GDT: 2022 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Man, Perry has gone from one of my favorite players, to someone I can’t stand watching play.

Is there a need to be in every single scrum?
Perry is in the class of players you love on your team and hate on the other 31. Same as Pronger, Kesler, etc.

Not as bad as a Marchand/Torres who should just be despised regardless, but he’s a career douchebag.

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Colorado's D is so superior to Tampa's. McDonough is on fumes. Hedman is going to have to play 30 minutes for Bolts to have a chance.

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
Manson wins a cup, then comes back to Anaheim to help with their rebuild, gets to stay in OC where he apparently likes it, takes a decent deal that doesn‘t handcuff the Ducks too much. Would be a nice story. Lol.
I actually believe that has been the plan since there was "no talk of an extension." COL wants him, so trade, let him go for a Cup, and talk new contract in free agency.

• Haha
Reactions: DavidBL and bsu

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Yeah I mean he might get some decent offers, but if his personal life takes any sort of precedence, returning to Socal has to be high on his list. Young family, wife is local, he’s lived here his whole career…

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
good for him if he wants to come back here and I’d take him back and name him captain probably. But I think he’ll sign up out a contender. There’s other good areas to raise a family

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
good for him if he wants to come back here and I’d take him back and name him captain probably. But I think he’ll sign up out a contender. There’s other good areas to raise a family
I feel like this is a default answer for most UFAs, and its not that the logic doesn't check out, but what contenders are all these guys signing with?
In an ideal world, everyone would want to play for a team with legitimate cup aspirations. This isn't an ideal world.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
"What did you say about me?" - Pears to all the fans that don't appreciate him suddenly when he's on another team :sarcasm:

20220619_102656.jpg

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I feel like this is a default answer for most UFAs, and its not that the logic doesn't check out, but what contenders are all these guys signing with?
In an ideal world, everyone would want to play for a team with legitimate cup aspirations. This isn't an ideal world.
I agree, there are cap ramifications, and if he can’t get what he’s asking for from a contender then maybe he comes back

I just personally think there’s going to be a reasonable 3 year offer to him from a team with a shot at winning in the first 2 of those years. Maybe I’ll be wrong

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Because he lives here and his family likes it here? He's under no pressure to sign here, and he can uproot and go if he wants. But id the family wants to stay, he'll talk.
So it was framed unequivocally to be funny, because yeah, we can all imagine reasons, I was just trying and failing to think of legitimately motivating ones. Other than he has a house here (I guess) and some family ties, which historically has been hugely overrated as a factor in a coveted UFA's decision on where to sign, I don't see the draw for him.

Doesn't mean I think he definitely won't end up here, of course he could, but I bet if he does it's because of something we don't know right now.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I agree, there are cap ramifications, and if he can’t get what he’s asking for from a contender then maybe he comes back

I just personally think there’s going to be a reasonable 3 year offer to him from a team with a shot at winning in the first 2 of those years. Maybe I’ll be wrong
Yeah, that more or less shouldn't have even been directed at you, I get the idea of specifically thinking Mansons in that range where he fits in on a good team and will go there, I'd just been sitting on that take for a while and wanted to point it out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad