GDT: 2022 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
If Colorado wins the cup, and Manson gets an offer that is decent, I think he’ll sign and stay there. I mean if they can shut down Tampa with Jack Johnson, how much pressure can there be on Josh.

And if he happens to win a second cup, he can play wherever he wants for as long as he wants. GM’s always place value on past cup success.

Plus he’s a professional athlete. He’ll always be gone from home half the season no matter where he signs. It’s not like he’s fighting constant freeway construction every morning.

John

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
He kinda did, he took the cup there for a rally the day after the team had their own victory parade. I think him not playing there another year wasn't really about moving on and more about being 40.
True, I think him re-signing in Colorado the summer after he was traded there was him moving on, but I get what you're saying. That said, I'd be pretty surprised if Josh parades the Cup down Katella this summer, but anyway this feels beside the point, which is that Bourque isn't an example of a guy re-signing in his hometown after being traded at the deadline.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Manson will have offers from other teams and will likely go to the highest bidder. I would be very surprised if he chose to come back rather than setting himself up for the rest of his life. It's his only opportunity to do so. He'll have other opportunities to come back if he really wants to.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Where does Manson stack up against someone like Zach Bogosian?

I was really surprised to see Bogosian is only a year older, but has played a lot more years.

I think Mason is worth more, but it is hard to say how much and I’m not sure how big a payday would be out there for him.

That said, I can’t imagine Josh signing for anything close to what Bogosian has signed for with Tampa.

John

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

I was really surprised to see Bogosian is only a year older, but has played a lot more years.

I think Mason is worth more, but it is hard to say how much and I’m not sure how big a payday would be out there for him.

That said, I can’t imagine Josh signing for anything close to what Bogosian has signed for with Tampa.

John
that's honestly mind blowing. only a year apart in age but bogosian debuted 6 years earlier than manson did

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts

John

Really? I would take someone like a Bogosian (or an Ekblad) over Manson.

It surprises me a bit here that people want to improve the roster, but want to bring back players like a Manson, or even a Rakell. We moved on from them, let's do it completely and start new

Reactions: duckpuck
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

It surprises me a bit here that people want to improve the roster, but want to bring back players like a Manson, or even a Rakell. We moved on from them, let's do it completely and start new
There's no reason to think we've necessarily moved on from them. The point was not to lose them for nothing, not that they weren't welcome here anymore.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA

Bogo is even more injury prone then Manson. I feel like Manson is the superior player capable of playing higher in the lineup. As far as bringing Manson back I think he's one of the few players that actually fits that hole. There may be a better player. Both he and Gudbranson have shown chemistry with Fowler. Who would you target for Fowlers partner this summer?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad