GDT: 2022 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Bettman has gotta be thrilled with the way this has played out.

East: team trying for historic 3peat vs. the largest American market
West: McDavid vs. MacKinnon, includes Draisaitl for the league’s three best players (four if you count Makar or Rantanen)

Reactions: Sean Garrity
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I thought the Canes were supposed to be way better?
They played well in the regular season but it made people not notice how thin their roster is on paper. Especially their defense, it just really isn't that great.

The Kotkaniemi offer sheet also might be one of the worst shoot yourself in the foot moves I can recall recently. A team with cup aspirations spending a first rounder and $6 million in cap space on their fourth line center is outrageous mismanagement.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Me too. I think Carolina is overrated. Tampa is gonna be very tough, especially if Point comes back.
I think Carolina is really well balanced team… if they have Andersen I’m guessing they win that series

I think tampa will be tough but I’m going rangers in 7…. Rangers have really good depth…. I think it comes down to shesh vs vasy and which goalie plays best

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think Carolina is really well balanced team… if they have Andersen I’m guessing they win that series

I think tampa will be tough but I’m going rangers in 7…. Rangers have really good depth…. I think it comes down to shesh vs vasy and which goalie plays best

ESPN crew throwing it out there the Rangers faced 3rd string, and back up goalies. So biased towards the Rangers, Lol. It’s going to be a tough series but if the Top guns show up, and Shesty plays well, I think they have a chance.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
glad the rangers won

that said, TB should win that series easily. i say TB in 5 and the avs knock off the oilers in 6

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
But I do agree that playing against teams with backups in goal has a significant impact.

There is a good chance healthy Binnington gets the Blues past the Avs.

And going 7 games against Louis Domingue doesn’t set the team up to be successful against Vasilevskiy, even if the Rangers are playing better. So is Tampa, and I’ll never underestimate Cooper’s ability to get the most out of his players, including a certain Hart Trophy winner who has a knack of turning back the clock when the playoffs roll around.

John

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I think Zib is underrated. Sure he's not as good as the other teams top centers but he's been producing points like a 1C.
He's a top line center just not a 'top5' in the league one.

Rangers have a 1C, a 1D, a 1W and a elite goalie. They have a chance vs Tampa imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad