GDT: 2022 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
The Oilers were the better team 5 years ago in the WCSF against us. This time, they were clearly much better than the Flames and I'm glad they found their way in.

Reactions: ohcomeonref

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The biggest takeaways from the Oilers series with us for me were that Kesler and Lindholm did an absolute number on McDavid and Getzlaf absolutely dominated (that or Detroit in 09 was probably the best series he played in a Ducks uniform). I think the better team clearly won.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
The biggest takeaways from the Oilers series with us for me were that Kesler and Lindholm did an absolute number on McDavid and Getzlaf absolutely dominated (that or Detroit in 09 was probably the best series he played in a Ducks uniform). I think the better team clearly won.
I personally think he was better in '09 against the wings. He and Perry carried that forward core that playoff year.

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
Man, what is with all the positivity around here. That's not what I come to these forums for!

Where is the schadenfreude?! Why are we not moaning about Edmonton succeeding because they tanked their way to the next Gretzky!?
I'll be that person. The Oilers were gifted four first overall #1 draft picks because of their inept management while the Ducks have never had one #1 draft pick. And I hate the Oilers' self-entitled,self-righteous fan base who went on and on and on about the Pronger trade and is forever bitching about the come back on Katella win. And if they didn't like Rakell's game-tying goal, then the Oiler's should never have been able to score their third goal when Corey Perry was taken down behind the Ducks' goal that gave the Oilers a 4-on-1 breakaway goal.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Tie game. Compher who was partially at fault for the first goal scores it, Manson with a huge assist.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Manson seems like he’s out there every second shift. Avs can’t execute, they’re getting shots but mostly perimeter ones.

Reactions: Sean Garrity

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Holy shit. Helm with 6 second to go for the win.

I was just about to complain about how boring that third period was!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad