GDT: 2022 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
How did Markstrom have such good numbers in the regular season… he looked terrible the entire series, and it wasn’t just because Edmonton has a lot of weapons. It looked like purely an accident every time he stopped the puck.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Gibson is better then both these goalies easily.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Go secure that 8-figure AAV bag with your two series wins in nearly a decade, Jonathan Fraudkey.

Happy for McDavid. He and (potentially) MacKinnon in the Conference Finals is gold for the league

Reactions: Paul4587 and bsu

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Imagine if the Oilers did the logical thing and took Zegras. He would single handily give them a secondary scoring line.... f***ing Broberg.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Gaudreau is a worse playoff performer than Nash and Thornton combined. Disappeared for games at a time and horrific defensively. Buyer beware.
Seemed like an insane amount of his shots were blocked tonight which is on him to a large extent. I thought if there ever was a chance that he’d go off in the playoffs it would be against a team like the Oilers but even they were able to stifle him.

Reactions: Paul4587

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Edmonton radio announcers said that it should’ve counted and one called it a terrible call. They went on to say what do you expect, this is the same league that allowed a goal when Perry grabbed a goaltenders pad… Does anyone know what they're referring too?
The salt from that play alone has been keeping the streets of Edmonton ice free for last 5 winters.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
How did Markstrom have such good numbers in the regular season… he looked terrible the entire series, and it wasn’t just because Edmonton has a lot of weapons. It looked like purely an accident every time he stopped the puck.

I think I say a picture of Markstrom's stats against Edmonton this season and they weren't good at all. The same trend continued in the playoffs.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
Call me a hater, but I have never really thought Markström was a good goalie to begin with. And to be honest I've been a bit flummoxed by everyone seeming to think that way the last couple of seasons.

He had one or two decent seasons in Vancouver with their system at the time being a defensive one that really supported Markström's stats, while the goalie himself looked shaky against every actually good team, and then he got paid a ton by Calgary for seemingly being a top 10 goalie in the league. And while he's been better in Calgary than I expected at first, this is still the result you get when you put him up against a high octane offence like Edmonton's. He's just not that good.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Call me a hater, but I have never really thought Markström was a good goalie to begin with. And to be honest I've been a bit flummoxed by everyone seeming to think that way the last couple of seasons.

He had one or two decent seasons in Vancouver with their system at the time being a defensive one that really supported Markström's stats, while the goalie himself looked shaky against every actually good team, and then he got paid a ton by Calgary for seemingly being a top 10 goalie in the league. And while he's been better in Calgary than I expected at first, this is still the result you get when you put him up against a high octane offence like Edmonton's. He's just not that good.

They were talking about his stats versus every other team on NHL Network Radio and it sounded like Edmonton was just his kryptonite.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

I don't think he's as good as some people have been lead to believe, but he's certainly not as bad as he looked in this series either. Whatever his actually normal standard may be, he was far below that the past few games, to the degree where I have to wonder if he was injured or something.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
If Colorado blows the whole series after that MacKinnon goal that would honestly be the most fitting end for them I can imagine.
If they have another 2nd round exit with a 3-1 series lead, MacKinnon will be gone. He put that game on his back and the team let him down.

He won’t re-sign with the Avalanche for more disappointment. Especially as the cap squeezes the roster.

John

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
If they have another 2nd round exit with a 3-1 series lead, MacKinnon will be gone. He put that game on his back and the team let him down.

He won’t re-sign with the Avalanche for more disappointment. Especially as the cap squeezes the roster.

John
Disagree

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

John
I actually do wonder about that. His comments last year were telling and I'm not sure he'd commit early if they have yet another second round collapse. Maybe that was just frustration but he really has no reason to sign an extension this July.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I'm surprised many of you (with Edmonton in the division) haven't seen McDavid like he is being showcased now. His talent is undeniable

I've seen him in person live a few times and he's ALWAYS on games on TV (since I'm from just outside Edmonton) and there was always a question if he could really properly lead his team in the playoffs. This year is remarkable because he's hitting his regular season numbers and then some. This isn't just normal McD things, this is McD on a mission.

Reactions: Paul4587

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I'm surprised many of you (with Edmonton in the division) haven't seen McDavid like he is being showcased now. His talent is undeniable

This is a different level. He's playing physical, and he's playing a more determined 200 foot game on top of his ridiculous offensive abilities.

edit: I see ohcomeonref beat me to it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad