GDT: 2022 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
seems like Tampa's hardest competition coming out of the East is actually gonna be Toronto. They'll have an easy path to the SCF and probably beat whoever survives between Colorado/Edmonton/Calgary.

I don’t think Tampa can beat Colorado. I think they will struggle with the Canes also, unless Vasi stays in god mode.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
And not signed Tavares. They would be in so much better shape right now.
Well, he is still close to a PPG player so it's not a horrible contract but it does feel like it is holding them back a bit as far as the depth goes.
They still haven't gone past 1st round and yet the Isles without him who was thought to be done, went to the conference finals twice and both times were really really close to going to the finals :laugh: It's hilarious in a way, yet I don't hate on Tavares tho.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Well, he is still close to a PPG player so it's not a horrible contract but it does feel like it is holding them back a bit as far as the depth goes.
They still haven't gone past 1st round and yet the Isles without him who was thought to be done, went to the conference finals twice and both times were really really close to going to the finals :laugh: It's hilarious in a way, yet I don't hate on Tavares tho.

It was a lets take the next step type of contract, they needed to win before he started declining which unfortunately for them appeared to be this last season. With Kadri they would have had a better player this season at less than half the cap hit and flexibility as he goes into UFA status, they can either opt to try to resign him or reinvest his money into the D. Instead they’re stuck with an $11M anchor with 4 years left.

Reactions: bsu and Kalv

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

never really been a Kadri supporter or anything and do think he's got his own handful of dirty ass plays in the past. but dumbasses like this makes it pretty easy to root for him.

f***ing psychopaths literally.

Reactions: Kalv
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

never really been a Kadri supporter or anything and do think he's got his own handful of dirty ass plays in the past. but dumbasses like this makes it pretty easy to root for him.

Doesn't make me root for him at all, he's an utter piece of shit. It's just that--to bsu's point--people in the social media era have decided that this abhorrent garbage is acceptable, because they're largely pieces of shit, too.

People are by-and-large pieces of shit, is my point.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Doesn't make me root for him at all, he's an utter piece of shit. It's just that--to bsu's point--people in the social media era have decided that this abhorrent garbage is acceptable, because they're largely pieces of shit, too.

Every day that goes by the world definitely gets worse when it comes to that too. Sucks.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
It goes to show that even some of the best best UFA contracts are still bad ideas when they're of that scale. They already had an incredibly young 1C and a great 2C, so at best they had to have their ducks in a row with the young core before doing something like that.

Reactions: Kalv

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Yeah but he is still a POS. Cannot root for him. Yeah some St. Louis fans crossed the line with their hate, but it doesn't change that Kadri is a POS.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal

People have always been abhorrent garbage. Social media has just give them an outlet to show how big of a piece of a shit they are to the world, and find other pieces of shit just like them that they can congregate around each other. Where as before social media, human feces had to physically show themselves to the real people immediately located in their real world bubble. And so they were too ashamed to show their true human turd-ness for fear of being called out as pieces of garbage

bsu

Sep 27, 2017

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

i like Perron but he was being an absolute moron last game. should have been suspended for the attempted elbow on Kadri. DOPS once again is not about protecting players or punishing players. just there to collect pocket change from millionaires.

• Wow
Reactions: bsu

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee

And just like that they have successfully turned an unlikable guy (not a fan of the shit Kadri has done in the past) into someone I root for.

What a f***ing joke.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Getting rid of kadri and signing Tavares was the worst combination of moves ever.

Kadri really is everything the leafs need
He's built for the playoffs just like Manson.
Suddenly Colorado seems so tough......Manson, Kadri, Landeskog and Johnson.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

Yeah. Given the demographics of NHL its important they come out strong against racism and the fans around the league need to condemn racism too, especially when this kind of thing happens.
We all want the league to get more talented and deeper talent pool, building bridges into other communitys and backgrounds is gonna make the NHL more competitive and draw more fans.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
The Kadri thing is a prime example of why social media is such a cancer. We are not more racist than we were 10 years ago, exactly the opposite, but give every moron a platform and they end up with a megaphone.

We wouldnt have nearly the problems we do today if it wasnt for social media. And I mean that on a ton of different fronts. Racism, shootings, lies, manipulation, political divide, etc, etc. You only end up hearing the bad, or the bad is the only stuff that gets the attention and then everyones perceptions are skewed.

Kadri is still a POS tho.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
He's a literal plug tho
He's an effective enforcer obviously a much worse player than Deslauriers. It shows in not only how the team responded but the fact Colorado gave him an extension. Colorado took notice from Tampa Bay that adding tough players makes the team tougher to play against and protect skill players. Opposite of soft garbage Toronto and our very own joke Verbeek

Reactions: bsu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad