GDT: 2022 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I mean, he took advantage of being directed into the net by the opposing defenseman and made it count. We watched and applauded Perry for doing the exact same for years.
I might be wrong but I feel Perry's were typically nothing like that. Like he'd usually just fall on the goalie when he was standing still, nothing close to the way Kadri barreled into Binnington.

Reactions: Arthuros

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
People like to shit on the franchise as a whole but they're a pretty talented group and it's really flown under the radar. Obviously McDavid does a lot of heavy lifting but it's so much more than that IMO.
There forwards are solid for sure and capable of winning a cup

Hyman and Kane both great pickups. We need a couple guys like that eventually

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Lucic with a 5 for running Smith. May be reviewed and changed to a 2. If Calgary wants to pay someone to take him off their hands for his last year I’m all about him coming here.

I'm on the fence about it. Need someone to fill that role, and if we are a cap floor team he offers huge savings. But he is quite terrible at hockey, outside of running Smith, I thought he was so notably bad out there. Seemed as though the puck kept following him around and he couldn't make a good play to save his life. I don't think he's anywhere close to as effective as Des for example, with the rough stuff sure, but not nearly as good of a player.

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
why are Tampa and Florida playing again? are they only series that has a back to back?
I noticed that too, weird. Maybe scheduling conflict? odd.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Do coaches often get canned after being nominated for coach of the year?
It was a long time ago but Ted Nolan was fired the summer after he won it lol. I'm too lazy to look up the nominees every year so I'll guess that it's incredibly rare but a lot of winners last like just a year or two after they win so it definitely doesn't help with job security.

In Bruno's case I'm not even sure he has a contract and there's been whispers he won't be back. I think Friedge mentioned he might not even want to coach but rather be an exec somewhere although not sure that'll happen.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Barkov needs to be more impactful....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad