GDT: 2022 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I think Boston and Carolina are on completely different levels to the Rangers who are the worst team in the playoffs who got propped up by a historical regular season goaltending performance. I’m not surprised at all how bad they’ve looked, I think the Pens are a good team but they’re also incredibly lucky who their opponent is.
I think they’re better than NYR for sure but I’ll take PIT over them. Their best 4 players (Crosby, Malkin, Letang, and Guenztel)are as good or better yhan anyones, and the only reason people downgrade them is because of age

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I think they’re better than NYR for sure but I’ll take PIT over them. Their best 4 players (Crosby, Malkin, Letang, and Guenztel)are as good or better yhan anyones, and the only reason people downgrade them is because of age

I would take Bergeron, Pasta, Marchand and McAvoy easily over that foursome but each to their own, I can see an argument either way.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Drysdale has all the tools to be just as dynamic as Miro.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They’ve got a great group of wingers but their C’s are brutal and they have no top 4 dmen outside of Fox. I don’t rate them at all.

Outside of Zibanejad their “C” depth really falls off but the issue is, none of them can shutdown the oppositions star players like a Cirelli, ROR, Bergeron, Danault, Lindholm, or even Hintz can. Another issue, they cannot win face offs. This is why it is so critical for Zegras to get better in that department and be stronger on the puck. I know he will.

As per the D, Rangers have Fox and Trouba. The others are inconsistent or young without experience. Shesterkin stole a lot of games and points for them this season, and I said if he gets burnt out or worn down, it’s going to show the Rangers true colors.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Drysdale has all the tools to be just as dynamic as Miro.
Except a couple of inches I guess (EDIT: I'm talking about body size :laugh:)

In his D+2 year, Miro had pretty much the same production (33p) as Drysdale ( 32p) in pretty much the same amount of games. And Miro also was the worst on his team in +/- that year.
So for sure, there are some clear similarities, actually.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
This playoff series has made me want to stay away from Reaves. I expected him to be much more impactful at swinging momentum. I always thought he and Des had similar value but this offseason, I’d 10x rather sign Des than go for Reaves

Des can actually play hockey. Scoring a goal will always be the best momentum swing. All Reaves can do is hit and fight, but only the true heavies will fight him anyways.

Reactions: bsu

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Crazy the won last game without mcavoy and lindholm…. Idk if I see them beating Carolina 2x in a row without both of them

I think I read Lindholm is close to returning. McAvoy will be out at least 5 days with the current protocol right?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think I read Lindholm is close to returning. McAvoy will be out at least 5 days with the current protocol right?
I think so.

Both are out tonight, I get the impression lindholm could’ve come back today but they are being extra careful

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Des can actually play hockey. Scoring a goal will always be the best momentum swing. All Reaves can do is hit and fight, but only the true heavies will fight him anyways.

Yeah i thought I remember Reaves being a decent hockey player though. He's been like Boll level this playoff series.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Yeah i thought I remember Reaves being a decent hockey player though. He's been like Boll level this playoff series.

He’s a terrible player and a complete dirtbag. I don’t know how he keeps getting the contracts he gets.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Man if oilers lose to the kings…. I really don’t know what they do…. Would be as bad as Toronto losing to Montreal last year.

Trade for a goalie and work on turning over soem Dmen. Ive never liked Smith, always thought he was over-hyped.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
He’s a terrible player and a complete dirtbag. I don’t know how he keeps getting the contracts he gets.

He's definitely not that. Terrible player sure, but he's nowhere near one of the dirtier players and he's fantastic with the fans and really popular with his teammates.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
He's definitely not that. Terrible player sure, but he's nowhere near one of the dirtier players and he's fantastic with the fans and really popular with his teammates.

Going to have to agree to disagree there then. While he’s not extremely dirty to the level of a Torres or Cooke he definitely throws his share of cheap shots. He behaves like an absolute punk on the ice, has been suspended multiple times in key situations and he comes across as an arrogant douchebag in a lot of interviews he does.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
if the oilers lose in the first round i don't see how mcdavid doesn't demand a trade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad