GDT: 2022 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
TBH I think Boston could have gone without one or the other (either acquire the 2C but ice someone subpar next to McAvoy, OR acquire a McAvoy partner and hope Haula can handle it).

Now they don't have either a true 2C or a 2D, and they're getting killed for it. Very unfortunate, as I think Game 1 was winnable barring that serious meltdown after Raanta's 10-bell stops.

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
I’ve never been that impressed by Sergachev. He’s a fine 2nd pairing guy, but he’s going to be paid like a top pairing guy. And since they won’t be able to afford him, Tampa is going to get a haul for him, too.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
took minnesota almost 22 years to land a player actually worth the price of admission

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I’ve never been that impressed by Sergachev. He’s a fine 2nd pairing guy, but he’s going to be paid like a top pairing guy. And since they won’t be able to afford him, Tampa is going to get a haul for him, too.
He's their Fowler, not in play style but similar impacts imo.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
if the oilers lose in the first round i don't see how mcdavid doesn't demand a trade

What are his options if the Oilers don't want to trade him? Sit out and not get paid? Or play bad but hurt his legacy. Has a player demanded a trade and the team wouldn't trade him before? I wouldn't want to trade the best player in the world.
I don't know if there's a proper analogy to be drawn between McDavid and Ovi, but I don't think Ovi has ever requested a trade despite all of that choking and he stuck through all of the shit to win a Cup.

Now if McD turns 35 and he hasn't won a cup...

I think the difference is that the Caps were a good team and it was the team/coach that was seen as choking. Hard to demand a trade when you're seen as part of the problem. Not that Ovi is bad in the playoffs, but controller disconnect Ovi could be argued wasn't helping.

Oilers just have bad management.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Except the general consensus is that he’s much better than Fowler, even though it’s arguable that he is any better at all.
Yeah I'd take Serg overall because he's bigger and tougher but it's super close imo. Fowler is more useful for us because he can minute munch.

Reactions: All Mighty

SoCal Dreaming

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2020
Id like to see the Kings-Oilers game go OT.

Whoever wins in this series... I can't see either team moving passed the 2nd round.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad