GDT: 2022 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
"Since 2017, out of all 350 players that have played at least 200 5v5 minutes in the playoffs, Johnny Gaudreau ranks 346th (!!) in 5v5 Points/60."

My friend who is a Flames fan sent me this stat so not sure it's accurate. Either way that's their biggest issue and always has been. You are never going to make a run if your best player is Gaudreau. 7 even strength points in 33 playoff games is not getting it done.

Reactions: Paul4587

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Yeah, I saw that too. In a way, it kind of disputes the narrative of him not showing up in the playoffs. If there are even fewer PPs, he’s just flat out not going to put up any points.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Yeah, I saw that too. In a way, it kind of disputes the narrative of him not showing up in the playoffs. If there are even fewer PPs, he’s just flat out not going to put up any points.

Being one of the league's least productive 5on5 players in the playoffs definitely does not dispute the narrative that he's unable to produce at playoff time.

Sure, on one hand the fewer power plays does help explain away some of the lack of production, obviously he'd put up a few more points with more PP time. However, the fact is that there are less calls in the playoffs, meaning that guys get away with more clutch & grab etc, and Gaudreau just can't seem to find or create the same time/space for himself in order to play his game and produce.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Being one of the league's least productive 5on5 players in the playoffs definitely does not dispute the narrative that he's unable to produce at playoff time.

Sure, on one hand the fewer power plays does help explain away some of the lack of production, obviously he'd put up a few more points with more PP time. However, the fact is that there are less calls in the playoffs, meaning that guys get away with more clutch & grab etc, and Gaudreau just can't seem to find or create the same time/space for himself in order to play his game and produce.

Edit: NVM I read that quote wrong, my bad. It’s in the playoffs not RS

Last edited:

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
I don’t disagree but guess I see it a little differently. Sure, he’s not a great playoff performer compared to other guys but I don’t think he gets much worse or anything, seeing that he struggles at ES during the season.

He led in the league in even strength points this year with 90. 2nd was McDavid with 78.

For his career he's at 434 ESP in 602 games. Now you contrast that with the 7 ESP in 33 playoff games and there is a sizable dropoff in his production rate.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
He led in the league in even strength points this year with 90. 2nd was McDavid with 78.

For his career he's at 434 ESP in 602 games. Now you contrast that with the 7 ESP in 33 playoff games and there is a sizable dropoff in his production rate.
Yeah, I read your quote wrong. Didn’t see it was talking postseason only.

He’s not great when things get tighter

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Svech is a handful, mean streak and has elite skill. Can we draft someone like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad