GDT: 2022 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
But some are hoping others get retribution, and I think that's what Duckie is talking about.

Nice, solid hits that shake people up a bit, make the game tough and physical, are great. Getting in their head and messing with their plan, putting them back on their heels is perfect. Anyone getting hurt sucks, doesn't matter who it is.
Retribution for what?

Reactions: bsu

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
For the hit on Hampus. Mod edit

Those just from the recent convo here. But also plenty of people wishing injury on select players (Kadri, Knee-ordano, Wilson, Marchand, etc., etc.), so just talking in a general sense as well.
It was a clean playoff hit. I love Hampus more than anyone but he got ran over cleanly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
For the hit on Hampus. Mod edit

Those just from the recent convo here. But also plenty of people wishing injury on select players (Kadri, Knee-ordano, Wilson, Marchand, etc., etc.), so just talking in a general sense as well.
Ah I see what you mean. Maybe that is what he meant?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: branmuffin17
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
No ones cheering on his injury, quite the opposite actually.

But Hampus Lindholm, historically, cannot stay healthy for full seasons. Maybe this will be a weird outlier where that changes deep into his 30s.
Should a team in a rebuild bet on that? I’m glad Patrick Verbeek is our GM right now

don't say this too loud, you'll have other posters still piss and moan about how injuries are apart of the game

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Don’t say this too loud, or he’ll get injured again. The dude can’t stay healthy, whether it’s random or not, he’s starting to become injury prone as much as Lupul was.
Eh, I prefer comparing to Sami Salo.

saloInjuryList.jpg

Reactions: Ducks DVM

SoCal Dreaming

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2020
That was a clean hit for sure. Sucks that it had to be Hampus on the butt end of it. He had his head down to the puck. He should've known better. I think in the video, someone tried to shout and warn him but when he looked up... it was too late.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Gaudreau really needs a good playoff to shake his reputation as a playoff choker. Surely playoff production has to come for him at some point, right?

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Nashville/Colorado is an awesome game.

Big ups to Connor Ingram. Didn't get the win but man a hell of a game.

Dallas ties up their series with Calgary.

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
Nashville deserves to get swept for blowing that 4-0 lead to Arizona and making me endure Dallas/Calgary, which may be the most boring playoff series in years. Bowness vs. Sutter throwing it back to the dead puck era!
At least 1 of those teams is guaranteed to be eliminated in round 1.

Also, I’d trade anything to have Makar on the ducks, second best player in the world imo and maybe the most exciting to watch, what an unbelievable player he is.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Carolina up one midway through the first. Boston's lack of depth is a problem, can't believe they didn't push for a 2C. Hampus is also out, so defensive depth not great.

Reactions: bsu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad