Post-Game Talk: 2022 NHL Playoffs - Round 1: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Toronto Maple Leafs | 4-3 WIN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
So… I missed basically all of last night’s game in the hospital with another concussion. I remember seeing 1-0 and 4-0 and that’s it. What exactly happened?

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Watching Colorado just dismantle the Preds, the one thing i noticed they do that we dont is shoot shoot shoot shoot, they spent 95% of their PP in the Preds zone and just shoot, not always on net but they kept shooting and always got to the loose puck to keep it in. Why cant we do that?

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Well the reason we didn't do it last game is because we couldn't get the damn puck in the zone and set up

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Hey, not here to say jack about the series other then gl, but saw a couple posts in the G1 GDT early about the anthem singer that I cant quote because the thread is done, just wanted to say cool, ya, she does really belt it out. Martina Ortiz Luis, she won a talent search for a new singer at like 16 years old or something stupid. I'd normally skip the anthems on PVR or something if I could, but its spine-tingling still 4 years or whatever in. If she can do the anthems for the next 40 years give or take until I'm in the ground, that'd be fine.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Just win l, bring the intensity and the boon. Let the bodies hit the floor!

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Watching Colorado just dismantle the Preds, the one thing i noticed they do that we dont is shoot shoot shoot shoot, they spent 95% of their PP in the Preds zone and just shoot, not always on net but they kept shooting and always got to the loose puck to keep it in. Why cant we do that?
I think it was in the late stages of the 2nd or 3rd period, but one PP (not the Hedman turnover SHA goal?) Kuch took lole 3 rocket shots and Stammer and Heddy had one as well, Toronto look jumbled. Luckily the puck stayed in the zone with the misses but they looked good on only that PP cause Kuch was actually shooting, everyone was

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
just play point stamkos and kucherov together. the second line isn’t gonna score much either way so might as well try to get the most out of our big guys

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
just play point stamkos and kucherov together. the second line isn’t gonna score much either way so might as well try to get the most out of our big guys
I wondered this as well. Majority of the offense was carried by two players last hear (kuch and point). Why not try to get that Kuch and Point magic working again and have the 2nd line be a shutdown line?

Wasn't there a handful of Paul - Point - Kucherov shifts?? Could be something

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Toronto's coverage and transition game is dog shit. They are incredible when the puck is on their stick once they get past center ice. Cooper should easily be able to game plan around this.

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
Yes, if only our approach was as successful as Colorado's...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad