GDT: 2022 NHL Draft (And Trade Rumors) - Montreal - July 7 - July 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
While I completely disagree with the politics and personal brand of DeAngelo, the hockey player is someone to behold. Odd to trade for his rights when we paid a boatload to get rid of a doppelgänger, but this team could use him and I think Chuck likes the cockiness of him.

Reactions: Tarpongg

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Truly think we got rid of Ghost because of AV.
While I agree - that should be considered white noise. We actively paid good assets to get rid of a good asset. It just doesn’t make sense. We then spend more assets to get someone who is basically a statistical similarly with publicly critiqued locker room rhetoric? In terms of getting from A - Z we missed all the logic in between and are using numbers instead of letters in this metaphor of a situation.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
If I were going to acquire a guy with DeAngelo's locker room issues, I would do it on a cheap one year where he's forced to keep his nose clean and then try to trade him at full value. The last thing I would be doing is trading for his RFA rights and then giving him term. The well run orgs identify themselves pretty quickly in these situations.

Someone is going to have to explain that Husso trade to me very slowly. He's not without risk, but Detroit loading up on a quantity of legit Goalies is great process on their timeline. If I were them, I'd rather have 3 guys than 2 by a significant margin.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
What kind of contract is DeAngelo looking at?

Sanheim-Ellis
Provorov-DeAngelo
York-Risto

Thats not terrible but I assume getting TD is bad news for Ellis. Or means Provy is on the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad