GDT: 2022 NHL Draft (And Trade Rumors) - Montreal - July 7 - July 8

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I watched Fletcher's interview because I hate myself, and he had a curious answer to: "Are you making a concerted effort to take a shoot first guy, or is it BPA?" It's pretty easy to just say the latter, right?

"Uh, we've certainly been looking for forwards with offensive upside........you know I think we always want skill, but preferably, if we can get skill in a bigger package, that's a good thing too." Not that I needed to know that he uses high picks for fit, after admitting to it with York and Foerster, but yeah, not the longest view in the room for this man.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
I watched Fletcher's interview because I hate myself, and he had a curious answer to: "Are you making a concerted effort to take a shoot first guy, or is it BPA?" It's pretty easy to just say the latter, right?

"Uh, we've certainly been looking for forwards with offensive upside........you know I think we always want skill, but preferably, if we can get skill in a bigger package, that's a good thing too." Not that I needed to know that he uses high picks for fit, after admitting to it with York and Foerster, but yeah, not the longest view in the room for this man.
Because he's a f***ing idiot, can't wait for us to clean house or for Clarke and company to finally die off

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018

I’m sad Seattle took Wright and robbed us of the spectacle of Chuck taking Gauthier over Wright

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Hawks are also talking to teams about Dach (Jackets are one of teams)

Davidson is truly blowing it up and building team he wants it looks like

Kane/Toews control own paths if they want to follow Keith route. Jones is going to be face of franchise during rebuild it appears and be elder statesman with the kids on D in coming years
Dark times for you and your franchise. Feel you.

Side note: our time will be a lot darker!

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018

I hope the Clarke regime never sees the playoffs again.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
So there were two Russian players selected last night (or at least two playing in Russia I should say, IDK if Ryssian players from other leagues taken). Was this indicative of a concern around their ability to get out or would this have been the same result if there was no issues with Russia?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
So there were two Russian players selected last night (or at least two playing in Russia I should say, IDK if Ryssian players from other leagues taken). Was this indicative of a concern around their ability to get out or would this have been the same result if there was no issues with Russia?

They were all present at the draft so that’s a good sign. They said on the broadcast that Mintyukov’s been in the US for 2 years now. He came over even when the OHL wasn’t playing last year to train & get used to the US.

Miroshnichenko had cancer & apparently left Russia before the war broke out to get treatment in Germany.

I don’t know about Yurov’s story.

Tarpongg

#fakerebuild #cutterwasright #AlexeiAWOL
May 26, 2012
I guess Chuck The Architect can sleep in this morning while other teams are making premium picks. Flahrsy can visit the omelette station twice. Nothing says aggressive “retool” like leaving yourself short on both draft picks and cap space- all self inflicted.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
This one was absurd yesterday so it got put into the Septic Tank thread.

Since it got even more absurd with how the draft fell it needs to be placed in here…

Never listen to this guy EVER. He throws shit at the wall just to act like he has sources.

1657284683906.png

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Bobby Mac had him at 5 , is he historically that off on his rankings ?
He had Strome at #5 in 2015, and Strome is has been outscored by 17 players from that draft so far. That is not a knock on McKenzie, just evidence that consensus rankings aren't anywhere close to foolproof.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
They were all present at the draft so that’s a good sign. They said on the broadcast that Mintyukov’s been in the US for 2 years now. He came over even when the OHL wasn’t playing last year to train & get used to the US.

Miroshnichenko had cancer & apparently left Russia before the war broke out to get treatment in Germany.

I don’t know about Yurov’s story.
Oh nice. I shut it off after Flyers pick and just kind of flipped back and forth throughout the night. Didn't realize they were there. That's a good sign. Hopefully they stay stateside.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Just watched the Fletcher draft interview. My ears are bleeding. "Big", "Size".

He has to be the least creative GM I can ever remember.

I know it's Sommmmmmmmerrrmannnnn but did these words really come out of Chuck's mouth?

Are you potentially looking to get a second-round pick?

Certainly, we’ll look at that if there are opportunities. We have a very early third round pick, so I think we’re pretty confident that someone we like and would possibly take in the second round would fall to that spot. I think we’re comfortable with where we’re picking, but you’re always looking for those opportunities.

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
He had Strome at #5 in 2015, and Strome is has been outscored by 17 players from that draft so far. That is not a knock on McKenzie, just evidence that consensus rankings aren't anywhere close to foolproof.

I personally didn't think strome was a very good prospect, I had him much lower than 5

Reactions: BiggE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad