2022 NFL/NCAA U.S. Football Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Thank god because @Bleedred would be doing his softie of the night analysis on kickers every Sunday lmao

To be honest, I haven’t seriously followed football in I wanna say 25 years? And I haven’t really loved football in, oh man, 35 years? Let’s just say I lost interest at a very young age.

My buddy and I have went to a couple of Bucs games over the years and I have went to Giants Stadium a few times for games over my life. Went to MetLife I think just once, but that was to see Supercross when I was visiting in 2014.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Football as a Jets fan only provides heartbreak.

Defense breaks down in epic fashion, time management issues and a missed 58 yarder to send it to OT.

I think what people may have overlooked on the timeout issue on the final drive was I think they tried to rush a play because of the uncertainly as to whether Garrett Wilson caught the ball or not. They didn't want to risk it being reviewed potentially so they hurried up instead. It's a hard position to be in down on the sideline I'm sure, but it ended up burning them in the end.

They still have some control with how things played out yesterday with New England but they have to win out. It is doable but I'm certainly not optimistic. I give them more credit than most Jet fans probably do, the team has overcome a shit ton of injuries to their most important players (Breece, AVT and the offensive line as a whole, Quinnen). But when you have the lead there late and you speak to how good your defense is, I want to see them close it out and not give up a 50 yard TD on 4th and inches.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

Defense breaks down in epic fashion, time management issues and a missed 58 yarder to send it to OT.

I think what people may have overlooked on the timeout issue on the final drive was I think they tried to rush a play because of the uncertainly as to whether Garrett Wilson caught the ball or not. They didn't want to risk it being reviewed potentially so they hurried up instead. It's a hard position to be in down on the sideline I'm sure, but it ended up burning them in the end.

They still have some control with how things played out yesterday with New England but they have to win out. It is doable but I'm certainly not optimistic. I give them more credit than most Jet fans probably do, the team has overcome a shit ton of injuries to their most important players (Breece, AVT and the offensive line as a whole, Quinnen). But when you have the lead there late and you speak to how good your defense is, I want to see them close it out and not give up a 50 yard TD on 4th and inches.

Nah, they're cooked. Playing the hottest QB in the league, top 3 worst road atmospheres and then have the Miami waiting for revenge at home in week 18.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Eh, I haven't seen them make the playoffs for a decade and not since I was a sophomore in high school in 2010 so there's some self loathing there but yeah I think yesterday was really bad.
The last three weeks were just the usual typical December bullshit with the Jets, regular as clockwork. The Patriots punt return game was hideous even by Jet standards though.

The one good December we actually had in a crunch time situation (since ‘98) was the Fitzmagic season when they somehow went 5-0 in December only to spit the bit against Rex in Buffalo anyway.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The last three weeks were just the usual typical December bullshit with the Jets, regular as clockwork. The Patriots punt return game was hideous even by Jet standards though.

The one good December we actually had in a crunch time situation (since ‘98) was the Fitzmagic season when they somehow went 5-0 in December only to spit the bit against Rex in Buffalo anyway.

Yeah, my negativity with sports comes from having 1 fluke bubble appearance with the Devils cause of Taylor Hall's heroics and that 2015 Jets season for the last decade of the sports. If there's any sort of solace, at least it was Detroit being rewarded. That fanbase has been tortured just as much as we have.

Reactions: NJDevs26

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Maybe I'm missing something important, but why didn't dude just go down and get to OT as opposed to....that?
Oh you're not missing anything. That's the million dollar question. It's as stupid as stupid gets from Meyers throwing it to Mac Jones at all, running backwards 10 yards prior to that, or the first guy even lateraling at all.

Reactions: None Shall Pass

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Nobody has ever accused some NFL players of being the brightest bulbs.

Oh you're not missing anything. That's the million dollar question. It's as stupid as stupid gets from Meyers throwing it to Mac Jones at all, running backwards 10 yards prior to that, or the first guy even lateraling at all.

Lol, good to know. I was thinking, since its getting late in the season, maybe OT wins don't count as much as regular wins in NFL standings like the NHL? Glad to know it was just two dudes making a boner.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

I don't feel quite the same kind of pain as a lapsed Vikings fan since my heartbreak was usually in the playoffs (I can still see Favre's idiotic interception late in the 2009 NFC Championship game like it was yesterday). I finally gave up like 7-8 years ago and now barely watch football anymore.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
He's been super close all season(leads the league in pressure's I believe) so hopefully this is the break through moment.
Totally agree, his metrics have been the best in his draft class, despite not having the counting stats of Hutchinson.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Totally agree, his metrics have been the best in his draft class, despite not having the counting stats of Hutchinson.
I don't watch Hutchinson, but for Thib's specifically, it's about actually making the play. Coming close is nice(and he whiffed on Dak on ThanksGiving), but this ain't horseshoe's, need the Washington game to be the launching point.

Reactions: Clam Jensen

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
99.9% of the time I'm not pro-tank, but holy f*** the Jets winning those two games when they were 0-13 is gonna reverberate for the next decade.

Reactions: HBK27 and My3Sons

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
When you get benched for journeyman Chris Streveler AND said journeyman actually looks a shit ton better than you without even being that great, it's time to go home.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
99.9% of the time I'm not pro-tank, but holy f*** the Jets winning those two games when they were 0-13 is gonna reverberate for the next decade.

That was literally known after the game ended.

Zach Wilson's Jet career is over and I can't say I'm shedding any tears for him. Fire Lafleur + get a new starting QB for 2023.

youve gotta get Wilson outta there

He's done in NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad