2022 NFL/NCAA U.S. Football Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Whatever, this season is probably toast but it's a better move for the future. If he sucks bad then they have no excuse to not go out and get a QB in the offseason. If he's good and they get into the playoffs, then he affords another year which might be a red herring but I don't think the fanbase is gonna complain lol

31-10 Lions

What's the over/under on Tua completions in snowy Buffalo? 10.5?

• Haha
Reactions: Clam Jensen

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I still maintain that if anyone other than Jimmy Garoppolo is the Jets QB in 2023, I will be stunned.

Whatever, this season is probably toast but it's a better move for the future. If he sucks bad then they have no excuse to not go out and get a QB in the offseason. If he's good and they get into the playoffs, then he affords another year which might be a red herring but I don't think the fanbase is gonna complain lol

What's the over/under on Tua completions in snowy Buffalo? 10.5?

how dare the QB who has been better than all but like 4-5 guys in the league this year have a bad game!

Jets fans would kill for Tua right now.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I still maintain that if anyone other than Jimmy Garoppolo is the Jets QB in 2023, I will be stunned.

how dare the QB who has been better than all but like 4-5 guys this year have a bad game!

Jets fans would kill for Tua right now.

Hey, you clearly made a score prediction to get Jets fans angry in this thread. Don't be mad when your team who's free falling gets called out too, lmao. Don't dish it if you can't take it. And sure maybe, but that's telling a hungry person not to complain about a TV dinner. What good QB play have Jets have had besides the outlier Fitz season in 2015 which still imploded in their face?

As for your Jimmy G point, it shouldn't be him but the alternative knowing them will be Andy Dalton so sure. If Lafleur somehow survives this season, then yeah it's gonna be Jimmy G. I'd fire Lafleur and get a new OC.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
They lost 2 in a row on the road, with 1 of those being to a top 5 team in the league, and both games were close the entire way. Is that really "free falling"?

anyways, mainly just spouting off because of all the Jets fans I know that shoved Mike White up my ass for the past 2 weeks as if he was some MVP level player

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And Mike White missing the game on injury gives you bragging rights? Get out of here with that nonsense.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
They lost 2 in a row on the road, with 1 of those being to a top 5 team in the league, and both games were close the entire way. Is that really "free falling"?

anyways, mainly just spouting off because of all the Jets fans I know that shoved Mike White up my ass for the past 2 weeks as if he was some MVP level player

I mean Jets lost to the Vikings and Bills in the same manner but you think they'll get blown out by a 6-7 Lions team, lol. And they should've beaten the Chargers, they lost by one possession and Tua had his worst game of the year so yeah I'd consider it a free fall considering they have the 10-3 Bills on the road. And no Jets fan think Mike White is the future, he's the equivalent of 2008 Chad Pennington was for the Dolphins. A fun guy that you can root for due to the circumstances but by no means he's your future.

Reactions: NJDevs26

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well it’s hard to see White as the future considering he’s a FA after the year and is apparently about as injury prone as Zach is. But he was certainly by far the best chance of getting the Jets in the playoffs THIS year.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Well it’s hard to see White as the future considering he’s a FA after the year and is apparently about as injury prone as Zach is. But he was certainly by far the best chance of getting the Jets in the playoffs THIS year.

Agreed, but it is what it is. Remember how mad we were in a fanbase when we went all in on Fitzpatrick in 2015 after Geno shattered his jaw in preseason? We didn't make the playoffs + we didn't get the answer on Geno to be the future with the first year he had weapons with an all Pro Brandon Marshall + Eric Decker + decent OL + Chris Ivory. Who knows what would've happened if we played Geno late that year? Maybe he's the guy who's been playing in Seattle this year (Granted, his game last night + vs Panthers weren't great but still) Guy only came in for mop up duty in some blowouts which was horrific for the long term. Also Wilson's playing for his NFL career. If the dude sucks, then there's nothing salvageable about him with his back against the wall.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I mean Jets lost to the Vikings and Bills in the same manner but you think they'll get blown out by a 6-7 Lions team, lol. And they should've beaten the Chargers, they lost by one possession and Tua had his worst game of the year so yeah I'd consider it a free fall considering they have the 10-3 Bills on the road. And no Jets fan think Mike White is the future, he's the equivalent of 2008 Chad Pennington was for the Dolphins. A fun guy that you can root for due to the circumstances but by no means he's your future.

the Lions are arguably the hottest team in the league. Thinking they are just "the 6-7 Lions" is completely unfair..we will see.

and I promise you, I had MULTIPLE Jets fans telling me that Mike White was the future the past 2 weeks.

And Mike White missing the game on injury gives you bragging rights? Get out of here with that nonsense.

again considering I dealt with Jets fans ripped Tua for being injury prone, "he cant throw deep", etc....yes. Works both ways.

I am not saying anyone here, FYI. Just in general.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
the Lions are arguably the hottest team in the league. Thinking they are just "the 6-7 Lions" is completely unfair..we will see.

and I promise you, I had MULTIPLE Jets fans telling me that Mike White was the future the past 2 weeks.

again considering I dealt with Jets fans ripped Tua for being injury prone, "he cant throw deep", etc....yes. Works both ways.

I am not saying anyone here, FYI. Just in general.

I mean it's kinda like the Devils where we've been waiting for them to pop one of these years. The Jets fanbase has also been starving for a franchise QB for the last 20 years, they're gonna cling to anyone due to the market + fanbase's yearning for one. Remember the Greg McElroy bullshit in 2012? :laugh: That's by far worse than the Mike White stuff. And most Jets fans are morons, I wouldn't let it get to you. Most of us hate our own fanbase for the most part. I despise Greenberg and Gary V for how they make us Jets fans look in the media. Like I said, short term this is a loss for the Jets but it's a massive win for the Jets future. 2022 was all about knowing what Zach Wilson was. Not getting that answer with Joe Flacco playing weeks 15-18, you could at least get away with it slightly with Mike White playing since he's young enough to bring into another year as a possible answer. But he's not the long term answer either. until the Jets realize you need an absolute stud at the position, they're not winning anything even with that tremendous run game + defense. Niners are proof of that and the Jets roster pales in comparison.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I'll never understand why it's so common for football fans to cheer for a team that's from an area which they have little or no connection to. Is it the colors? The logo?

And then they'll get grumpy when the supporters of rival local franchises pick on them.

Baffling.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I'll never understand why it's so common for football fans to cheer for a team that's from an area which they have little or no connection to. Is it the colors? The logo?

And then they'll get grumpy when the supporters of rival local franchises pick on them.

Baffling.

My father was born in Italy, and came to the US as a boy in the early 70s, when the Dolphins were at their height. He started getting into football and thusly started following the Dolphins.

Not really sure why my fandom is "baffling". Never knew there was a law that stated you had to root for a team that is from near where you were born?

Lastly, the "getting grumpy when rival supporters pick on them" goes both ways....last I checked?

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
My father was born in Italy, and came to the US as a boy in the early 70s, when the Dolphins were at their height. He started getting into football and thusly started following the Dolphins.

Not really sure why my fandom is "baffling". Never knew there was a law that stated you had to root for a team that is from near where you were born?

Lastly, the "getting grumpy when rival supporters pick on them" goes both ways....last I checked?
Ahhh the daddy excuse.

I can't stand it when rags fans born and raised in NJ use it so I'm going to stay consistent across all sports.

A law? Get a grip. You'd think by now having lived your entire life here you'd have come to accept pushback and general ribbing. Especially since your pounding your chest during the one decent season that pathetic franchise has had in forever.

Keep in mind you're the one starting shit around here by dumping on the Jets and Giants any chance you get. I doubt other posters would even bring up that irrelevant franchise unless they were playing one of the local teams.

• Haha
Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Alright it wasn't that serious, lol. Let's not bring families into this, he made a joke about the Jets getting blown out and I made a Tua joke.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
"the daddy excuse"

what the f*** are you talking about dude? who the hell even are you?

There is no f***ing rule that states you have to root for a team you are born near. What a stupid ass reasoning. Imagine being triggered by that. Sheesh.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Ahhh the daddy excuse.

I can't stand it when rags fans born and raised in NJ use it so I'm going to stay consistent across all sports.

A law? Get a grip. You'd think by now having lived your entire life here you'd have come to accept pushback and general ribbing. Especially since your pounding your chest during the one decent season that pathetic franchise has had in forever.

Keep in mind you're the one starting shit around here by dumping on the Jets and Giants any chance you get. I doubt other posters would even bring up that irrelevant franchise unless they were playing one of the local teams.

I mean tbf, tons of people choose their teams from their fathers or someone who got them into the sport. It shouldn't matter who he roots for, it's clearly why I made the Tua joke. Not sure why it's bothering you more than most of the Jets fans in here, lol.

Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I mean tbf, tons of people choose their teams from their fathers or someone who got them into the sport. It shouldn't matter who he roots for, it's clearly why I made the Tua joke. Not sure why it's bothering you more than most of the Jets fans in here, lol.
It doesn't bother me as much as I think it's goofy and usually annoying. It's also pretty unique to football which I find to be curious.

He also takes every opportunity to dump on the Jets and Giants entirely unprovoked.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Ahhh the daddy excuse.

It doesn't bother me as much as I think it's goofy and usually annoying. It's also pretty unique to football which I find to be curious.

He also takes every opportunity to dump on the Jets and Giants entirely unprovoked.

oh how ironic.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
01562EF1-A976-4F6E-9F3F-B2A296665941.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad