2022 NFL/NCAA U.S. Football Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
tenor.png
:laugh:

Loving all these Seinfeld references around here lately.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I’ve left significant money on the table to spend time with my kids and wife. Hopefully they don’t view it as a bad thing. Benign neglect isn’t the same thing as co-parenting to me. Thanks for sharing your personal experience which is always instructive to add to our perspectives.
Perhaps I worded that poorly. By co-parenting I meant in separate homes.

I'm glad it worked out for you, but for me at the time and probably to this day it taught me that I'll never eat London broil, serve my people chopped up hot dogs masquerading as meatballs, or have anyone i know wear hand me downs from the neighbors.

And to anyone who has their tiny violins out yes, I realize I still grew up relatively fortunate compared to the rest of this planet.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Perhaps I worded that poorly. By co-parenting I meant in separate homes.

I'm glad it worked out for you, but for me at the time and probably to this day it taught me that I'll never eat London broil, serve my people chopped up hot dogs masquerading as meatballs, or have anyone i know wear hand me downs from the neighbors.

And to anyone who has their tiny violins out yes, I realize I still grew up relatively fortunate compared to the rest of this planet.
I get it. Insecurity is a terrible way to live. I hope you have been able to forgive your parents. They did what they thought was best for you and apparently acted altruistically even if they were misguided in some way.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I’ve left significant money on the table to spend time with my kids and wife. Hopefully they don’t view it as a bad thing. Benign neglect isn’t the same thing as co-parenting to me. Thanks for sharing your personal experience which is always instructive to add to our perspectives.

This is particularly salient to me because I literally just did this. I turned down a higher paying and higher status job that would require me to move to NJ, because it would disrupt my wife's career and my son's development.

I want my family to be comfortable, but not at the expense of neglecting them.

Anyway, we have gotten very far off topic. Isn't this the football thread? :laugh:

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
I'm telling you, Tom Brady is Goku. Training to be the strongest is his life's goal and it doesn't matter if that pisses off his wife or makes him neglectful to his kids. It's just that Gisele has less patience than Chichi.

My3Sons

Sponsor
I'm telling you, Tom Brady is Goku. Training to be the strongest is his life's goal and it doesn't matter if that pisses off his wife or makes him neglectful to his kids. It's just that Gisele has less patience than Chichi.
I get that but in my view being great at something doesn’t justify someone being an ass or treating others poorly. In any event I saw a report yesterday that Brady didn’t practice with an ankle injury. We will see if it keeps him out this week.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Big W by Big Blue.

Jones playing and playing well is huge. Barks getting back in the field is huge. Offensive playing calling has been very creative. D allows zero 2nd half points.

4-1 and looking like a solid team. I wonder about offensive upside given the WR situation but once the D-line gets healthy I think that could make us pretty dangerous.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Didn’t CBS have audio issues a couple weeks ago? Had the studio guys calling much of the 2nd half? Seems to be happening again.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I had other things to do this morning and couldn't watch the second half of the Giants game. Shocked to see that they came back and won.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Lafleur has got to be one of the most over rated coaches in the league who naturally caters to Rodgers. I find it hard to believe aj dillon couldn’t have gotten 1 hard as opposed to two shot gun passes

Reactions: RangerDoggo

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
At this point maybe the Giants are on a sustainable pace, if for no other reason than the fact that most NFL coaches are absolutely clueless and Daboll gets a lot out of his players. Sometimes that’s all you need.

Ravens have a habit of choking late too.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
At this point maybe the Giants are on a sustainable pace, if for no other reason than the fact that most NFL coaches are absolutely clueless and Daboll gets a lot out of his players. Sometimes that’s all you need.

Ravens have a habit of choking late too.

Nah, this isn't sustainable. Not with Jones playing on one leg and no real WRs or corners. Giants have gotten lucky or gritty at the right times, but eventually I expect them to come back down to earth. Saquon can't carry the team forever, eventually someone will find an answer to him and then there's no fallback plan.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Nah, this isn't sustainable. Not with Jones playing on one leg and no real WRs or corners. Giants have gotten lucky or gritty at the right times, but eventually I expect them to come back down to earth. Saquon can't carry the team forever, eventually someone will find an answer to him and then there's no fallback plan.
After a long stretch of futility. At least we can enjoy a team that has bought in and is making an effort. Never underestimate how much that matters in the NFL. If they can win five of the remaining games they will be over .500 on the season. That would be a nice outcome after thr last few seasons.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Jones’s leg looked fine on Sunday and his running ability gives them another weapon in addition to Barkley.

The receiver situation is pretty dreadful, but if the D-line can get healthy and get consistent pressure i think the Giants can have a solid season.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Giants should be in the mix all year only because the nfc is not loaded
And look at our schedule. After the Ravens, which itself is a winnable game, we play Jax, Sea, Houston, and Detroit. Could we be 7-3 after that stretch? Definitely possible.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

really annoying that he was pulled from the game because the spotter said he stumbled getting up (he did not) and then he passed ALL the concussion tests. I am all for enhanced player safety, buf if THIS is what their plan is, youre going to see some good QBs get pulled from really important/playoff games and people are going to lose their minds.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York

really annoying that he was pulled from the game because the spotter said he stumbled getting up (he did not) and then he passed ALL the concussion tests. I am all for enhanced player safety, buf if THIS is what their plan is, youre going to see some good QBs get pulled from really important/playoff games and people are going to lose their minds.

The thought entered my mind yesterday, what if this situation happens in the Super Bowl? That's a lot of unhappy sports betters and viewers expecting a good game and it's snatched away.

I'm all for player safety but I also don't want an overcorrection.

Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad