2022 NFL/NCAA U.S. Football Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

will there be outrage about letting Watt play?

there shouldn't be any outrage about any player WANTING to play. its 2022 if you
Yeah, I had never heard about the guy prior to last night but he's got quite the interesting bio as an "American neuroscientist and author. Co-founder and CEO of the Concussion Legacy Foundation, and co-founder of the Boston University CTE Center, he is also a former professional wrestler with World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)."

Here's what he tweeted prior to the game and after the play:

i'm no doctor but not for anything say he sat thursday but played the following sunday and this happened would it really have made a difference an extra 10 days? no it wouldn't have. its 2022 these guys are playing a super dangerous sport WILLINGLY. We aren't talking about some fringe player that just walked on and made the team Tua is a star player he could've said he wasn't playing if he didn't feel he was up to playing. the truth is these guys want to play the game a badge of "honor" this country puts on people to "tough it out" and gut it out. these guys want to win above all and its only after the fact when the bill is due that they question their decisions in the past.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
there shouldn't be any outrage about any player WANTING to play. its 2022 if you

i'm no doctor but not for anything say he sat thursday but played the following sunday and this happened would it really have made a difference an extra 10 days? no it wouldn't have. its 2022 these guys are playing a super dangerous sport WILLINGLY. We aren't talking about some fringe player that just walked on and made the team Tua is a star player he could've said he wasn't playing if he didn't feel he was up to playing. the truth is these guys want to play the game a badge of "honor" this country puts on people to "tough it out" and gut it out. these guys want to win above all and its only after the fact when the bill is due that they question their decisions in the past.
I think the old school approach is no longer a safe harbor. People are routinely winning personal injury cases where their behavior is inappropriate and self destructive. If it wasn't for the threat of some sort of litigation or grievances I doubt anyone would be grandstanding over this even if the doctor is correct. As a parent, I just believe the adults in the room need to step in sometimes. Sort of a grownup version of "if your friends jumped off the cliff would you do that too?"

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

Yes, absolutely.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Zach Wilson

r91ekBf.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: FascinationStreet

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Do you really believe all that drama? Just screams of sports media trying to write stories and get clicks.

Normally I wouldn’t but Brady’s absence at camp with his weird press conference when he returned and the media reporting suggests that something is going on. If he was 27 and still a prime guy looking to win I’d get it. But the reality is he’s just doing this for his own gratification and if he’s risking his marriage at all he’s making a big mistake. Even the most amicable of divorces is destructive. How much money does he need? Is one more playoff run worth it if you end up seeing your kids every other week?
Looks like My3Sons, me and most of the media were right...if it's all for show then Brady and Gisele sure are doing their best to play along

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I take no joy in being correct assuming the report is true. They have kids. I just hope Brady takes this opportunity to retire today if it can save his marriage.

If Brady has any actual feelings other than for himself, he WILL regret this at some point, be it now, next year, 10 years from now or whenever.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I know we all like to make a passing joke here or there but I really try my hardest to stay out of all types situations where I don’t know all the information or even a small portion of it. What we “know” is basically nothing and rumor mongers that are much like unverified sources for hockey related situations in which we can’t or are discouraged to post. I’ll leave it at that and stay out of the drama of a family that may or may not be crumbling. I wish them the best possible outcome.

Reactions: My3Sons and HBK27

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I may be dumb, but I'll never be "Love my job so much that I lose my supermodel wife" dumb.

Yes, if any of us were able to land a supermodel wife I'm sure we'd do everything to keep her. That being said, it's not like Gisele is out of Tom Brady's league. He's arguably the greatest football player of all-time, a handsome dude and filthy rich himself. I'm sure he'll do OK on the open market.

I know we all like to make a passing joke here or there but I really try my hardest to stay out of all types situations where I don’t know all the information or even a small portion of it. What we “know” is basically nothing and rumor mongers that are much like unverified sources for hockey related situations in which we can’t or are discouraged to post. I’ll leave it at that and stay out of the drama of a family that may or may not be crumbling. I wish them the best possible outcome.

This.

I've largely avoided reading anything on the situation as it's sad all around and I hate to see couples with young kids split. I find it hard to believe that a divorce would happen just because Brady wanted to keep playing football and there aren't deeper issues involved, but it's none of my business and I'm hoping for the best for everyone involved.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The only thing I really would like to add to this is there's a guy I watch on youtube who uses Tom and Gisele's relationship as like the pinnacle for healthy relationships and a couple that supports one another to the fullest.

He has stayed quiet on this topic since the split rumblings have started, but I'll be kind of laughing a little bit if they do split, with how often he would constantly cite their marriage and relationship as the ideal one.

One line he keeps using is ''She's his biggest fan'' or ''She's his biggest cheerleader, goes to all of his games. You can see how deeply excited she is for him when he wins''. Pretty ironic if she is indeed leaving him because he won't stop playing already.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Yes, if any of us were able to land a supermodel wife I'm sure we'd do everything to keep her. That being said, it's not like Gisele is out of Tom Brady's league. He's arguably the greatest football player of all-time, a handsome dude and filthy rich himself. I'm sure he'll do OK on the open market.

He will definitely do fine romantically, no matter what he chooses to do. But a big point in favor of marriage is stability, no longer having to deal with the "open market". I would definitely think several times before allowing my job to even potentially destabilize my relationship with my wife.

And as @My3Sons says, there are children involved. It's probably true to say that Brady can easily find another hot woman to take up with, but I hope he's considering what effect that would have on the kids.

My3Sons

Sponsor
He will definitely do fine romantically, no matter what he chooses to do. But a big point in favor of marriage is stability, no longer having to deal with the "open market". I would definitely think several times before allowing my job to even potentially destabilize my relationship with my wife.

And as @My3Sons says, there are children involved. It's probably true to say that Brady can easily find another hot woman to take up with, but I hope he's considering what effect that would have on the kids.
Tom and Gisele will come out of this relatively ok but the children will have scars no matter what. I hope that if there is any chance that exists for Tom and Gisele to work through whatever their issues are and stay married and content they take advantage of it.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn

To you as well as @My3Sons

I doubt either one of them were ever truly raising those kids anyway.

I would also argue that growing up in a home viewing a toxic relationship constantly can be significantly more traumatic and detrimental as opposed to a solid co-parenting one.

Hopefully they can pull off the latter for the sake of the kids.

As an aside, people choose their careers over quality time with their kids all of the time. Toss $30mm+ annually and fame and glory along with a poor relationship with your wife into the mix and I find it hard to believe many wouldn't follow his path.

Here's a little bit of personal information about me and what helped to shape the view I have on such matters. I resented the fact that my father didn't work longer hours for years. He left a lot of money on the table just to do things I didn't care about such as but not limited to coaching little league. This hurt my family financially more than the virtuous nature of his endeavors helped.

I don't begrudge anyone for doing what they believe is the right thing so long as it kind of is. And I dropped that resentment as an adult. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Perhaps I'm a hyper capitalist or just a workaholic. But I have one life to live and would like to have as much expendable income as possible. For myself and others.

As far as the dating thing? He has his pick of the litter and might not even care. There also could already be a side piece. That still doesn't change the math imo unless he's dumb enough to get married almost immediately afterwards to a woman well below his social status and with significantly less earning potential. Then he's just a dumbass who blew up his family for a goldigger.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
To you as well as @My3Sons

I doubt either one of them were ever truly raising those kids anyway.

I would also argue that growing up in a home viewing a toxic relationship constantly can be significantly more traumatic and detrimental as opposed to a solid co-parenting one.

Hopefully they can pull off the latter for the sake of the kids.

As an aside, people choose their careers over quality time with their kids all of the time. Toss $30mm+ annually and fame and glory along with a poor relationship with your wife into the mix and I find it hard to believe many wouldn't follow his path.

Here's a little bit of personal information about me and what helped to shape the view I have on such matters. I resented the fact that my father didn't work longer hours for years. He left a lot of money on the table just to do things I didn't care about such as but not limited to coaching little league. This hurt my family financially more than the virtuous nature of his endeavors helped.

I don't begrudge anyone for doing what they believe is the right thing so long as it kind of is. And I dropped that resentment as an adult. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Perhaps I'm a hyper capitalist or just a workaholic. But I have one life to live and would like to have as much expendable income as possible. For myself and others.

As far as the dating thing? He has his pick of the litter and might not even care. There also could already be a side piece. That still doesn't change the math imo unless he's dumb enough to get married almost immediately afterwards to a woman well below his social status and with significantly less earning potential. Then he's just a dumbass who blew up his family for a goldigger.
I’ve left significant money on the table to spend time with my kids and wife. Hopefully they don’t view it as a bad thing. Benign neglect isn’t the same thing as co-parenting to me. Thanks for sharing your personal experience which is always instructive to add to our perspectives.

Reactions: Saugus and HBK27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad