WC: 2022 IIHF World Championship Finland (Russia and Belarus tossed out) No Politics

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
It's the right call to remove Russia and Belarus from IIHF. I'm glad to see it but not glad for the Russian ice hockey fans and athletes who don't support Putin's ideology. It just needs to be done at this point and hopefully the same will happen for all other sports as well. I'd usually agree with not mixing sports & politics but this one is over the top where a leader of a nation is playing with the idea of starting WW3 and putting Europe in a war.

Can you imagine if Fasel was in charge. We would've had to wait until 1 week before the launch of 2022 WHC event before he would've denied Russia from participating. At that point many teams would've already boycotted the tournament lol. The French guy of IIHF is getting some bonus points for sure now.

Last edited:

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Strong rumours that RUS and BLR are OUT , RUS would also loose the JWC and all international events.
Austria and France to replace Russia and Belarus respectively if frue.

Sisäpiirilähteet: Venäjä ja Valko-Venäjä ulos IIHF:stä

Yup and Russia is no longer part of EHT (Euro Hockey Tour) either. I wonder if we get a replacement team for EHT. If I had to guess there's no replacement team but teams can schedule some extra hockey games vs some other teams if they want.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Yup and Russia is no longer part of EHT (Euro Hockey Tour) either. I wonder if we get a replacement team for EHT. If I had to guess there's no replacement team but teams can schedule some extra hockey games vs some other teams if they want.

I'm sure Slovakia would be happy to join. We did just fine with our Euro players in the Olympics, so I guess we'd be competitive.

member 305909

It was clear in advance that if Russia attacks they will be internationally completely isolated. Yet they did just that.

Is there something we don't know about or is it just as it looks that Putin has lost his marbles? Will those close to him willingly follow him to doom?

Reactions: Mestaruus

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Putin. It's just one crazy man. That's why it will be all futile in the end.
Looks like he will have to go before we will be seeing Russian teams competing anytime in the future.

On the personal selfish side international hockey tournaments aren't the same to me if Russia isn't involved, they are our biggest rival and I live to hate them and beat them with a delicious passion. It's been 5 decades worth of edge of the seat all types of emotion for this guy winning or losing.

With the hate comes respect, take it as a compliment. It just isn't the same without them.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Looks like he will have to go before we will be seeing Russian teams competing anytime in the future.

On the personal selfish side international hockey tournaments aren't the same to me if Russia isn't involved, they are our biggest rival and I live to hate them and beat them with a delicious passion. It's been 5 decades worth of edge of the seat all types of emotion for this guy winning or losing.

With the hate comes respect, take it as a compliment. It just isn't the same without them.
He's crazy. He won't go anywhere, like Kim Jong-un.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It was clear in advance that if Russia attacks they will be internationally completely isolated. Yet they did just that.

Is there something we don't know about or is it just as it looks that Putin has lost his marbles? Will those close to him willingly follow him to doom?

It's becoming clear that not only did he underestimate Ukraine, who are not just game, but also the unity of Europe and the rest of the world.

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016

Why was the Soviet Union allowed to compete but not Russia? Makes no sense.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Putin. It's just one crazy man. That's why it will be all futile in the end.
If he's one crazy man, then is there a possibility that his countrymen, including the rich and powerful, decide that he needs to go by force? How loyal are his generals, if they and their families have enough of the suffering? Or are they all very rich because of Putin? Will an uprising by the general population be enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad