World Cup: 2022 FIFA World Cup

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
On Bein sports France, they showed France’s hotel

Luxury hotel that is just for the French NT , close to their training center and the 3 stadiums where they will be playing
Damn

nickp91

Jun 29, 2011
Morgan Freeman delivered a speech at the World Cup opening ceremony in Qatar Fun Fact: Morgan Freeman was among those who presented USA’s bid at the 2010 event where Qatar was awarded the hosting rights for 2022

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
In terms of watching on a broadcast, I enjoyed it. Good clear camera work/streams and decent fan noise. The South-African Vuvuzela/hazy yellowish tint WC was the worse for me and this beats that. The stadiums also seem much better than the Russian ones.

I will say though that it's embarassing that a bunch of games will be behind a pay service in Canada unlike in the UK/US/Oz where you can stream them online for free. Also I bought a subscription to the TSN service, the game ended over three hours ago, and the on-demand stream still isn't up. On TubiTV in the US, it was up nearly instantly.

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
For a tournament that shouldn't be happening im happy it looks like a failure. Hearing Kristian Jack explain the atmosphere was hilarious.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Also my own reason I’m not at the WC is because of cost. Decided to go to San Francisco instead. Charging people 2k for a plane ticket when this is a tournament that is supposed to show how good your country is, is completely insane. The airline is also state owned so it’s not like they had no say in it. I am sour over that tbh but I’ll go in four years.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
No worries. Next World Cup will fe hosted by G.I Joe.

He’s a good guy.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
They should have put Qatar in the same group as a truly elite superpower. So we could see a 7-0 game.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I am totally down to pay for D2M's plane ticket to the middle east so he can join the religious police as their apologist, he's been doing brilliantly in that role for the past three weeks. Yikes.

Also, when I turned my telly on today to watch the match why was the first person that glared on my screen Alexi Lalas and all his smugness? One of the worst people I've ever had to listen to in all of sports. Fox getting the WC will be a disaster, especially after how well ESPN treated the last Euros.

Netherlands is it.
In what world is this current Dutch squad a superpower? They remind me of Greece, an excellent defensive team but you're reaching if you think they got talent. All their best forwards will be ready for the 2026 WC, but not this one.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
For all the critique of Qatar, I don't think I have ever seen better looking stadiums all across the board.
And the pitches look top notch.

Also the broadcast I watched was super crisp, great angles and super good quality video.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
So dissapointing.

All countries who were wearing the "One Love" armband, have decided not to, after threats from FIFA.
FIFA say they will give the person wearing the armband a yellow card.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
For all the critique of Qatar, I don't think I have ever seen better looking stadiums all across the board.
And the pitches look top notch.

Also the broadcast I watched was super crisp, great angles and super good quality video.
Will make for some really nice looking white elephants.

Sickening. Now it's officially out there that FIFA punishes teams for such a thing at least.
It won't matter what people think as long as we don't see some decisive actions like federations splitting and going rogue. I doubt it will happen considering those federations are also after the money so the status quo will be maintained.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad