World Cup: 2022 FIFA World Cup

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
I have been wondering if I should bring my Pride Forge FC scarf or not. Been leaning towards no after the head of security mentioned they may be taking pride banners away from people. I don't really want to make a scene or put myself in a tough position, but I also feel that as someone going to the games I should show support for the marginalized groups this WC affects.

I'm bringing my rainbow US scarf... But I've been going back and forth myself. I ultimately think it'll be fine...

I figure inside the stadium in the supporters section I'm unlikely to have an issue.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm bringing my rainbow US scarf... But I've been going back and forth myself. I ultimately think it'll be fine...

I figure inside the stadium in the supporters section I'm unlikely to have an issue.
Yeah in the supporters section you should be fine.

I'll be at USA v England. Thinking I will cheer for your guys in the name of CONCACAF .

• Love
Reactions: Rob and GabeTravels

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I will be watching on our national broadcaster. There are no ads on the online version, works for me :dunno:

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
I’m leaning on Portugal being the “big name” crashing out at the group stage, their group is competitive enough for it to happen and Portugal are a team that even in their best days tend to struggle to get out. England and France’s group are way too weak for them to miss out. Japan can cause one of Germany/Spain problems

Reactions: GabeTravels

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
It pains me to say, but the opening ceremony is good, and could have been very emotional if not for what we know about FIFA and Qatar.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Crownprince of KSA Mohammad Bin Salman sitting beside Infantino.

Think South America gets the 2030 WC, but don’t be suprised to see KSA in 2034, wouldn’t even shock me in 2030.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Crownprince of KSA Mohammad Bin Salman sitting beside Infantino.

Think South America gets the 2030 WC, but don’t be suprised to see KSA in 2034, wouldn’t even shock me in 2030.
I mean if MBS lasts that long…

But doubt Asia gets ones that quickly even for fifa

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Is there reason to think he won't? I feel like the only way that happens is if the Saudis really f*** up when the world makes significant strides away from fossil fuels.
Any time someone makes a prediction about global events or anything really you risk sounding like an idiot when you probably get it very wrong buuuut. His throne after his old man kicks the bucket will be highly contested. Many people in the royal family would be after it. He’s very young, prone to rash decisions and already felt this heat hence why he locked up many of his family members years ago. However, once he gains the crown for many Saudis it would be the end of history essentially. Would they take that laying down? I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t.

Reactions: cgf

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Side note all ceremonies usually suck. But they could’ve brought Dj khalid and French Montana some Arab singers who are famous. Not some randoms

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad