Prospect Info: [2022 - 62nd] Lane Hutson (NCAA - Boston University)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
People really need to stop mentioning Makar when talking about this guy. He basically “plays like Makar” at 1/2 the speed and explosiveness, which in reality, is nothing like Makar because those are his defining attributes. If Makar didn’t have that speed and explosiveness, his game wouldn’t work at the NHL level.

I wanted the Habs to pick him more than anyone, but let’s be realistic. My hope for him is basically Torey Krug. If he becomes similar to that, we are golden.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
People really need to stop mentioning Makar when talking about this guy. He basically “plays like Makar” at 1/2 the speed and explosiveness, which in reality, is nothing like Makar because those are his defining attributes. If Makar didn’t have that speed and explosiveness, his game wouldn’t work at the NHL level.

I wanted the Habs to pick him more than anyone, but let’s be realistic. My hope for him is basically Torey Krug. If he becomes similar to that, we are golden.

Bobby Orr and Paul Coffey play like Makar. No active NHL player does.

Reactions: Garbageyuk

Clearedwaivers

Feb 27, 2017
Ya lucky Pierre knows everything.He's been pining to get back to the NHL for 20 years .Gets a gig with the Sens and they fire him before 1 year is done.Also TSN has to get the draft back .Sportsnet are awful.
It’s been a number of years now the SN has covered the draft, but I still can’t get acclimated to Cosentino and others, instead of Bob McKenzie etc.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
It’s been a number of years now the SN has covered the draft, but I still can’t get acclimated to Cosentino and others, instead of Bob McKenzie etc.
It’s because the TSN productions were superior in every way. Sportsnet manages to make you feel like you’re watching some obscure local coverage of high school sports.

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020

Makar's game would work on IQ alone.

Clearedwaivers

Feb 27, 2017
It’s because the TSN productions were superior in every way. Sportsnet manages to make you feel like you’re watching some obscure local coverage of high school sports.
Yes. That’s exactly what it’s like!! Thank you. I couldn’t put my finger on it, but that sums it up perfectly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Garbageyuk

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
He's special because he's great at every aspect of the game of hockey
Every one at the NHL level is great at every aspect. Makar’s skating and related attributes are what he’s head and shoulders above everyone else at (except McDavid). There are guys with comparable IQ, passing, guys with better defense, better shots. This isn’t debatable lol. Unless you’re saying Makar is the best at every single aspect, which is quite obviously false.

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
The best thing about this kid is to forget him for 2-3 years, Let him develop in University but my little Christal ball tells me that if he can grow another 2 inches and develop is strength and explosiveness that he will be the steel of this draft.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
The best thing about this kid is to forget him for 2-3 years, Let him develop in University but my little Christal ball tells me that if he can grow another 2 inches and develop is strength and explosiveness that he will be the steel of this draft.
Hutson is going to make a lot of GMs bang their head off their desk in the future.

I’m super super high on this kid. His hockey IQ is great, he has great skating and he moves the puck exceptionally well. Like you said, you let this kid marinate in the NCAA for 2-3 years and look out. He likely grows to be 5’11” when it’s all said and done based on his genetics.

I wanted him or Firkus at 26, so yeah I like him. Lol

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
gettyimages-1407552658-2048x2048.jpg

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Frankie the Bouillon Cube!!
Was about to comment Bouillon was 5'8" too and was nowhere as dynamic and such a great passer but he had a good career. If he can grow another inch or 2, gain a good 20 pounds and keep that fire inside, daaamn.... playing with an Edmunson type, he could be reeally good. Nice swing there hugo, might connect and fwiiiiiii, hit the scoreboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad