Prospect Info: [2022 - 62nd] Lane Hutson (NCAA - Boston University)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Hope his bone doctor was right and he has some weird late growth spurt to become 6’2
He’s 5’9” - people are acting like he’s 5’4”. If he grows even 1 more inch, he’s fine. He might be fine at his current height. The weight is what he needs to do something about. Immediately. 148 lb is not going to cut it lol.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...luv this guy's skill level but DAMN he's tiny...like my 7 year old grandson's almost 5 feet tall and looks almost as heavy...I have sneakers this guy could live in...hope he adds some muscle and even a few inches in the next couple years...

Reactions: Guess

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Big Chad and mini Chad secured.

icegif-516.gif

Is Juraj around? Would be cool to have a picture of him and Lane.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Quinn Hughes 2.0?
I watched both here with the NTDP, and I would say that Hutson is definitely a "poor man's Quinn Hughes". He definitely reminded me of the oldest Hughes brother, but just not as dynamic. Definitely worth a shot at where they drafted him.

And I have to say, I'm loving seeing all these NTDP players in my favorite hockey organization -- Caufield, Tuch, Smilanic, Hutson. We've been season ticket holders since the NTDP relocated to Plymouth from Ann Arbor. The Habs rarely had a alumnus from our previous major junior team -- the Plymouth Whalers of the OHL. Just James Wisnewski for a short period of time.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Really exciting pick! Long shot given his size but man is he electric. Really happy.
i'm hoping he can continue his trajectory into becoming a quinn hughes type of player.. high risk pick, but worth the gamble.

It might not seem like a great comparable but he really reminds me of Mete... If Mete had any offensive bone in his body.

Mete made the NHL on pure skating, positioning, and puck movement in his own zone. Hutson to me is all that and then able to QB a PP with lots of offensive upside.
hows his shot? I've heard all the accolades, but never watched tape on the kid.

Reactions: Hope Of Glory
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad