GDT: 2022-23 season game 71 LA Kings vs Calgary Flames @7:30pm 3/20/23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
They're on pace for the best record in franchise history. It's the best regular season any of us has ever seen.
I don't know about that. The 90-91 team finished with the 3rd best record in the league and won the division.

102 points in 80 games with no SO or 3 on 3.

This Kings team has the 7th best record in the league.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
The growth in Byfield’s game is significant. You can see he is getting comfortable with the play making part of things and he’s starting to really use his body well. Once he feels that way about his shot he will elevate his game significantly and it’s becoming a situation where he could become an elite talent almost over night. He now at 41 pts pace over an 82 game schedule however over the last 27 games his assist rate alone is 43 over 82 games, the growth in that time has been staggering and there have been some special plays made on the way (not just the ones he got points on).

IF he can get similar goal scoring growth by the end of next season along with continued play making growth he’d be an elite (definitely a top line) guy.

Still lots of IF’s but he is following his usual development curve, maybe not as fast as we’d like for various reasons but he’s getting there.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Half of the time, I can never understand what Sutter is saying.
Thats why I never believed when people said the Kings tuned him out. After the loud grunting wears off and players actually tried to decipher the grunting to no avail.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
I think you're missing the point. You need a guy that can intimidate and play like prime Lucic, Marcus Foligno, Zach Kassian, etc.
I am? Why? Did all of the Cup winners from the last couple of years have guys like this? I think this need is being overstated. If Calgary is the tougher team, how did we beat them last night?

Reactions: Byfield

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Win is nice. Vilardi’s injury makes me sad.

Weegars play that caused it makes me mad. No need to do that. The only thing missing was shoving him full force into the boards.

When he skated off , you could read his lips pretty good. He said, " f--- ...again, my back!"

Reactions: kinghock

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
Weegars play that caused it makes me mad. No need to do that. The only thing missing was shoving him full force into the boards.

When he skated off , you could read his lips pretty good. He said, " f--- ...again, my back!"
I watched the replay a bunch of times and couldn’t make out what he said. I sure hope your interpretation is wrong. Him skating off on his own was a good sign. I’ll guess we’ll find out more this week.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I watched the replay a bunch of times and couldn’t make out what he said. I sure hope your interpretation is wrong. Him skating off on his own was a good sign. I’ll guess we’ll find out more this week.

Stolly said he saw him down in the tunnel moving his body around, flexing everything and it looked normal, so maybe it was just a stinger and just kept him out just to be safe. They have 4 days off so hopefully whatever it is it ok by Saturday.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
It's a good thing MacEwen was in the lineup to prevent a guy like Zadorov from taking cheap shots at our players.

He did a great job on that PP too. Kaliyev would've been way worse in that spot.
That was the best 4th line performance of the entire season.

No, that line is not better with Kaliyev. Dude struggles to consistently make the simple plays necessary for clean breakouts. He gets motivated after a scratching to play a good half game of 4th line style hockey, which he shouldn't be playing in the first place.

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
That was the best 4th line performance of the entire season.

No, that line is not better with Kaliyev. Dude struggles to consistently make the simple plays necessary for clean breakouts. He gets motivated after a scratching to play a good half game of 4th line style hockey, which he shouldn't be playing in the first place.
Kaliyev just needs to learn how to play a full game and a bit more complete. Dude is a one-trick pony right now but he is young.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013

Did he really say that? Man I really hope for his sake this doesn't set him back if that's what it is. I feel like his other back issues stemmed from body development.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Arty has way better chemistry with Lizotte than Kupari. Sometimes the mix just doesn't work for whatever reason. But Arty didn't have any issues with decisions in his own zone and breakouts when paired with Lizotte.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
That first half of the season was smoke & mirrors. It was at best an average team. But since the new year, especially since the deal, it's a different team. The subtraction of Quick & adding a real goalie, adding a real LHD and emergence of QB -- all of it has come together all at once and made this a real team. It's not fake any more.
I do also think that durzi was an issue -- for this team during the 1st half that is (with the weak goaltending and no Gav). Durzi, when he comes back, is less of an issue. But I think we're a better overall team without him.

At least now we have a decent PP. That makes other teams a bit more concerned with slapping us around. Come playoff time, that will be big. Last year, not only did we not stand up against them but there was no consequences resulting from our pathetic PP. If teams want to bully us this year, at least now they have to contend with going down a goal. Still, there is an overall weakness to the team. Look at the game hits by team. That's something that needs to change eventually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad