GDT: 2022-23 season game 71 LA Kings vs Calgary Flames @7:30pm 3/20/23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Apparently you missed the question, which player on the Kings will keep the opposition more honest? Who is the opposition worried about when they think about running a player?
The other night it was Fiala
tonight Vilardi.
seems like conference opponents are just going down the list.

Reactions: Cianide

Cianide

Under New Management
Jun 11, 2022
Agree. Trade Durzi and work in Clarke next year.

I’m so glad you don’t run this team. You would be the guy who adds a bunch of goons and tries to convince everyone it’s for the best because no one will take runs at us.

It is more about team toughness. This team is not small and there are a lot of guys who stick up for each other when it matters. The last bunch of games have gotten chippy at a certain point and I don’t remember them backing down.
And what guy is that exactly
That guy

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Watching the postgame they show GV skating off w the trainer and lip reading GV - looks like he said 'ya, its my back' I hope im wrong... go to nhl66.ir and check
hm. does kinda look like it but he moved awful well for potentially aggravating a back injury

could've just been responding to a question about what he hit with "with my back"? too hard to say

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
hm. does kinda look like it but he moved awful well for potentially aggravating a back injury

could've just been responding to a question about what he hit with "with my back"? too hard to say
True. Most likely its nothing major... he didnt go in that bad, we've all seen much worse.

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Lol the only person on that list that has shown any willingness to fight is Danault. I know you’re being obtuse however I’m not arguing for goons. I’m arguing for a player that has a backbone. Someone who’s willing to get down if needed be. Not some goon who throws down at puck drop to collect a check.
I’m gonna show this post to the team and let them know that you don’t think any of them has a backbone. Then I’m going to make the entire board popcorn and we will watch you give them all fighting lessons.

Cianide

Under New Management
Jun 11, 2022
You didn’t answer my question. Colorado won the cup last year. How many fights were there in the finals? Do you consider them tougher than us right now?

List of players who I know will stick up for their teammates: Grundstrom, Gavrikov, Danault, MacEwen, Anderson. Just to name a few…
I think you're missing the point. You need a guy that can intimidate and play like prime Lucic, Marcus Foligno, Zach Kassian, etc.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
If we are worried about team toughness, Mikey Anderson pestered Draisitl all series and wrestled him a few times and gave him a high ankle sprain or something (forget if he hurt or he re-aggravated it) but I don’t remember an Oiler putting Mikey in his place.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
No one is scared of Mike Anderson, I met him recently, he’s pretty small.

I keep saying this over and over - toughness will be something Blake regrets not addressing. The Kings have zero toughness in the top 9 forwards. Literally - zero. Danault and Kempe will fight if they have to but very rare.

Kings need a JT Miller type who can play and fight if he has to.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
And you also have to remember last seasons playoffs had 11 players (I’m counting Lemieux since he only played 1 game before) who had never played a playoff game before. All of them 23 and under, that’ll effect the team and nerves a heck of alot when your facing the 2 best forwards in the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad