2022/23 Roster Thread XVI: Suite 16, Room for Improvement

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
The team flat-out told us they tried to fixate the culture around Hayes. These idiots built around him. Then they publicized it as a great revolution.
They didn't acquire those player because of Hayes. You probably think they consulted Haye son them as well is my guess.

Sedlek played with Cam. Cam is friends with Hayes. So does Sedlek fall under the friends of Hayes tree?

These idiots are not building anything.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Why, are you planning a parade because his 2 ES points against the league's worst defense took him above Zack MacEwen for the season? :laugh: They're still hurting his development by playing him out of position. Everyone but Torts and clingfilm can see that.
Love your Cates hate as it is entertaining. Still more points than Frost and better ppg.

Is it possible the coach wants to ride the year out to see what he has in him as a center then re-evaluate? From a point perspective yes it is somewhat disappointing. His development is fine.

Though I ask you before the season started what was your expectation of Cates points wise? He is "pacing" for 34/35 points. Did you expect more than that? Does him learning on the fly to play a new position at the NHL come into play at all?

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The Flyers having interest in a player and using Hayes to help sell the Flyers' pitch is not at all the same as the Flyers acquiring a player *because* of Kevin Hayes. The only time the latter happened was with Yandle (which was a disaster).

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I didn't expect him to be one of the worst ES point producers on the entire team over the first 37 games. Of course playing a different position comes into it - that's what I've been saying all season. :rolleyes:

I don't hate Cates at all. I just enjoy pointing out the laughable double standards certain transparent posters had for him and Frost this season. I know you're one of the dimmer bulbs on here, but it's really not that hard to figure out.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
They didn't acquire those player because of Hayes. You probably think they consulted Haye son them as well is my guess.

Sedlek played with Cam. Cam is friends with Hayes. So does Sedlek fall under the friends of Hayes tree?

These idiots are not building anything.

Why do you think the team made it clear they were rebuilding the culture and were doing so based upon Hayes?

This is up there with the "Who says Hart is concussed" take

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Why do you think the team made it clear they were rebuilding the culture and were doing so based upon Hayes?

This is up there with the "Who says Hart is concussed" take
What your saying above is is a lot different then saying they went out and acquired those 2 guys because of Hayes. Because they were his "friends". You want to think that is why they were acquired have at it.

Hopefully Hart isn't another mush head.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
I didn't expect him to be one of the worst ES point producers on the entire team over the first 37 games. Of course playing a different position comes into it - that's what I've been saying all season. :rolleyes:

I don't hate Cates at all. I just enjoy pointing out the laughable double standards certain transparent posters had for him and Frost this season. I know you're one of the dimmer bulbs on here, but it's really not that hard to figure out.
If only I was as wise as you. Yet you still didn't provide an raw numbers as to what you expected from Cates. Why not?

The Flyers having interest in a player and using Hayes to help sell the Flyers' pitch is not at all the same as the Flyers acquiring a player *because* of Kevin Hayes. The only time the latter happened was with Yandle (which was a disaster).
Yes it is because certain posters say so.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
What your saying above is is a lot different then saying they went out and acquired those 2 guys because of Hayes. Because they were his "friends". You want to think that is why they were acquired have at it.

Hopefully Hart isn't another mush head.

No, it isn't different. They go hand in hand. They wanted a Hayes Friendship Buddyfun circle to reset the culture. They talked about the culture reset endlessly, they made it their focus, and they focused it on Hayes. Pretty openly. Fletcher is the worst.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
No, it isn't different. They go hand in hand. They wanted a Hayes Friendship Buddyfun circle to reset the culture. They talked about the culture reset endlessly, they made it their focus, and they focused it on Hayes. Pretty openly. Fletcher is the worst.
Yep that waiver wire pickup and only guy they could get for Jake was all planned. We need Kevin's "friends". Shocked they didn't offer his brother a PTO or minor league deal. Though it is possible he wasn't friends with his brother.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
michael-scott-steve-carell.gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yep that waiver wire pickup and only guy they could get for Jake was all planned. We need Kevin's "friends". Shocked they didn't offer his brother a PTO or minor league deal. Though it is possible he wasn't friends with his brother.

They saw an opportunity to further their goals with Brown and took it.

The Voracek-for-Hayesfriend thing was openly sold as part of the Hayescentric reset. It's probably a major driver behind their idiotic refusal to bring back Giroux too.

A hallmark of Clarke and his values that drive this franchise is a need to blame everything on players. That's what the culture reset was all about. I love that it has blown up in their face on every front.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
The team flat-out told us they tried to fixate the culture around Hayes. These idiots built around him. Then they publicized it as a great revolution.
They are the worst run organization in sports, and it’s led by the Ivy League incompetence that is Cuck Fletchbag.

If the Flyers were a soft drink, they’d be new Coke
If they were a car, they’d be the Ford Edsel
If they were an entertainer, they’d be Carrottop
And, if Cuck was a team owner, he’d be Daniel Snyder.

This team could f*** up a wet dream, 7 days a week and twice on Sundays.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
They saw an opportunity to further their goals with Brown and took it.

The Voracek-for-Hayesfriend thing was openly sold as part of the Hayescentric reset.
It's probably a major driver behind their idiotic refusal to bring back Giroux too.

A hallmark of Clarke and his values that drive this franchise is a need to blame everything on players. That's what the culture reset was all about. I love that it has blown up in their face on every front.
Based on what? Any links as would love to read up on it. Regardless you will believe what you want to believe no matter what.

Well Clarke is the opposite of you as do you ever blame the players? Never or rarely their fault.

Who you think Chuck trades first?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Based on what? Any links as would love to read up on it. Regardless you will believe what you want to believe no matter what.

Well Clarke is the opposite of you as do you ever blame the players? Never or rarely their fault.

Who you think Chuck trades first?

Based on their entire messaging that offseason and around the trade. Were you not paying attention?

If you think I don't blame players, you definitely aren't paying attention. I blame them for the things that are their fault. I also understand that the players don't assemble the lineup themselves, nor coach themselves.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Does anyone have any proof that Atkinson was the only person they could get for Voracek?

Any proof at all?

Anything other than pretending that Fletcher did the best he could and never makes mistakes?

Anyone?

Anything?

I’ll wait.

:popcorn:
Has anyone said he doesn't make mistakes or is that the board false narrative that gets pushed?

Based on their entire messaging that offseason and around the trade. Were you not paying attention?

If you think I don't blame players, you definitely aren't paying attention. I also understand that the players don't assemble the lineup themselves, nor coach themselves.
The didn't acquire those 2 because of Hayes. No matter how you try to spin it. Then why not trade a 7th for Brown rather than risk another team claiming him? Surely that is something a dunce like Chuck would do to appease Kevin no?

Plenty blame all around. Shitty players, shitty management, shitty pretty much everything.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Just looked on Twitter and through articles and somehow couldn’t find a single quote stating that Atkinson was the only option Chuck had when trading Voracek.

I must be missing where it was stated because people wouldn’t just pull lies out of their asses like that, right?

Maybe it was said on a podcast? Or a press conference? I’ll check and report back. If anyone finds it before I do, let me know.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Has anyone said he doesn't make mistakes or is that the board false narrative that gets pushed?

The didn't acquire those 2 because of Hayes. No matter how you try to spin it. Then why not trade a 7th for Brown rather than risk another team claiming him? Surely that is something a dunce like Chuck would do to appease Kevin no?

Plenty blame all around. Shitty players, shitty management, shitty pretty much everything.

The Flyers disagree with you.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Just looked on Twitter and through articles and somehow couldn’t find a single quote stating that Atkinson was the only option Chuck had when trading Voracek.

I must be missing where it was stated because people wouldn’t just pull lies out of their asses like that, right?

Maybe it was said on a podcast? Or a press conference? I’ll check and report back. If anyone finds it before I do, let me know.
#crickets

If Scott doesn’t force Fletcher, I bet AV is still here.

Chuck exclusively blames COVID, injuries, the old leadership group, and the youth. Hes defended the incompetent staff at every single opportunity and thrown players under the bus unprompted.
Niskinan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad