2022/23 Roster Thread XIV: Season's Beatings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Still means he's not the biggest problem.

Provorov was much worse than Risto, there's something wrong with that boy, I think the core problem is bad habits of years of being told to play it safe and throw the puck off the boards - teams play the Flyers and know their tendencies - Shaw is trying to break them of that, but there's a general tendency to panic and make blind passes instead of hitting players to exit the D-zone.

If your ascribing blame for losing, actual goals are more important than projected goals.
If your trying to judge how a player is playing, independent of luck and teammates, then you turn to advanced metrics.
You can't just say, "oh this person was on this ice for this many goals while this person wasnt" you didn't mention anything about ice time, kind of important, or if the was 5v5 or 5v4...kind of also important. Just tossing a number out there is stupid, and you know this, but you choose to ignore it. Just like you chose to ignore the question regarding Brown and how you preached he wouldn't block the youth....looks like you were wrong again... shocking I tell ya, shocking

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
What's sad is they're finally giving Fletcher more heat but at the same time Torts is being talked about like some forward thinking hero, instead of the worthless dinosaur he really is.

It's ridiculous, but luckily I think Jorts will take care of it himself and completely flame out, the odious prick. Hopefully after getting rid of Hayes..

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg

The organization that is king at trying to play the optics game, is gearing up to do it again to protect the country club. Most leaks with the Flyers are very much intentional.

If Fletcher is indeed removed, expect those remaining to ensure he takes the brunt of all negative attention.

Not to say Fletcher isn’t guilty, but we’ve seen this game before. It’s about ensuring accountability doesn’t befall those all to eager to collect paycheques until death.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The organization that is king at trying to play the optics game, is gearing up to do it again to protect the country club. Most leaks with the Flyers are very much intentional.

If Fletcher is indeed removed, expect those remaining to ensure he takes the brunt of all negative attention.

Not to say Fletcher isn’t guilty, but we’ve seen this game before. It’s about ensuring accountability doesn’t befall those all to eager to collect paycheques until death.

I know.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
We all know Lappy is the next HC of this team right? This has been carved in stone
Half seriously I'm kind of wondering if he isn't actually on a path to join front office once his coaching stint is over. Like in a perverse way he is basically groomed now to take over Briere once he gets promoted upwards.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
That comes AFTER he fails as a HC. The greatest failing upwards story the world has ever seen.
Coming soon to a bookstore near you:

You Miss 100% of the Shots You Don't Block with Your Face:
The Ian Lapperrière Guide to Career Success

27lappy2-jumbo.jpg

By Lappy (written with Bill Meltzer)
Foreword by John Tortorella

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Coming soon to a bookstore near you:

You Miss 100% of the Shots You Don't Block with Your Face:
The Ian Lapperrière Guide to Career Success

27lappy2-jumbo.jpg

By Lappy (written with Bill Meltzer)
Foreword by John Tortorella
The worst part is they are managing to vilify people who I genuinely enjoyed watching play. My worst case scenario is not only does briere become part of the management problem but they also rope Kimmo into it.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
You can't just say, "oh this person was on this ice for this many goals while this person wasnt" you didn't mention anything about ice time, kind of important, or if the was 5v5 or 5v4...kind of also important. Just tossing a number out there is stupid, and you know this, but you choose to ignore it. Just like you chose to ignore the question regarding Brown and how you preached he wouldn't block the youth....looks like you were wrong again... shocking I tell ya, shocking
What youth is brown blocking? They moved Cates to center because there's so little at the position. Destroyer? He's not exactly demanding a call up yet

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
At this point i'll give Tortorella some credit for at least giving an honest opinion of where this club is. I don't think he's the answer for a coach but if it gets the top brass fired/etc. all is well. The end of that 6 minute press conference with Torts he wanted to refrain from throwing Chuck and co. under the bus.

Reactions: renberg

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
The worst part is they are managing to vilify people who I genuinely enjoyed watching play. My worst case scenario is not only does briere become part of the management problem but they also rope Kimmo into it.

Hextall already ruined his legacy for me. God forbid Briere does the same.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
true story! when me n my dad first watched home alone 1 on VHS at the house my mom had to stop the tape cuz she was sure dad was gunna have a heart attack from laffing so hard for so long...

the home invasion portion is pure gold. .

It's a powerful movie. That film would never punt.

The bare feet popping all the ornaments is so ridiculously brutal.

I also enjoy how 1 and 2 are a fantastic exploration of the theme of Hubris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad