2022/23 Roster Thread XI: Konecny, So Hot Right Now, Konecny

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I’ll give you, you never give up. Can’t back anything up you say but the first step is to accept reality.

York played himself out of his job. That’s hard to do but he ignored coaches instructions, all verified facts, and did it. He should be back in a much better version by Christmas if he figures it out.

And you don’t want a prospect sitting for long so Hodgson fits the bill for an extra forward. No idea who you want to replace him in that role. MacEwan, Willman ? Who in the AHL would you prefer? Nate?

Just saw Hodgson down. Guess the Russian gets signed. Every coach has a pet

Yeah, nah, you're the one making shit up, GB. That's why I don't bother putting effort into replies to you. Anyone with your level of blind faith in authority can't be reasoned with.

Especially an authority with no credibility like the Flyers.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Well Charlie said MacEwen passed the eye test last year so...

That was one of the unintentionally funniest tweets I’ve ever seen from him. MacEwen is the classic “I don’t know where I’m supposed to be at any given time so I’m going to make myself look busy” AHL fwd being force fed NHL minutes because of “roles”.

He’s added to the list the past few years as he becomes more & more a Flyers media lackey.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Shows Torts is running the show, a few shifts for Hodgson, "Chuck, he sucks, get me someone else from LHV."

It is strange how Hodgson regressed, he showed potential to be a sleeper last year, he looked asleep this fall.

MacEwen might thrive under Torts' scheme, especially since he'll be playing with better talent than last year (not hard, upgrading over Brown, Thompson and Bunnaman) - his value is physical forechecking and hopefully picking up garbage goals, which means he needs someone half way decent to feed the puck to. He's got size and speed, but lacks offensive skill.

But if he doesn't, well, next up.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Shows Torts is running the show, a few shifts for Hodgson, "Chuck, he sucks, get me someone else from LHV."

It is strange how Hodgson regressed, he showed potential to be a sleeper last year, he looked asleep this fall.

MacEwen might thrive under Torts' scheme, especially since he'll be playing with better talent than last year (not hard, upgrading over Brown, Thompson and Bunnaman) - his value is physical forechecking and hopefully picking up garbage goals, which means he needs someone half way decent to feed the puck to. He's got size and speed, but lacks offensive skill.

But if he doesn't, well, next up.

He isn't going to thrive anywhere in the NHL. He isn't a good player.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Bummer:

568391B5-1868-4B68-97C1-F8893A61E9F8.jpeg

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The PP1 is just gross. It can't get the puck into any dangerous ideas in the middle, and the entries are brutal. The Flyers have two players on that unit who would be on anything but an average PP2: DurrrAngelo and JVR. Farabee, Konecny, and Hayes as your half wall QBs just are not it -- they're very checkable. You can sell me on TK, with a stronger compliment. PP2 actually looks better on the walls, particularly with Frost. You have to chuckle that Zamula had a couple bad PP shifts, then Provorov heads on the unit. God forbid the worst PP in the league last year consider the obvious guy on the bench.

The Devils and Canucks stink, and the lack of skill and sloppy structure has been apparent, but I do appreciate the cognitive dissonance of guys like JVR and Konecny being two of their more effective players. The contrarian brigade loves shitting on Konecny ("Torts will hate him" *throws poop*), and the worst player in the NHL, Van Riemsdyk, couldn't be traded for anything but a 2023 1st, and yet he just looks like normal JVR, for better or worse. That never passed the smell test, and Fletcher torpedoed value for the lols.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I always thought TK was a great fit for Torts, he'll get chewed out for his mistakes, but praised for his drive and grit.

JVR is what he is, he's a 20+ goal scorer who isn't a liabiility on defense (better than Jake) but is a role player, who can't drive a line but is a valuable player on the PP and a scorer at ES. At $5M he'd be a bargain, at $7M a luxury.

Farabee looks like a player who missed TC, he's slowly coming around.
Same with Hart, who again gave up a couple cheapies, then got into his groove.

TDA is for real, and so far he looks like a great fit with Provorov.

What I've seen so far is a team that comes out and plays Torts hockey in the 1st period, then finds out that to play at that intense of a level you need to be in better shape than you get just through a couple weeks in TC. It's one reason this team has to go 4 lines deep and use all 6 D-men, you can play 25 minutes a night if you glide, but it's a lot tougher if you play all out all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad