2022/23 Roster Thread XI: Konecny, So Hot Right Now, Konecny

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
He's kept players not because it's good development or they're actually the best options, but because they fought.

That's dinosaur shit.
Attard did things that are to be expected of what he projects to be a bottom pair defenseman. Aside from looking worse than a washed up Braun he made the team on potential.
York on the other hand was given the opportunity to see big minutes on special teams and top minutes despite being caught behind a logjam at left d

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Great quote from Torts.

And as we all know, people should be judged by what they say, not what they do. He must be a great developmental coach.

Reactions: Adtar02

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Attard did things that are to be expected of what he projects to be a bottom pair defenseman. Aside from looking worse than a washed up Braun he made the team on potential.
York on the other hand was given the opportunity to see big minutes on special teams and top minutes despite being caught behind a logjam at left d

And as we are already seeing, making these judgements on practice and preseason alone while completely ignoring the prior year is bad practice that leads to bad players making the roster over better ones.

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
And as we are already seeing, making these judgements on practice and preseason alone while completely ignoring the prior year is bad practice that leads to bad players making the roster over better ones.
But hodgson making the team is based on the prior year and not camp. You could also say that for attard as he looked bad in preseason but played well after adjusting at the end of last year.
So I'm having a hard time seeing how you are framing your argument

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
But hodgson making the team is based on the prior year and not camp. You could also say that for attard as he looked bad in preseason but played well after adjusting at the end of last year.
So I'm having a hard time seeing how you are framing your argument

It's already affirmed that Attard made the team because he fought. That's it.

Guys like Hodgson were praised during preseason. York was singled out for harsh treatment, last year wasn't a factor at all. Braun sucked ass with York being better.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Please don’t be this:

When other teams in the division have this:

The Flyers isn’t necessarily bad, it’s just bland. But honestly they don’t really have much to draw from their history. They haven’t really greatly changed like other teams. Pittsburgh & Washington have changed their colors & logos multiple times over their histories.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Hodgson won’t be around long if both Atkinson & Tippett are able to return soon.

I get that Lappy & Flahr like the way he worked himself from a no-name ECHLer to an effective power forward for the Phantoms last year.

I understand some trepidation that he could turn into the next Jeannot if they lose him on waivers.

But I don’t see it happening. More likely he just rode a hot streak last year. Torts will make the call soon enough.

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
It's already affirmed that Attard made the team because he fought. That's it.

Guys like Hodgson were praised during preseason. York was singled out for harsh treatment, last year wasn't a factor at all. Braun sucked ass with York being better.
Bullshit. York played like crap and was sent down based on merit.

Hodgson is the perfect extra forward who when we get healthy won’t play. Popcorn for him.

Attard made the team on merit as well. So what if the coach made a comment about him sticking up and fighting. One of many reasons. But keep on preaching make believe bullshit. There are enough posters here that lap it all up and a mod that likes to tell people who disagree with him that we are wrong because a bunch of others have already pointed it out. Like that means anything

Reactions: Ghosts Beer

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Hodgson waived today, per Charlie.

well-bye-bye.gif

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Bullshit. York played like crap and was sent down based on merit.

Hodgson is the perfect extra forward who when we get healthy won’t play. Popcorn for him.

Attard made the team on merit as well. So what if the coach made a comment about him sticking up and fighting. One of many reasons. But keep on preaching make believe bullshit. There are enough posters here that lap it all up and a mod that likes to tell people who disagree with him that we are wrong because a bunch of others have already pointed it out. Like that means anything

No he didn't.

No, Hodgson isn't.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
"when we get healthy" :biglaugh:

The season is one game old and they are already without:

Atkinson
Couturier
Ellis
Ristolainen
Tippett

• Haha
Reactions: dats81

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
Torts basically just spit directly in Lappy, Brent, Danny, and Chuck's collective faces after one game. The ultimate act of disrespect. File that one under "things you love to see".
I want Torts as the new president. This one is awesome. "We love this guy - try him out" - Old Brass. "He sucks - I've seen enough. Send him down" - Torts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad