2022/23 Roster Thread XI: Konecny, So Hot Right Now, Konecny

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

email-1.jpg.webp

reworked-correct-email-2.jpg.webp

What a guy, Torts is.

Not to speak ill of the ill, but I'm about to. McCrossin has sucked at his job for decades and his lawsuit is all kinds of bizarre/dubious/unscientific, as I came to realize and then argue in the thread when it first came out. It doesn't add up, and it makes perfect sense that the legal team brought it to the public via an unincredulous sports blogger dolt (ASF) rather than a legitimate reporter.

His whiny woe-is-me email just kinda cements the highly-cynical viewpoint I've reached, which is that a guy who sucks at his job got a really unfortunate medical diagnosis and then turned around and tried to blame it on his employer as a means of either getting a payday or not being fired for his incompetence. PR blackmail, more or less.

Torts likely recognizes the incompetence; didn't understand the office politics; did and hated them; or didn't care. That's who Torts is gonna be--that he didn't know Jim accompanied the players on Fletcher's request speaks to how broken communication is in this shitty franchise.

I wish Jim and his family the best in his fight against cancer.

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
No he didn't.

No, Hodgson isn't.
I’ll give you, you never give up. Can’t back anything up you say but the first step is to accept reality.

York played himself out of his job. That’s hard to do but he ignored coaches instructions, all verified facts, and did it. He should be back in a much better version by Christmas if he figures it out.

And you don’t want a prospect sitting for long so Hodgson fits the bill for an extra forward. No idea who you want to replace him in that role. MacEwan, Willman ? Who in the AHL would you prefer? Nate?

I’ll give you, you never give up. Can’t back anything up you say but the first step is to accept reality.

York played himself out of his job. That’s hard to do but he ignored coaches instructions, all verified facts, and did it. He should be back in a much better version by Christmas if he figures it out.

And you don’t want a prospect sitting for long so Hodgson fits the bill for an extra forward. No idea who you want to replace him in that role. MacEwan, Willman ? Who in the AHL would you prefer? Nate?
Just saw Hodgson down. Guess the Russian gets signed. Every coach has a pet

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I’m wondering if they’re going to claim Anthony Angello to supplant Hodgson.

Edit: Only saying that since they didn’t immediately call anyone up. I actually doubt it.

Last edited:

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I don’t think there is real upside there.
There isn’t, other than they might like him over MacEwen in the 4th liner/spare role Hodgson held for a game.

But Angello can’t fight despite his size, & I doubt they’d want to use a contract on him.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Based on what limited viewing I had of preseason
York
Seeler
Zamula
Braun
Attard
You could rotate pairs of seeler attard and York Braun but you then have two guys playing over z who didn't play as well as him. I think last season was a big factor in consideration as well as planning for the future

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
To think that Fletcher and Flahr spent the offseason dreaming of a Deslauriers-Brown-MacEwen/Hodgson line. That's what these geniuses put their brains together and came up with. MacEwen being recalled is rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic of lines. But I'm still smiling at thinking about Hodgson making the worst flub pass I've ever seen in an NHL game. Do you think Chuck is chewing his fingernails at him getting claimed?! It really could *chortle* happen.

Well, good luck, Jackson Cates!

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I don't hate the retro jersey. Looks like it could be for a lacrosse team or something haha.

Very clean. Logo really pops from the white. And nothing around to distract from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad