2022/23 Roster Thread III: Run It Back!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
They also have too many vets on the nhl roster who Chuck would fear losing on waivers, so very unlikely they'll even give Torts the possibility of having guys like foerster or allison in the lineup on a regular basis.

Funny how they went out of their way the last few years making sure the youth would be given as little nhl time as possible and suddenly its now a "make or break" season for those same players.

Essentially a "break" season because they've had no time or chance to develop at the NHL level, and their time learning the highest game will be held against them.

Pet Charles

Oct 10, 2017
You gotta take that with a grain of salt. It was the team’s individual writers who ranked the grade. Charlie clearly wanted Gaudreau or a big move and is salty about it. Just saying. The non moves deserve a better grade.
I don’t think that’s fair. Charlie’s expectations were set by Dave Scott’s “blank check” and Chuck Fletcher’s “aggressive rebuild,” I believe he’s just asked questions on the minds of most fans and observers.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
They just be offering MacEwen a 2 way contract if he’s filed for arbitration. 9 points in 75 games is not going to get him a high AAV from an arbitrator.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
To be perfectly blunt though, Harry Bricker may have actually kinda stunk at his job. I don’t blame him for getting complacent and lazy, if in fact that’s the case. It pervades the entire front office from top to bottom. No doubt Cuck has actually brought in a consulting crew, on the request of Scott, to do an internal cleansing of the lower tier jobs with some objective basis. Obviously falling well short of their own positions.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Let's just see what Torts does, he's going to make the decisions on who plays and how much.

He's shown in both TB and CBJ that he can coach up a team full of young players, that he'll play young players ahead of veterans, and he'll bench veterans for not playing the "right way."

Thing is you have to accept that he'll get on Frost as much as he gets on Hayes, he doesn't believe in entitlement by veterans or prospects, he'll play the 6th rd pick ahead of the 1st rd pick.

He pissed Dubinsky off by playing 22 year old Weenberg and then 19 year old Dubois ahead of him.
He played 20 year old Bjorkstrand (#89) over 34 year old Bourque.

Which is why this is going to be a very interesting season, I think the Old Guard don't really understand what they have in Torts.
Good to see they did their due diligence.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
What really depresses me the most is that even if everyone stays/gets healthy, even Ellis, at best this is a 90-94 point team that still misses the playoffs but only gets us a pick in the 14-16 range.

In 50 years of following this franchise, I have never been so pessimistic about the state and future of this team.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
What really depresses me the most is that even if everyone stays/gets healthy, even Ellis, at best this is a 90-94 point team that still misses the playoffs but only gets us a pick in the 14-16 range.

In 50 years of following this franchise, I have never been so pessimistic about the state and future of this team.

Well that's probably somewhat related to the past 10 years of being a meddling team. This team hasn't been competitive since 2012.

Reactions: BiggE

smokey

Oct 24, 2016
Helsinki
Gotta love it. F gave mcewen a good comparable for his arb neg with the des contract. No way a guy 5 years younger with pretty much the same stat line gets less money. Ofc the flyers could just walk away but thats probably not a very realistic scenario.

Reactions: BernieParent

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Gotta love it. F gave mcewen a good comparable for his arb neg. No way a guy 5 years younger with pretty much the same stat line gets less money. Ofc the flyers could just walk away but thats probably not a very realistic scenario.

UFA deals can't be used as comparables in arbitration

Under Article 12 of the CBA, certain types of evidence are admissible at the hearing and others are not. The evidence may include witnesses, affidavits, documents or any other relevant evidence the parties choose to present at the hearing. The admissible evidence the arbitrator may consider includes looking at “comparable players”, the player’s overall statistical performance, the number of games the player has played in (including injuries and illnesses), the player’s length of service in the NHL and with the team, the contribution of the player to the success or failure of the team in preceding seasons, and any qualities that are more intangible in nature such as leadership or public appeal. Under the MOU, players who played in the 2019-2020 “return to play” games may use their statistics from those games.

Inadmissible evidence includes many specifics surrounding who is a comparable player. The comparable player needs to be a Group 2 RFA coming off of the last year of their contract. The comparable player’s position, age, career games, and average ice time should also be as comparable as possible. In addition, other inadmissible evidence includes the team’s other qualifying offers, prior negotiations between the player and team, newspaper columns, testimonials, videotapes, press reports or similar materials, references to walk away rights or evidence of a team previously exercising its walk away rights, the financial condition of the team or league, the team’s upper or lower limits or player’s share (defined in the CBA), any salary arbitration award from the 2005-2006 season, or any reference to any salary arbitration award or salary compensation that occurred prior to July 22, 2005.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
alright even if we didnt get johnny g, still got rid of the trash, got alex debrincat and dylan strome with some younger wingers, i would be fine with that. it's just running it back is a punch in the face to the fanbase.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Here's a comparable - Jansen Harkins played 77 games for the Jets and scored 13 points. Two days ago he got a one-way, two-year extension with an AAV of $850,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad