2022/23 Roster Thread III: Run It Back!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
That probably is a step too far.

My uneasiness comes from the simple fact that he or the organization haven’t made any statements while others have. That and it would be a perfect cherry on this shit sundae.

It’s like poetry, it rhymes.

Meh. After being around a ton of those kinds of families growing up and playing hockey in SK and Manitoba, I can assure you there are plenty of very rotten apples. It usually comes with the territory though, where your (on average, upper middle class parents treat you like kings) and there are a ton of vulnerable girls especially in the surrounding small town communities, and where guys usually drop out of school at a younger age/are surrounded by other younger guys who have had very similar upbringings. Even at Junior A level, the stories you hear about players and their behaviours, in hotels etc, are absolutely repugnant.

well that escalated quickly lol...he's a goalie and goalies are weird

you'd be better off asking for a jar of Rod's sweat...the Flyers would at least find a use for it

Presumption is innocence like I said. Just giving my own broad opinion, without accusing him.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Do we even have cap space to sign the RFAs and back up goalie ?

And are we stuck with Macewan now too ?

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
JVR-Couturier-Konecny
Laughton-Hayes-Atkinson
Cates-Frost-Tippett
MacEwen-Brown-Des

Provorov-DeAngelo
Sanheim-Risto
Seeler-Braun
York

Hart
Sandstrom

Good lord. Poor Coots/Hart

• Wow
Reactions: flyersnorth

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Today’s thirty seconds of sports talk radio involved a caller saying that the Flyers need a sniper and called Chuck Fletcher an outsider who knows nothing about how this city works.

I actually called in for the first time this AM to 94WIP and ripped Chuck, Risto, and the signings yesterday.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
JVR’s contract is Hextall’s last “gift” to the organization.

I said the entire year I’d consider buying him out, because no one was going to take him.

By FAR the prevailing opinion here was to just “ride out” the final year.

Well, you got what you wanted. They didn’t buy him out. They didn’t attach picks to unload him.

Congrats.

Hell, this offseason in many ways is going as people wanted:

No humongous contract on a player who is nearing 30; riding out JVR’s last season.

Only differences are most fans preferred a completely AHL level defense corps & wouldn’t have traded a 2nd for DeAngelo & would have gotten a pick for Risto at the deadline.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

I said the entire year I’d consider buying him out, because no one was going to take him.

Well, you got what you wanted. They didn’t buy him out. They didn’t attach picks to unload him.

Congrats.

No humongous contract on a player who is nearing 30; riding out JVR’s last season.

Only differences are most fans preferred a completely AHL level defense corps & wouldn’t have traded a 2nd for DeAngelo & would have gotten a pick for Risto at the deadline.

Similar contracts have been easily moved. The league has spent 13 years cleaning up Fletcher's mistakes and they've all realized he's eternally against the wall without a plan and that they can exact assets from him due to his desperation.

Hextall isnt the problem, the contract isn't, JVR isnt. Fletcher is.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What we seem to have are a slew of posters who for months were in full-blown defeatist tank mode now going ballistic that the Flyers didn’t sign Gaudreau for 7 years $ 10M per.

If anyone should be pissed about it, it’s me. Because I “contrarianly” was against tanking & wanted some entertainment value, even if Gaudreau might turn into a bad contract.

And I am annoyed they didn’t get him.

But you’d think 90% of the tankers would be thrilled. For some strange reason, no, now they suddenly wanted him.
You have a fundamental misunderstanding of what everyone is complaining about. It’s not tanking vs. aggressive retool. It’s that they’re doing neither.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I’m glad that instead of going complete laughingstock, bare-bones AHL level D, only focus on draft picks, like so many wanted,
they actually should have a solid D corps & a little toughness, to the point where, if Couturier & Hayes are healthy, you haven’t completely abandoned them and the team might compete enough to be watchable.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
I’m glad that instead of going complete laughingstock, bare-bones AHL level D, only focus on draft picks, like so many wanted,
they actually should have a solid D corps & a little toughness, to the point where, if Couturier & Hayes are healthy, you haven’t completely abandoned them and the team might compete enough to be watchable.

and miss out on a top 5 pick in an unreal draft year. Yep, let’s keep this level of mediocrity up and never improve to anywhere near contention!

Columbus Hockey Dad

Oct 30, 2018
I see you are in the denial stage of grief. It'll be ok, GB. It's just a hockey team.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017

they already are a laughing stock and absolutely nothing about this off-season has made things better. In fact, it’s much worse.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Columbus Hockey Dad

Oct 30, 2018
Still Samuel Morin's #1 Fan
@DanTheFlyeraFan
Sharks PP under Thompson in 2020-21- 14.1% - 29/31 in league

Canucks PK under Shaw in 2021-22- 74.9%- 30/32 in league

Flyers 2021-22 stats
PP- 12.6%- dead last
PK- 75.7%- 26/32

Shitty coaches AND no roster additions! The special teams will remain terrible, me thinks

When you've lost the dumbest homer fan on the planet...

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
What we seem to have are a slew of posters who for months were in full-blown defeatist tank mode now going ballistic that the Flyers didn’t sign Gaudreau for 7 years $ 10M per.

If anyone should be pissed about it, it’s me. Because I “contrarianly” was against tanking & wanted some entertainment value, even if Gaudreau might turn into a bad contract.

And I am annoyed they didn’t get him.

But you’d think 90% of the tankers would be thrilled. For some strange reason, no, now they suddenly wanted him.
Stop straw manning. Most people aren't mad they didn't sign JG, they're laughing at the absolute incompetence of this team. Their future plans change daily and things the GM feeds us are routinely lies and misdirection based on their actions.

"Blank cheque" translated into dumping a bunch of picks for TDA and signing a face puncher for too much and too long. You don't have to want the team to rebuild to look at these moves and rail against how shit poorly this team is run.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017

Congrats.

Now this is just lazy GB. Instead of blaming a jvr buyout, look at how he mismanaged our cap situation with risto, tda, deslauriers signings. He easily could’ve gotten gaudreau with that cap, signed Manson for ex, and assembled a better team. He put himself in this situation, not hextall. Burns and patch got moved for nothing. Teams know they can fleece chuck because he repeatedly has given up multiple picks for average players + is desperate to cap dump players

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Did you miss them bringing back Seeler, Braun, Connauagahaghton?

TDA is worse defensively than Ghost. You did this last year. Trust me, just accept that you're wrong about this now and it will save a lot of time

Reactions: Cody Webster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad