2022/23 Roster Thread III: Run It Back!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
There’s a non-zero chance TDA and Provorov have a literal fight on the ice. It’ll be like major league 2

1657808504528.png

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
The lineup right now:

Farabee - Couts - TK
JVR - Hayes - Atkinson
Cates - Frost - Tippett
Deslauries - Laughton - Allison/MacEwen
Brown, Laczynski [if JVR is moved, Laughton becomes 2LW and one of these two 4C]

Phantoms: Foerster, Wisdom, Desnoyers, Lycksell, [Brink], Brown, Marody, [Ratcliffe], Hodgson, Willman, Sandin, O'Reilly, J Cates

Provorov - TDA
Sanheim - Risto
York - Braun
Attard, Seeler

Phantoms: Zamula, Hogberg, Connauton, Ginning, Wylie, Millman, Belpedio, Zech

Hart, Sandstrom [Fedotov]

Phantoms: Ersson, Grosenick
Tell us how stacked the phantoms will be

Reactions: Cody Webster

philly_28

Valar Morghulis
Apr 9, 2007
All anybody wants is competence and a cohesive plan.

This. I'm agnostic on getting JG. I see the pros and cons.

What I fail to see is the upside in a GM just throwing shit at the wall in the hope that something sticks, throwing big-money contracts at mediocre or downright awful players, all the while getting rid of some of the more likeable players of the team (Ghost, G, Lindblom) and somehow manage to burn all the draft capital while making the team worse.

FlyRoutine

Aug 4, 2012
If you want to move Hayes or Atkinson, hope they have big seasons then move them next summer. Same with TDA.
Pretty optimistic to think, that you could move that contract with its aav, term and NMC for any kind of value.
And I dont want to downplay Hayes as a player. He has his worth. I just dont think anyone will want him with this kind of contract.

Hayes contract is marked as M-NTC from 22/23 though. Does anyone know how his contract is modified?

Reactions: Cody Webster

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017

Obviously presumption is innocence. However, Hart has always given me spoiled rich kid vibes. He comes off as almost too clean cut and well spoken. Almost robotic at times. Wouldn’t shock me if he ended up being a sociopathic piece of shit and it would simply be another chapter to add to the post 2010-11 Flyers horror book. Really wouldn’t matter at this point.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Obviously presumption is innocence. However, Hart has always given me spoiled rich kid vibes. He comes off as almost too clean cut and well spoken. Wouldn’t shock me if he ended up being a sociopathic piece of shit and it would simply be another chapter to add to the post 2010-11 Flyers horror book. Really wouldn’t matter at this point.
That probably is a step too far.

My uneasiness comes from the simple fact that he or the organization haven’t made any statements while others have. That and it would be a perfect cherry on this shit sundae.

It’s like poetry, it rhymes.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
That probably is a step too far.

My uneasiness comes from the simple fact that he or the organization haven’t made any statements while others have. That and it would be a perfect cherry on this shit sundae.

It’s like poetry, it rhymes.
I beleive the lawsuit settled out of court for over 3 million... does that mean that atleast a few of the players are making that money? Not sure how that works though...

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I would ask Carolina what the cost for necas would be. He doesn’t seem to fit in the top 6 tbere and Jarvis took over his potential spot.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
Obviously presumption is innocence. However, Hart has always given me spoiled rich kid vibes. He comes off as almost too clean cut and well spoken. Almost robotic at times. Wouldn’t shock me if he ended up being a sociopathic piece of shit and it would simply be another chapter to add to the post 2010-11 Flyers horror book. Really wouldn’t matter at this point.
well that escalated quickly lol...he's a goalie and goalies are weird

I would ask Carolina what the cost for necas would be. He doesn’t seem to fit in the top 6 tbere and Jarvis took over his potential spot.
you'd be better off asking for a jar of Rod's sweat...the Flyers would at least find a use for it

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yep. That's where I use cap room and assets as I rebuild, target RFAs that competitive team will struggle to pay and want to dump for anything they can get - rather than overpay for FAs past their peak years.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I haven’t really wanted to go here, but Comcast is the problem now.

At some point, accountability must be demanded. It’s very clear Fletcher operates with impunity. Scott doesn’t have the knowledge or fortitude to realize a change is needed.

Why Dave Scott, has been allowed to maintain his role with a team that has done nothing but essentially flounder since he’s taken the reigns is beyond me.

They can preach about spending money for improving departments, or idiotic blank cheque comments but to my eyes anyway - Comcast is f***ing them over as much as anyone.

Scott needs to step in, it’s beyond overdue. If not - he needs to go the same as Fletcher.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
What we seem to have are a slew of posters who for months were in full-blown defeatist tank mode now going ballistic that the Flyers didn’t sign Gaudreau for 7 years $ 10M per.

If anyone should be pissed about it, it’s me. Because I “contrarianly” was against tanking & wanted some entertainment value, even if Gaudreau might turn into a bad contract.

And I am annoyed they didn’t get him.

But you’d think 90% of the tankers would be thrilled. For some strange reason, no, now they suddenly wanted him.

The problem is the total lack of plan.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I beleive the lawsuit settled out of court for over 3 million... does that mean that atleast a few of the players are making that money? Not sure how that works though...
IIRC, Hockey Canada settled the suit. There was a bit of a blowback about that when some folks noted that HC gets its money from the government, so they were questioning the government paying to "hush" the suit. HC proceeded to say that no government money was used in the settlement:

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I think that Fletcher had a plan but it was a poor one. Since the Flyers FO leaks like a sieve, it was so obvious to everyone in the league what it was. Other clubs decided to screw with him to make it impossible for him to carry out his plan unless he paid an exorbitant price. That has been the issue with Fletcher since he showed up. He telegraphs his moves and gets taken when he tries to make them.
The first step that the Flyers need to do going ahead if they want to be successful is to clean up their FO. Until they get everyone on the same page and willing to be quiet as the moves are made, they're not going anywhere. This stuff where the guys who didn't get their way go to the press and talk can't happen any more. Time for them to get on board or get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad