2022/23 Roster Thread III: Run It Back!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Didn’t he go to California because he wanted to play with his brother? Only reason he left NJ?
Its possible hed choose ANA over them but the Flyers were reported to be serious contenders for him but clarke wanted size and depth instead. Sound farmiliar?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If Farabee is healthy he's actually a better offensive player than G, has outscored him at 5x5 the last couple years.
I think a Farabee - Couts - TK line will be better than people think.
Last two seasons pp/60 (5x5):
Couts 2.43 (2019-2021)
Farabee 2.42
TK 2.15
G 2.03
Voracek, Atkinson 1.95
Hayes 1.86
JVR 1.81

The other factor is there's a good playmaker on each D-pair, TDA, Sanheim and York. That's something new for this team.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
If Farabee is healthy he's actually a better offensive player than G, has outscored him at 5x5 the last couple years.
I think a Farabee - Couts - TK line will be better than people think.
Last two seasons pp/60 (5x5):
Couts 2.43 (2019-2021)
Farabee 2.42
TK 2.15
G 2.03
Voracek, Atkinson 1.95
Hayes 1.86
JVR 1.81

The other factor is there's a good playmaker on each D-pair, TDA, Sanheim and York. That's something new for this team.

This discredits you immensely. And I’m a Bee fan.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
van Reimsdyk - Couturier - Konecny
Laughton - Hayes - Atkinson
Cates - Frost - Tippett
Deslauries - Brown - MacEwen

Provorov - DeAngelo
Sanheim - Ristolainen
York - Braun

Hart
Sandstrom

That could be their opening night roster. :laugh:
That lef side is ugly even after Farabee gets back

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Cates - Frost - Tippett

Provorov - DeAngelo
Sanheim - Ristolainen
York - Braun

Hart
Sandstrom

Seeler and Hodgson will beat out Frost and York bc reasons.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Cates - Frost - Tippett

Provorov - DeAngelo
Sanheim - Ristolainen
York - Braun

Hart
Sandstrom

It’s basically the entire roster that went 4-14 to finish the season…..but with back surgery Couturier and top pair Tony D. :laugh:

“Up front, we have a lot of young players. We have to see if they can play. We have a lot of young players that require waivers at some point, players like Morgan Frost and Owen Tippett and (Wade) Allison, (Tanner) Laczynski, (Hayden) Hodgson and (Isaac) Ratcliffe. These kids need a chance to play. They need a chance to earn a spot. As an organization, we need to see where they’re at, so you know what we have going forward.”

I don’t know how the 4th worst team boxes out 25 year olds in Laczynski and Allison. MacEwen is 26! Brink’s surgery precludes him, and he’d probably have been a mid-season call up. But when Farabee comes back, assume a top 9 player is bumped out. What a shit show.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This discredits you immensely. And I’m a Bee fan.
Bee will be 22, G 35, time moves on.

Farabee still hasn't entered his prime years, I think he will add another 10 lbs of muscle the next few years that will allow him to be more productive in the dirty areas.

G has had a great career, but he's a complementary player at this point, smart, efficient, but not as quick as he used to be.
Ottawa thinks so, they're paying him like a top 2nd line winger, not an elite player.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
One young Defenseman looks like they're moving up in the last few years. One.

They've had two guys who were good, under 33, and healthy. Couldn't find room to find out what they have. You want to fill out your top 4 and ease the kids in? Sure, at least they're playing in the NHL. Couldn't even do that. Zamula will be 23 in March. Attard will be 24. No one has any idea about them at this level. Utterly gutless.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It’s basically the entire roster that went 4-14 to finish the season…..but with back surgery Couturier and top pair Tony D. :laugh:

I don’t know how the 4th worst team boxes out 25 year olds in Laczynski and Allison. MacEwen is 26! Brink’s surgery precludes him, and he’d probably have been a mid-season call up. But when Farabee comes back, assume a top 9 player is bumped out. What a shit show.
They finished the season without York, Couts, Farabee, no TDA. Sanheim wore down (check his last 20 games).

How are they boxed out? Allison would easily beat out MacEwen, but what GM in his right mind would count on Allison staying healthy? Hodgson, Sandin, MacEwen are 26, not exactly ancient. Brown has to beat out Laczynski for 4C - but when Farabee returns, unless they dump JVR, Laughton may get bumped down to 4C.

Deslauries probably has a job b/c his competition at 4LW is Ratcliffe and Willman, Hodgson, Sandin, Allison, MacEwen, Brown are all RH. Desnoyers might push him in the spring, but they'll probably keep him at C if he can handle it.

There are jobs for the taking, and Torts plays rookies. But you have to take it on ice, not on paper.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
They finished the season without York, Couts, Farabee, no TDA. Sanheim wore down (check his last 20 games).

How are they boxed out? Allison would easily beat out MacEwen, but what GM in his right mind would count on Allison staying healthy? Hodgson, Sandin, MacEwen are 26, not exactly ancient. Brown has to beat out Laczynski for 4C - but when Farabee returns, unless they dump JVR, Laughton may get bumped down to 4C.

Deslauries probably has a job b/c his competition at 4LW is Ratcliffe and Willman, Hodgson, Sandin, Allison, MacEwen, Brown are all RH. Desnoyers might push him in the spring, but they'll probably keep him at C if he can handle it.

There are jobs for the taking, and Torts plays rookies. But you have to take it on ice, not on paper.

They gave Deslauriers almost 8 MM guaranteed over FOUR years. You cannot say things like he "probably has a job" and expect to get anything but killed for it. He's there in ink. Not because I said so, because they did with the contract.

Diaper Mask Bandits

Jan 15, 2022
Its possible hed choose ANA over them but the Flyers were reported to be serious contenders for him but clarke wanted size and depth instead. Sound farmiliar?

maybe Niedermayer preferred Anaheim but Clarke preferred Hatcher and Rathjee

just like he preferred Beezer and Bureau over Cujo

Clarke and the organization has always preferred quantity over quality. They don't believe in paying a premium for difference makers

Reactions: BernieParent

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

They've had two guys who were good, under 33, and healthy. Couldn't find room to find out what they have. You want to fill out your top 4 and ease the kids in? Sure, at least they're playing in the NHL. Couldn't even do that. Zamula will be 23 in March. Attard will be 24. No one has any idea about them at this level. Utterly gutless.
Attard played 15 games, TOI 16:36, showed the bad, then the good. I think they have him written in as a starter, maybe not to begin the year, but Braun at his age will get time off, and may be dealt at the TDL. Attard showed he can play in the NHL, but he's a bit unpolished. They may want to work on his decision making before giving him a full-time spot.

Zamula just had a bad season last year in terms of breaks, hurt before TC, then he gets ill and lose 5-10 lbs mid-season, finally got to play a few games at the end of the season.

Not sure how Torts will see him, he didn't have small puck movers in CBJ, on the other hand he benched Prout, his most physical D-man.

Zamula is an odd duck, he's got that weird frame, but he's not really fast like most "undersized" D-men, he actually looked better in his NHL cameo than he did at LHV last year, he's smooth, efficient but not dynamic.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Zamula is going to leave for the KHL any day now and we’ll have to deal with the narrative of “he wasn’t good enough to make it here, if he was he would have played” for the next few years.

This is 100% happening.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Attard played 15 games, TOI 16:36, showed the bad, then the good. I think they have him written in as a starter, maybe not to begin the year, but Braun at his age will get time off, and may be dealt at the TDL. Attard showed he can play in the NHL, but he's a bit unpolished. They may want to work on his decision making before giving him a full-time spot.

Zamula just had a bad season last year in terms of breaks, hurt before TC, then he gets ill and lose 5-10 lbs mid-season, finally got to play a few games at the end of the season.

Not sure how Torts will see him, he didn't have small puck movers in CBJ, on the other hand he benched Prout, his most physical D-man.

Zamula is an odd duck, he's got that weird frame, but he's not really fast like most "undersized" D-men, he actually looked better in his NHL cameo than he did at LHV last year, he's smooth, efficient but not dynamic.

I'm not telling you what to think at all, but why should I have any confidence they will healthy scratch Braun?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

I’m not saying he’s some shoe in or anything. But the Flyers already put Zamula in a position of weakness given they think his weight is a perceived flaw to the point it overshadows everything else.

I never seen an organization that loves a low upside play like them. They love making those type of bets.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Zamula is going to leave for the KHL any day now and we’ll have to deal with the narrative of “he wasn’t good enough to make it here, if he was he would have played” for the next few years.

This is 100% happening.
I'll believe they have a shot in hell of being relevant the second they get serious about LHV. No one is developing there. At some point, it can't be that this many players just stop improving.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The guy signed 1 week ago for 4 years and given a 20 team NTC "probably" has a job....

It’s actually a 11 team NTC I believe. He lists 20 teams beside the Flyers he’s okay to be traded to without approval. The other 11 teams he needs to be asked permission to be traded to by management. It is/was weirdly phrased instead of just saying 11 team NTC.

But yeah that’s delusional to think he’s coming out the lineup. That’s just another defense mechanism in attempt to mitigate the stupidity of a move made by Fletcher.

Reactions: Tripod and Striiker

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Seriously, forget what you think of Zamula or Attard or Frost. Who's the last Flyer who significantly improved at LHV?

In some orgs, that might not be as important of a question. But they slow roll their prospects with the idea that they will improve there. That's a design choice that's predicated on competence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad