Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Gonna watch Zellweger on side of Ducks tonight

Reactions: Static

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Zellweger is going to have to play so much differently at the pro level. It's going to be very interesting to see what that looks like.

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Zellweger is going to have to play so much differently at the pro level. It's going to be very interesting to see what that looks like.
We have to get him out of the WHL as soon as possible, but with he MemCup, it won't happen this season. He will need an adjustment time for sure.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
If his defensive game doesn’t transfer to pros, what’s the likelihood he becomes a LW? He has the speed and shot to thrive there as well

Zell's speed will help him adapt to playing within a defensive structure faster than other players kinda like LaCombe, a great skating, converted D-man in high school went to learn how to play defense in college. Plus, we've already witnessed Monty here. Monty provided lots of offense, but couldn't stick to the structure.

There won't be any rush for Zell's defensive development with the mass of incoming D going to the pro side. LaCombe and Hinds are further along defensively than Zell. Zell doesn't have to be a great defensive D, just a good defensive D could suffice because he'll probably be paired with a shutdown D to compliment his offensive game.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
If his defensive game doesn’t transfer to pros, what’s the likelihood he becomes a LW? He has the speed and shot to thrive there as well
Never say never, but I'd be surprised. I think everyone has seen enough of him to keep believing he will succeed as a defenseman (his previous WJC were quite decent as a two-way player, for example). So personally I don't see teams rushing to make him a forward especially since he has no experience there even tho the skillset might be somewhat good for that position.

So will see. He seems to have at the very least average brain for defense, his problem will always be his size tho. Bigger forecheckers will just run you over in meaningful games, sort of like Girard was the last playoffs. Or Drysdale was this season. I hope Zell will be more elusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad