Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Not as bad as the bottom 10 lol

Tracey and Perreault still have top 6 potential.

Isn't the Ducks prospect pool quite quirky? The usual mantra is that defensemen take time to develop and forwards see more immediate success. That might be true with top-10 picks between Zegras, McTavish and Drysdale. Then look outside those parameters and it's the Ducks' defense that is acclimating faster than our forward grouping.

I'm hoping for both Tracey and Perreault to breakout next season under our new head coach, especially with the potential slew of prospect coming over at forward, defense, and goal.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
You guys are wishing and hoping on both Tracey and Perreault. Throw in Colangelo for good measure. None of them have shown anything that would indicate that they are NHL players in the future.
I feel the same way as I felt with Thrun and LaCombe if they sign good bonus, but wasn't expecting either to. Same thing with those two for me, I'm not expecting much but if either one of them pan out it would be a nice bonus.

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
You guys are wishing and hoping on both Tracey and Perreault. Throw in Colangelo for good measure. None of them have shown anything that would indicate that they are NHL players in the future.

Tracey's 21. Perreault's 20. There's lots of time left for both players to continue their development. I recall two seasons ago when Tracey had his 12-game AHL stint and had 0 points. Almost everyone on this board wrote him off completely. Last year happened and Tracey's back in good graces again. This year, the whole AHL club is crap and Tracey is just a point away from being in the top-5 scoring.

We can't compare Tracey and Perreault to McTavish and Z instantaneous rise. Terry didn't breakout right away, it took years.

It's nice to have hope when there's still potential available.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Tracey's 21. Perreault's 20. There's lots of time left for both players to continue their development. I recall two seasons ago when Tracey had his 12-game AHL stint and had 0 points. Almost everyone on this board wrote him off completely. Last year happened and Tracey's back in good graces again. This year, the whole AHL club is crap and Tracey is just a point away from being in the top-5 scoring.

We can't compare Tracey and Perreault to McTavish and Z instantaneous rise. Terry didn't breakout right away, it took years.

It's nice to have hope when there's still potential available.
You just keep waiting. Meanwhile, in the real world, none of the three I mentioned have shown any progression this year. Meanwhile, there is this 18 year-old who has 32 points in 41 AHL games for Rochester this season. That is what a future NHLer looks like.

Reactions: Kalv

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
You just keep waiting. Meanwhile, in the real world, none of the three I mentioned have shown any progression this year. Meanwhile, there is this 18 year-old who has 32 points in 41 AHL games for Rochester this season. That is what a future NHLer looks like.
And perrrault had 17 points in 27 games in the AHL as an 18 year old.

People develope at different paces.

Reactions: TheGoodShepard1

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
And perrrault had 17 points in 27 games in the AHL as an 18 year old.

People develope at different paces.
And has hugely regressed this season. We'll see if he bounces back but regressing in your 3rd year in the league is not a hopeful sign.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

I don't comprehend your animosity here. No one here is stating Tracey and Perreault are sure fire top-6 like you're presenting with Kulich. What we are saying is we're hopeful that they could improve to becoming a top-6. That are no definitive expectations they are top-6 players. Drafts are always a gamble. That's reality.

You know what else is reality with our forward prospect pool? Two players that aren't part of the prospect pool because they are already in the NHL in 21-year old Zegras and 19/20-year old McTavish. Yet, that's a great thing for our NHL club and bad for our prospect pool ranking. That's called perspective.

As for Kulich and Snuggerud, hey, I wanted them over Gaucher too. There's no way you can grab Kulich or Snuggerud today. But you can send your complaints to Katella Ave in care of one Pat Verbeek, that's how you can show your displeasure to the person in charge in the real world. You tell Verbeek in your own verbose way of how the real world works, @tomd .

All Duck fans can do is be hopeful that something clicks with what we have in our system because we have no control over what the Ducks' org does. Again, Terry didn't become an NHL mainstay until his 7th year from his draft season. It's okay to be hopeful as a fan. I remember everyone bashing my hopes for McTavish in the 2021 draft.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Zellweger has his second goal of the game, hvidston finished with an assist.

Mintyukov named second star of his game.

King has a goal.

Pastujov has a goal.

Kukkonen scored for the fourth straight game.

Ian Moore scored his first of the season.

Colangelo finished with a goal. Jesus, so many goals.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
That's the hardest one timer I may have ever seen him score.

Reactions: Static

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Zellweger has added an assist, 2+1 tonight. Just absurd production from him since the trade.

I was looking at Everett's record last year and they finished first in the WHL Western Conference. This year, they're currently 6th with 59 points and the Kamloops are in 2nd place with 82 points; both teams are in the same conference.

With better talent around him, Zell has more than doubled his scoring rate between Everett (0.86 ppg) to Kamloops (1.84 pgg). He's doing better than last season too, 1.42 ppg in 2021-22. Zell's production with Kamloops is the type of scoring man of us were expecting out of Zellweger all season long. Glad he's bursting out again.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Let us hope that he performs much better in the NHL than Steel.
I still believe Steel would be much better off, had we not rushed him. We needed to send him down to SD and develop him in a similar way we did with Rakell.

With Zell, I'm pretty sure he's far off NHL right now. As GMPV said, there is a lot Zell needs to work on the defensive game. Sure, he might make the squad sometime just to take on the 2nd PP behind Fowler, but we will also have LaCombe and Minty coming in so...
If we keep Zell at the AHL to develop, I believe he can become something really good. But I expect it will take quite a bit of patience.

Reactions: Ducks DVM and bsu

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Slow marinate every prospect we have I don't give a f***.

Reactions: Rasp

LePerilsofPerreault

Mar 20, 2022
Tryna get away, man
If we let em marinate then I hope we fill out the roster with solid free agents and try to be as good as possible with the young guys who are up here already. I think this is the last draft we need to picking this high in the rebuilding process, it's mainly on development now once these guys get to the AHL.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad