Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Anaheim has the number dman in points in the WHL, the OHL, and the QMJHL.

Minty leads the OHL d-men in points with 70 pts. link
Luneau leads the Q d-men in points with 63 pts. link
Zellweger is 4th in the WHL d-men in points with 60 pts. link
LaCombe is 4th in the NCAA d-men in points with 31 pts. link

Hinds leads the Q d-men in +/- rating with 48 (link) and 5th overall among skaters, behind by +3 (link)

That's pretty damn impressive. Also a reason why I don't think Verbeek will invest long term on a FA D in the next couple of seasons.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
You think this group of guys stats-watch each other? With the way they're all going it seems like each wants to grab that edge in the hierarchy.

It's probably pretty exciting for them looking at their future defense partners. Although it's going to be a fierce camp next summer with all these top guys battling for spots.

Reactions: Yemeth and Static

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Anaheim has the number one scoring defenseman in the WHL, the OHL, and the QMJHL.

6569887F-DB3C-4051-8E63-07DED4D9D1DB.gif

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Are we concerned at all about Mintyukov's dropoff since going to Ottawa?
Not really. I've watched almost every game it was a huge adjustment in the beginning and he's definitely trying to be a "shut down defensemen" he's also had some bad puck luck and his teammates have blown some grade A chances. I think the numbers will go up soon. You can tell just by watching the coaching staff told him they need him to be a shut down defensemen because of how good the team already was.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Are we concerned at all about Mintyukov's dropoff since going to Ottawa?

Team context
Saginaw: 55 games, 63 pts, 4th in Western Conf​
GF = 198, GA = 194, GD = +4​
Ottawa: 55 games, 84 pts, 1st in Eastern Conf and clinched for the playoffs​
GF = 224, GA = 138, GD = +86​

When Minty was first traded to Ottawa, they were limiting Minty's riverboat gambling offense. There was an article about what Ottawa wanted from Minty and it's essentially to let the forwards do the heavy lifting in the offensive end so that Minty doesn't expose the team defensively. Compare the goal differentials (GD) between both teams. We're used to seeing Minty freely walking the puck down into the offensive zone; now he's more apt to looking for forwards to pass the puck towards while hanging around the blue line.

Ottawa was already a very good offensive and defensive team. They could use a bit more offense, but not riverboat gambling offense. I suppose they're trying to mold Minty's offensive game into more of a "controlled chaos" by playing within structure because they love his overall talent.

Initially, I was concerned with his production dropping. I'm good now with his adaptation to Ottawa. This change will be beneficial to Minty's NHL career - playing well within a structure.

Before the trade.

Saganaw: 37 games, 54 pts, 1.46 ppg, and +26 rating​
- Points breakdown: 16g + 38a = 54 pts; 30% of his scoring are goals​

After the trade to Ottawa.

Jan 23: 6 games, 3 points, 0.50 ppg, and -2 rating​
Feb 1: 9 games, 5 points, 0.56 ppg, and -2 rating​
Feb 7: 12 games, 11 points, 0.92 ppg, and +1 rating​
Feb 20: 18 games, 16 points, 0.89 ppg, and +5 rating​
- Points breakdown: 4 + 12a = 16 pts; 25% of his scoring are goals​

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Ok. I guess at least some of you are watching. To me it doesn't make a lot of sense on the surface for a team like Ottawa to acquire a player like Mintyukov and then ask him to change his game when he's only going to be there for a few dozen games in total.

Reactions: Static and Kalv

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Ok. I guess at least some of you are watching. To me it doesn't make a lot of sense on the surface for a team like Ottawa to acquire a player like Mintyukov and then ask him to change his game when he's only going to be there for a few dozen games in total.
It did seem like they just set their sights on the best player rather than the best fit.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
It did seem like they just set their sights on the best player rather than the best fit.

Might also be best need for Ottawa. Their defensive scoring pales in comparison to what Minty could bring, which is adding a ppg+ defenseman. Ottawa has 31 regular season games to tweak Minty's game for a potentially long playoff run and the Mem cup if they win the OHL championship. In tracking Minty's 18-game progress, it looks like the gamble is paying off.

There's an old adage (paraphrasing), "I'd rather tell a horse whoa than to urge the horse to giddy-up." This move to Ottawa is lowkey great for Minty and the Ducks' org as it's baby steps into introducing structure to Minty.

Reactions: Static
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad