Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Luneau leads Gatineau in scoring with 57 points, two more points than the second scorer. He's got a January birthday, which means he won't be eligible for the AHL next year. It gives Luneau another season to develop in juniors as well as continue his progress on developing/regaining that initial explosion. Tristan is going to be fun to monitor next year!

Another prospect to monitor with high anticipation next season is Hvidston. What more does he have offensively? Can he provide even more defensively? And just how physical a player is he?

The AHL rule really sucks

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
The AHL rule really sucks

I'm actually okay with it. There are rare instances of bringing over a prospect over to the AHL level under 20, like a McTavish. Yet with McTavish's situation, it's obvious his talent is NHL-ready. LW Tracey and RW Perreault were brought over to the AHL as under 20-year old prospects due to COVID exemptions and both first round picks struggled mightily. Both are still struggling to establish themselves in the AHL three seasons later. Fortunately for Tracey, the WHL opened up again during COVID season and he was returned to the Dub. Tracey needed that extra year as a 19-year old to add more mass and strength.

Tracey, AHL
Age 19, 2020-21 season: 12 games, 0g + 0a = 0pts, and -2 rating​
Age 20, 2021-22 season: 55 games, 11g + 20a = 31pts, and -1 rating​
Age 21, 2022-23 season: 47 games, 8g + 13a = 21 pts, and -17 rating​

As for Luneau's situation, it's a better situation for Luneau to stay in juniors another season. He's still working on his skating and skating explosion missing from his surgery over a season ago. There's also the depth issue going into the AHL next season.

Potential prospect D in the AHL next season:

RD Helleson​
RD Andersson (RFA)​
LD/RD LaCombe​
LD/RD Zellweger​
LD/RD Hinds​
LD Mintyukov​

We probably want some veterans onboard too b/c the oldest player we would have if using only prospects is Andersson at age 23. Also, knowing the shit show the AHL club is today, it might be more beneficial to remain in the CHL.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Think about it from the perspective of the junior hockey clubs and owners. NHL teams already take away their superstars like McTavish. But if they started to take away guys like Leneau then the junior hockey talent would be so watered down it would be unwatchable. The rule is in place to protect the interests of the CHL teams.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
He needs another year of junior anyway. He’s not completely dominating everyone like a McTavish or even Zellweger last year. He’s great out there but there’s things to gain from another year

The player that needs to be in the A next year is Mintyukov, and I believe he’s eligible?

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
He needs another year of junior anyway. He’s not completely dominating everyone like a McTavish or even Zellweger last year. He’s great out there but there’s things to gain from another year

The player that needs to be in the A next year is Mintyukov, and I believe he’s eligible?
Yes, he will be eligible

Reactions: AngelDuck

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Think about it from the perspective of the junior hockey clubs and owners. NHL teams already take away their superstars like McTavish. But if they started to take away guys like Leneau then the junior hockey talent would be so watered down it would be unwatchable. The rule is in place to protect the interests of the CHL teams.

I want to think about it from the perspective of a fan though

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Hvidston is 1+1 tonight

He now needs 13 points in 13 games to DOUBLE his last year point total in as many games played. (Edit: actually not sure if tonights game is counted yet in his stats or not)

Another play by him: LOOK AT THAT PASS :nod: and the hustle to the net immediately after. He is not only putting up points but passing the eye test on doing things that should translate to the NHL (he doesn't seem to be attacking the middle much tho). And apparently is great without the puck as well (I haven't watched that much myself to say this, but there are some prominent reports, e.g. EliteProspects saying that).

Last edited:
Reactions: lwvs84 and Static

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Hard to not be excited with our 22 draft class to this point. Seems every single player has taken a step forward just about.

Shame King has spent so much time out injured, he's still such a wildcard as he's had such a disrupted junior career with injury and COVID.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Hard to not be excited with our 22 draft class to this point. Seems every single player has taken a step forward just about.

Shame King has spent so much time out injured, he's still such a wildcard as he's had such a disrupted junior career with injury and COVID.

I've enjoyed the progression of G Buteyets during the regular season. Each time I do the prospect update, his numbers just keep on improving. Now that his team is in the playoffs, he's getting rocked. His team is ranked 12th in the playoffs and facing off against #5 seed.

As for King, the only thing I wanted to see him improve upon was his skating. This year has been a bad year for him due missing out on most of the season b/c of the injury. Since we just drafted him last year, we have an extra year to let him stew in the WHL next season as an overager before we lose his rights. There's a small chance we could bring him over to the AHL, but I why?

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
I've enjoyed the progression of G Buteyets during the regular season. Each time I do the prospect update, his numbers just keep on improving. Now that his team is in the playoffs, he's getting rocked. His team is ranked 12th in the playoffs and facing off against #5 seed.

As for King, the only thing I wanted to see him improve upon was his skating. This year has been a bad year for him due missing out on most of the season b/c of the injury. Since we just drafted him last year, we have an extra year to let him stew in the WHL next season as an overager before we lose his rights. There's a small chance we could bring him over to the AHL, but I why?
If I’m not mistaken this is King’s overage season, so he is going pro next year.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
If I’m not mistaken this is King’s overage season, so he is going pro next year.

I looked up the max CHL age online and I got a response of, "The CHL currently places a cap of three 20-year-old-or-over players per team, commonly known as "overage players". The CHL also allows up to four 16-year-olds on each roster." I guessed that means 21 years old, but now doing future research, you have to be 20 years old when the season starts and King will turn 21 in May. I stand corrected.

It does look like King has to move on from the CHL and go pro. Since the Ducks drafted him last year, then we have two years to sign him. Do we sign him? Or maybe he signs an AHL contract? I bring this up because G Andersen was drafted as a 21-year old by the Canes, but wasn't signed and went back into the draft two years later. Anaheim drafted him in 2012 as a 23-year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad