Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
AHL defense next year:
Mintyukov/LaCombe
Zellweger/Helleson
?/Andersson

Pastujov added to the forward group.
Should be better team on paper.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
AHL defense next year:
Mintyukov/LaCombe
Zellweger/Helleson
?/Andersson

Looks good on paper but that's a lot of kids and I bet if that's the D lineup we lose a lot more games than some of you think. Definitely need some veterans and toughness/grit back there... especially in the A, everyone's trying to make it to the show and taking liberties/doing whatever it takes to score.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
AHL defense next year:
Mintyukov/LaCombe
Zellweger/Helleson
?/Andersson

Looks good on paper but that's a lot of kids and I bet if that's the D lineup we lose a lot more games than some of you think. Definitely need some veterans and toughness/grit back there... especially in the A, everyone's trying to make it to the show and taking liberties/doing whatever it takes to score.
Is Minty even AHL eligible next season. He's only D+1

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Which ones should stay in the juniors and which ones if any go to the NHL so that they can fit veterans/toughness into the AHL defense. LaCombe was drafted in 2019 so maybe he earns a spot in camp ?

I guess if Thrun signs with Boston Bruins he goes to their AHL team and if/when there is injuries he gets a call up maybe.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
AHL defense next year:
Mintyukov/LaCombe
Zellweger/Helleson
?/Andersson

You forgot Hinds in the mix for potential AHL defense.

Hinds-LaCombe
Minty-Helleson
Zell-Andersson

It's an interesting group. If we retain Andersson, which we should, then he'll be going into his 4th AHL season. Helleson will be entering his 2nd AHL season. LaCombe has been stewing in the NCAA for the past four seasons playing against bigger and older competition that the CHL guys coming over in Zell, Hinds, and Minty.

Hinds might be our best shutdown defensemen.

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
LaCombe > Thrun

You know what's sad is Thrun wears the C for Harvard. It's a bad standard for loyalty, for sure, ditching the Ducks on purpose since last season.

The one thing LaCombe oozes so much of that Thrun doesn't possess is that skating. At this year's dev camp, LaCombe's skating is as smooth as Zellweger's, especially at the figure 8 catch-and-pass the puck drill.

Reactions: Leonardo87

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
You know what's sad is Thrun wears the C for Harvard. It's a bad standard for loyalty, for sure, ditching the Ducks on purpose since last season.

The one thing LaCombe oozes so much of that Thrun doesn't possess is that skating. At this year's dev camp, LaCombe's skating is as smooth as Zellweger's, especially at the figure 8 catch-and-pass the puck drill.
If LaCombe can improve his level of physicality then I think he's got a pretty good shot at an NHL career. Right now he reminds me a bit of Cam Fowler which isn't a bad thing but I worry about him not being able to handle the physical aspect of the game at the next level.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Yep, same was with our last wave of D (Theo, Monty, etc). We signed several veterans which seemed weird at first but was actually useful down the road. I expect the same now, as much as the new ones are skilled and exciting, no way they're successful without some veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad