Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Maybe the state of the team turned Thrun off.

The lesson should have been learned years ago - stop going after collegiate players. The ‘wound’ of Schultz was healed years ago but now we are back at the same discussion point as before.

Is it a foregone conclusion he will sign somewhere else, or is he weighing his options and ultimately may end up signing here?

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
He's on pace for 68 points in 59 games after scoring 32 in 58 last season.

Yup. I said it earlier that his progress is similar to Hinds. Both known defensive guys that a little showed offensive flash. This year, Hvid the Kids offense is popping off. He's a year younger than Gaucher too! I really want to see what more growth he has for next season too. We need great two-way guys like him who can score.

Reactions: Static
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

The lesson should have been learned years ago - stop going after collegiate players. The ‘wound’ of Schultz was healed years ago but now we are back at the same discussion point as before.

Is it a foregone conclusion he will sign somewhere else, or is he weighing his options and ultimately may end up signing here?
Zegras? Terry? Manson? Palmieri? You don't want these guys?

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Zegras is still learning the ropes, while it took Terry years to get his shit together.

And no - I wouldn’t want Manson and Palmieri. Both players were inconsistent. Palmieri was given so many chances and traded away so quickly
Zegras is already a top 6 NHL forward and has the potential to be one of the best forwards in the NHL, Terry turned into a top 6 forward at age 24 (his fourth professional season and second as a full time NHLer), Manson has been a top 4 defenceman for most of his career and Palmieri has been a top 6 forward for the better part of a decade.

As if we would just close ourselves off to such players by refusing to draft ANY college players.

Now if it was just Havard? I would be inclined to agree, they are too risky, but refusing to draft any college players is an absolute stretch and a half.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Manson has been a top 4 defenceman for most of his career and Palmieri has been a top 6 forward for the better part of a decade.

Manson has inconsistent the past two or three seasons. Palmieri never thrived here

Now if it was just Havard? I would be inclined to agree, they are too risky, but refusing to draft any college players is an absolute stretch and a half.

This is an issue that keeps popping up in the NHL. Whether it’s Thrun, Fox or even Schultz, why should a team deal with a nuisance like that? The agreement needs to change. It’s such a terrible waiting game and a bad look for the original drafted team to have a player just move on and decide where they want to go to

Last edited by a moderator:

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Manson has inconsistent the past two or three seasons. Palmieri never thrived here

Wow, you unblocked me! Congratulations!

This is an issue that keeps popping up in the NHL. Whether it’s Thrun, Fox or even Schultz, why should a team deal with a nuisance like that? The agreement needs to change
Manson has still been a top 4 quality defenceman, inconsistency or not and played a solid role in winning a cup.

Palmieri was inconsistent yes, but he was a young player so hardly unexpected especially getting moved up and down the line up constantly. Soon as he got a regular role he became a 25-30 goalscorer year in year out, and was the exact same age as when Terry broke out. We could have used Palmieri's goals for many seasons after we traded him.

Two of the three you mentioned are from Havard, hence my point.

Schultz situation sucks, but it happened a over a decade ago, how many great college players have we drafted since then? Don't disagree that something should be done about the loophole - doubt it will as only big market teams benefit from it, but no way should we be closing ourselves off to all college players because of it.

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

nah, he probably just saw how many LHD prospects there are in the system and figured he could get to the NHL quicker elsewhere. if he's deciding to test FA, he's not signing with the ducks

just glad he didn't pull the same bullshit schultz did by waiting until the last second

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Somewhere Bob Murray is giggling about Thrun

I dunno. I think Bob probably feels sadden at the state the Ducks are in compared to what he probably would have done. Murray's often paid the org forward and the org losing Thrun probably makes him as mad as he was when he found out Schultz didn't want to be a Duck.

Bob is really too loyal of a guy to his players and owners, he protected Des at the Seattle XD. Hearing how Lindholm wanted to stay a Duck, but was still traded away just shows how much Murray made his players feel comfy in Anaheim. Unfortunately, Bob couldn't extend that comfort to his front office.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hey Folks,

We seem to be going off the rails of a crazy train here, this is the prospects thread and it seems we are getting a little off topic talking about past players. We have the “Former Ducks” thread where you can post about Ex-Ducks.

Moved the last several posts here..

Thanks!

Leo

Last edited:
Reactions: Duck Off
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad