Not open for further replies.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Last edited:

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Ranking the best NHL players and prospects under 23: Rasmus Dahlin tops the list​

Corey Pronman
Jan 17, 2023

7. Z (ranked one spot ahead of Seider btw)
12. Mac
34. Drysdale
36. Minty
83. Gaucher
84. Zell
129. Lacombe

Aged out of the list: Lundy

Dropped from previous list: Clang, Helleson

All seven ranked can still qualify for next year's ranking too. All the defensemen should be at the pro level next season and I'd be interested how they all develop. McTavish ranked 12th as a 19-year old while playing mostly bottom-6 for the season is a huge plus!

Reactions: lwvs84

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach

Ranking the best NHL players and prospects under 23: Rasmus Dahlin tops the list​

Corey Pronman
Jan 17, 2023

7. Z (ranked one spot ahead of Seider btw)
12. Mac
34. Drysdale
36. Minty
83. Gaucher
84. Zell
129. Lacombe

Aged out of the list: Lundy

Dropped from previous list: Clang, Helleson
What I found interesting was the following quote from near the beginning of the article: "about 31 players per draft who I see as potential quality NHL players". This basically equals the number of choices in the first round, although not all first round choices make it to the NHL as quality players. So when we all moan about draft choices that don't pan out, remember this number. The quality player is the exception in the draft, not the rule.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Can’t really trust Pronman as far as I can throw him, but I thought it was a ‘consensus’ that Clang is (was?) one of the top European goalie prospects not in North America.

Getting a bit worried with Helleson. Thought he would’ve been better, but it is what it is.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Clang missing is not that big of a deal (he's having a dissapointing year, honestly).
Dostal sill not being there (especially when some of those goalies made the list), is a way bigger mistery. The Athletic boys have always left him out lists. What has Lukas done to them, lol?

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Clang missing is not that big of a deal (he's having a dissapointing year, honestly).
Dostal sill not being there (especially when some of those goalies made the list), is a way bigger mistery. The Athletic boys have always left him out lists. What has Lukas done to them, lol?
He just comes up a little short every time.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I’m also really excited about hinds. Simple and efficient with size and not afraid to play physical translates great to the next level.
I wonder how he compares to someone like K'Andre Miller. Big frames, and skates very well. Miller is a bit bulkier and physical, might have a touch bit more offense too.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Devon Levi is 6'0 but made the list (as the last goalie). Athletic probably gives the ''European softness coeficient'' to Dostal tho :laugh:
height = height * 0.7

I dunno about the actual reason, but the Athletic has had a hypocrisy rating with short goalies. Dostal will get docked for being short, but another NA short goalie(s) will get praised.

Maybe if San Diego didn't force Dostal to play in back-to-back games, then Dostal might have had recognition.

Reactions: Kalv

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Devon Levi is 6'0 but made the list (as the last goalie). Athletic probably gives the ''European softness coeficient'' to Dostal tho :laugh:
height = height * 0.7
I prefer Zachary Levi as a goalie he's 6'3 lol and is known as Shazam and Chuck Bartowski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad