Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Looks really dominant at that level, just all over, making a difference on both sides of the puck. I know he was good before, but I have an impression he got extra confidence in the WJC which has resulted in him taking another step further in his development. Really excited about Hinds.

In another highlight, Warren made a really nice breakout pass that led to the first goal but looks like there were one too many passes and he did not get the point. Luneau with a really nice hand-eye coordination in front of his own net in one episode.

Hinds' play has been the same as his rookie tourney play with the Ducks this year. Playing at the WJC just meant his exposure is much wider. This means his play isn't a fluke, but consistent. That consistency makes his projection much more reliable.

GM Murray and asst. GM Madden did great in identifying Hinds' huge step in development when he was traded from Shawinigan to Rimouski in his draft year (2020-21). He was only a shutdown D witn Shawinigan. With Rimouski, it seems he's learned how to play an offensive game. After learning how to play offense with Rimouski, Hinds took his defensive game to another level with Sherbrooke while not losing his offensive game when Hinds was traded to Sherbrooke in his D+1 season. That defensive progress was an unexpected, fortunate development in Hinds' arc.

In the Ducks rookie tourney this season, Hinds put his defense, puck battle wins, and quick, efficient outlets on display. His offense wasn't on display because of limited games and rotation of roster, but everything in the defensive zone Hinds was dominant. I've been hyping on Hinds more since seeing his game in the rookie tourney.

That same play was on display at the WJC. I'm glad Sherbrooke's coach was an assistant coach for WJC team Canada. He's probably a big reason why Hinds got an invite and Hinds did the rest to get on the team.

D+0 (2020-21)
Shawinigan: 10 games, 0g + 1a = 1pt, +3 rating​
Rimouski: 23 games, 6g + 9a = 16 pts, +7 rating <--- offensive evolution​

D+1 (2021-22)
Rimouski: 23 games, 5g + 11a = 16 pts, +5 rating <--- consistent offense​
Sherbrooke: 38 games, 7g + 12a = 19 pts, + 23 rating <--- more defensive evolution, consistent offense​

D+2 (2022-23)
Sherbrooke (A): 28 games, 9g + 20a = 29 pts, +25 rating <--- consistent improvement in offense & +defense​
WJC-20: 7 games, 2g + 0a = 2 pts, + 9 rating (finished tied at 7th in plus/minus rating)​

Hinds has been improving in bigger jumps every year since his D+0 season. Since we drafted Minty, Warren, and Luneau, Hinds has been often overlooked on this board.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
The 67s' Twitter feed says mintyukov has an assist in the second period, but as of now it's been credited to teammate jack maiter. Maybe at the intermission it will be updated.

Jack perbix has a goal.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Might be a biiiiiit of a reach but watching Hinds at the WJC and then the Ducks since, I'm not sure so he couldn't come in and do a better job defending than some of the D on this roster already.

Out of our three top 03 born D prospects (Zellweger, Mintyukov, Hinds), I really won't be surprised if the latter actually gets to debut and makes himself a regular before the other two. Hinds may not have the same upside but his game probably less time to adapt to the pro level.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Might be a biiiiiit of a reach but watching Hinds at the WJC and then the Ducks since, I'm not sure so he couldn't come in and do a better job defending than some of the D on this roster already.

Out of our three top 03 born D prospects (Zellweger, Mintyukov, Hinds), I really won't be surprised if the latter actually gets to debut and makes himself a regular before the other two. Hinds may not have the same upside but his game probably less time to adapt to the pro level.
I think Mintyukov might fight for a spot next year…. Always been impressed with him… hinds def before zellweger tho, I think zell needs a year in the ahl

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Agreed about Hinds making it to the NHL before Minty and Zell.

Hinds was more noticeable for his defense, puck wins, and efficient outlets at our rookie tourney. No one else came close. (Note: none of the college boys were there.) When Verbeek finally saw his game at the rookie tourney, PV said that simple game was great and it would translate very well at the NHL level. Of course, before training camp ended, PV signed Hinds to an ELC. It's odd that PV admitted he didn't know much about Hinds until the rookie tourney camp.

When PV talked about Zell and Minty, he cited that both needed to work on their defensive game and structure. Both will probably need a whole season in the AHL to learn to play defense before going to the NHL, otherwise, they'll be rudely exposed.

Our NHL club is missing defensive guys. I think because there's a void in the NHL level is why Hinds might be promoted before Zell and Minty. It also helps that Hinds is 6'3 and 181 lbs. Hopefully, Hinds has put on more weight since those stats are from his draft year about a year and half away.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Agreed about Hinds making it to the NHL before Minty and Zell.

Hinds was more noticeable for his defense, puck wins, and efficient outlets at our rookie tourney. No one else came close. (Note: none of the college boys were there.) When Verbeek finally saw his game at the rookie tourney, PV said that simple game was great and it would translate very well at the NHL level. Of course, before training camp ended, PV signed Hinds to an ELC. It's odd that PV admitted he didn't know much about Hinds until the rookie tourney camp.

When PV talked about Zell and Minty, he cited that both needed to work on their defensive game and structure. Both will probably need a whole season in the AHL to learn to play defense before going to the NHL, otherwise, they'll be rudely exposed.

Our NHL club is missing defensive guys. I think because there's a void in the NHL level is why Hinds might be promoted before Zell and Minty. It also helps that Hinds is 6'3 and 181 lbs. Hopefully, Hinds has put on more weight since those stats are from his draft year about a year and half away.

His profiles on the QMJHL and Hockey Canada pages have him at 6'3 188

Reactions: Hockey Duckie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad