Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Our defense is going to be very talented 2 years from now

There may a slight issue with placing them all next season, or in the very least it'll be an interesting puzzle. If we sign Lacombe and Thrun, there's so many prospects at the pro level.

Assuming we will have Drysdale, Vaak and Benoit at the NHL level, squeezing in more than two rookie D is probably asking for trouble. Even if two of the following start the year in the NHL, you have quite a potential glut of young D at the AHL level, without much room to supplement them with steady vets.

Mintyukov
Zellweger
Hinds
Lacombe
Thrun
Helleson
Andersson

Five or more of those guys on the AHL roster together, would make for a very young (albeit talented) blueline group at any pro level.

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
There may a slight issue with placing them all next season, or in the very least it'll be an interesting puzzle. If we sign Lacombe and Thrun, there's so many prospects at the pro level.

Assuming we will have Drysdale, Vaak and Benoit at the NHL level, squeezing in more than two rookie D is probably asking for trouble. Even if two of the following start the year in the NHL, you have quite a potential glut of young D at the AHL level, without much room to supplement them with steady vets.

Mintyukov
Zellweger
Hinds
Lacombe
Thrun
Helleson
Andersson

Five or more of those guys on the AHL roster together, would make for a very young (albeit talented) blueline group at any pro level.
Worth noting that Andersson will be waiver eligible next year. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he goes back to Europe.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Worth noting that Andersson will be waiver eligible next year. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he goes back to Europe.

I didn't realize that, definitely do see a lot of guys return to Europe if they don't see NHL time by the point he's at next season. Hard to know where he's at with all the injuries.

With the lack of NHL RHD depth (only Drysdale under contract for next season), maybe they do just pencil in Andersson for a sink or swim spot in the bottom pair mix next year. Make the younger prospects have to play him out of a spot. As MMC stated, they should try to give him an NHL look this year.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017

Mintyukov
Zellweger
Hinds
Lacombe
Thrun
Helleson
Andersson

The nice thing is that Thrun and LaCombe will be 22. So even though they’ll be pro rookies, they should have a bit more composure.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
The nice thing is that Thrun and LaCombe will be 22. So even though they’ll be pro rookies, they should have a bit more composure.
It would help but I still think icing more than 1-2 rookie D + inexperienced Drysdale for the entirety of next season, is setting up a lot of long nights. Going to be some growing pains for any young defensemen and we aren't exactly set up with the best defensive insulation around them.

The possibility of going Fowler, Drysdale, Benoit, Vaak and rookies... I can see Gibson getting torched already. Have to add at least one steady vet into the group.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Mintyukov
Zellweger
Hinds
Lacombe
Thrun
Helleson
Andersson

Add that we might be willing to sign Moore - otherwise he could walk the next offseason

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012

Mintyukov
Zellweger
Hinds
Lacombe
Thrun
Helleson
Andersson

I think there’s going to have to be a quantity for quality trade at some point for someone proven and reliable but it’s a nice problem to have right now

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I didn't realize that, definitely do see a lot of guys return to Europe if they don't see NHL time by the point he's at next season. Hard to know where he's at with all the injuries.

With the lack of NHL RHD depth (only Drysdale under contract for next season), maybe they do just pencil in Andersson for a sink or swim spot in the bottom pair mix next year. Make the younger prospects have to play him out of a spot. As MMC stated, they should try to give him an NHL look this year.
I really expect Andersson to get quite a few NHL games after the deadline.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Other players that will be waiver eligible starting next season are Drew, Eriksson Ek, Golod, and Kindopp all of whom are expiring and may not be back (on NHL deals at least), and Groulx, who like Andersson is probably on the team after the trade deadline

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
It would help but I still think icing more than 1-2 rookie D + inexperienced Drysdale for the entirety of next season, is setting up a lot of long nights. Going to be some growing pains for any young defensemen and we aren't exactly set up with the best defensive insulation around them.

The possibility of going Fowler, Drysdale, Benoit, Vaak and rookies... I can see Gibson getting torched already. Have to add at least one steady vet into the group.

It wasn't a good idea last season. Last year we had that same situation putting on the ice three rookies in Drysdale, Benoit, and Mahura when one of Manson, Fowler, or Lindholm were injured. It wasn't a good idea then, but it seems as though we'll have no choice, especially when the youth might have more talent to present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad