Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Trevor janicke has a goal for Notre Dame

Luneau is 1+1 in the first period of his game.

Gaucher has a goal in the first period.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kalv

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Luneau had another goal and assist in the second period, now 2+2 tonight.

With 7+14 in 20, Luneau is now one of six (!) Ducks defensive prospects pacing at a point per game or better (Mintyukov, zellweger, Lacombe, Thrun, Hinds, Luneau).

Last edited:

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Lacombe has added an assist.

Pastujov has scored in his debut with sarnia.

4 points against half-talented a Michigan team. I'll take it as it spurs LaCombe's offense back to life, but I was hoping to see him bounce back against full competition.

You're correct about LaCombe playing forward:

LaCombe was a forward well into his teens until switching to defense full time while playing prep hockey for Shattuck-St. Mary’s. With Logan Cooley suspended by the Big Ten for one game, Cooley [LaCombe] took a shift at forward in the first period between Matthew Knies and Jimmy Snuggerud, and promptly popped a rising shot over Michigan goalie Erik Portillo’s shoulder for a 1-0 lead.

Reactions: Static

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Gaucher and colangelo have added assists, Nathan is now 1+2.

Unfortunately Francis' assist has been credited to a teammate, so first point will have to wait.

And now gaucher scores again, so a 2+2 night for him as well. Named third star of the game.

Reactions: lwvs84 and Kalv

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Hvidston has a primary PP assist for swift current.

Kukkonen with a PP goal for Michigan tech.

Reactions: Kalv

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Glad to see luneau doing well, thought he had 1st round talent… and thought it was a very good pick where we got him

Reactions: Vipers31

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'm pretty sure he was considered a top 10 prospect in the draft until he got injured, if he can live up to that earlier hype and potential he could be the top 4 two-way defenseman everyone is clamoring for
Yep he fell hard due to injury but if he can continue on his path he should be a good addition to our defensive pool.

I think he’s more of a 2 way guy…. Which is a good mix to what we already have. I really like the stylistic dmen we have coming up…. Nice blend of offensive guys, physical guys and 2 way guys

Reactions: goonsaredumb

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Gaucher reminds me a lot of Jones, he's just a center. I think for both of them (if we turn back the time on Jones a bit), the offense they are showing in the CHL is questionable in how it could translate to the NHL. They're very reactive and use their power against the teens but rarely show they can take over shifts, or even create something. Gaucher might also bring FO ability and perhaps more meanness, but tbh, I see 4th liners in both.

Last edited:

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
Gaucher reminds me a lot of Jones, he's just a center. I think for both of them (if we turn back the time on Jones a bit), the offense they are showing in the CHL is questionable in how it could translate to the NHL. They're very reactive and use their power against the teens but rarely show they can take over shifts, or even create something. Gaucher might also bring FO ability and perhaps more meanness, but tbh, I see 4th liners in both.
I feel like Gaucher has already shown more than Jones ever did but I am someone who hated that Jones pick the moment we made it so maybe I'm biased but to be fair I also hated the Gaucher pick when we first made it but he's won me over in the months since the draft with what we saw from him at training camp and thus far in the Q this year.

Gaucher is most likely a bottom 6 guy but I think he has all the tools to be one of those underlooked guys who doesn't put up a ton of points but is one of the best defensively-minded forwards in the league, Jones on the other hand I never saw anything more than a fringe 4th line/AHL level forward, he never impressed me even at the OHL level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad