Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Is that good?
Was kinda just browsing around the jr playoff stats…. And Jesus Brandt Clarke is leading OHL in points with 6 goals 12 assist in 6 games… absolutely absurd… higher ppg than bedard in the playoffs.

Mintyukov has been somewhat disappointing offensively but I think he’s really turned into a 2 way guy in ott

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Was kinda just browsing around the jr playoff stats…. And Jesus Brandt Clarke is leading OHL in points with 6 goals 12 assist in 6 games… absolutely absurd… higher ppg than bedard in the playoffs.

Mintyukov has been somewhat disappointing offensively but I think he’s really turned into a 2 way guy in ott
I think his performance in Ottava clearly shows he needs to go back there next season, compared to many of us thinking weather he should turn pro.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think his performance in Ottava clearly shows he needs to go back there next season, compared to many of us thinking weather he should turn pro.
Isn’t he AHL eligible??

I think a season in the AHL is prob the best move for him…. I don’t think he needs another year in juniors

It’s disappointing based on his high standards…. But I think he plays a much more complete game in his current situation

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Isn’t he AHL eligible??

I think a season in the AHL is prob the best move for him…. I don’t think he needs another year in juniors

It’s disappointing based on his high standards…. But I think he plays a much more complete game in his current situation
He is. I'd still keep him in Ottava tho. He has still things to learn

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
i definitely think he’ll be in SD. I’m a little concerned that we have too many young LHD there next season though. LaCombe(might be NHL bound), Hinds, Zellweger, Mintyukov

At some point someone is going to have to be moved

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
i definitely think he’ll be in SD. I’m a little concerned that we have too many young LHD there next season though. LaCombe(might be NHL bound), Hinds, Zellweger, Mintyukov

At some point someone is going to have to be moved
1 will be nhl bound, lacombe prob makes most sense…. I wouldn’t be shocked if zellweger plays RHD in San Diego.

I kinda imagine lacombe and helleson will be w/ ducks next year.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
1 will be nhl bound, lacombe prob makes most sense…. I wouldn’t be shocked if zellweger plays RHD in San Diego.

I kinda imagine lacombe and helleson will be w/ ducks next year.
Possible but I’m not sure about that. Verbeek is very insistent on letting the talent over-marinate.

There’s going to be some NHL signing on the back end this offseason so it’s tough to say who will be where right nis

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
Possible but I’m not sure about that. Verbeek is very insistent on letting the talent over-marinate.

There’s going to be some NHL signing on the back end this offseason so it’s tough to say who will be where right nis
I think for Helleson it’s do-or-die time and as an NCAA player LaCombe is very marinaded. Getting time with the Ducks’ strength team could be what he needs to take the next step

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think for Helleson it’s do-or-die time and as an NCAA player LaCombe is very marinaded. Getting time with the Ducks’ strength team could be what he needs to take the next step
Ya I’m hoping we give him a long look at nhl next year…. And honestly I’d like to see him with fowler, I’d like to see

Fowler helleson
Graves drysdale
Lacombe _____ - physical rhd (gudas/schenn/gudbranson type)

Benoit as 7th

He is the right style player we need. Him and hinds are 2 guys stylistically we need to kinda pan out(lesser extent Warren)

Last edited:

91Fedorov

John (Gibson) 3:16
Dec 30, 2013
Ya I’m hoping we give him a long look at nhl next year…. And honestly I’d like to see him with fowler, I’d like to see

Fowler helleson
Graves drysdale
Lacombe _____ - physical rhd (gudas/schenn/gudbranson type)

Benoit as 7th

He is the right style player we need. Him and hinds are 2 guys stylistically we need to kinda pan out(lesser extent Warren)
Gudas is a guy I want here. If he'd sign a short reasonable contract, I'd love him here. That kind of physicality on the 3rd pair would be ideal.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts

This makes no sense whatsoever. Do or die time for Helleson? After one professional season?

Playing college hockey is very different than the AHL. Send both down.

Reactions: AngelDuck

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

I completely disagree with the notion. He looks like an NHL D playing CHL hockey. There's really no precedence for sending a prospect of his stature back to junior for an overage year, and there's no reason to start with this guy. Physically he's ready for pro hockey and his game is much more efficient and mature playing in Ottawa's far more structured system.

He's done with junior hockey whenever the 67s season ends. Likely spends at least the better part of the year in the AHL but they'll let him decide when he's NHL ready based on his play - and I won't be surprised if that happens already by some point next season. This kid is very very good.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I completely disagree with the notion. He looks like an NHL D playing CHL hockey. There's really no precedence for sending a prospect of his stature back to junior for an overage year, and there's no reason to start with this guy. Physically he's ready for pro hockey and his game is much more efficient and mature playing in Ottawa's far more structured system.

He's done with junior hockey whenever the 67s season ends. Likely spends at least the better part of the year in the AHL but they'll let him decide when he's NHL ready based on his play - and I won't be surprised if that happens already by some point next season. This kid is very very good.

I think spending a whole season or more in the AHL learning to play defense will benefit all of our OFD's than rushing them up. I remember Eakins having that complaint when he was with Edmonton, that many of his players at the NHL level didn't know squat about defensive structures.

If Minty is to be our #1 in the future, then he needs to develop that defensive structure in his game to where he won't be a huge defensive liability. I love me OFD's and one of my favorite Ducks is Ozolinsh, but I also know Ozolinsh is a defensive liability. Monty had speed and offensive, but didn't care about defensive structure - which is part of the reason the Ducks traded him away.

Physically, Minty is AHL ready. Losing a year from COVID is huge with respect to his development path. I don't think staying in the CHL is worth it b/c teams change over so often that the structures also change with them. I remember being hyped for Tracey's second season with Victoria only to see Victoria trade away their top talents during the summer. I was more impressed with Tracey carrying around a rebuild team and he did most of his damage on the PP, but I digress.

Just bring him over and don't put a timeline on his defensive development.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I think spending a whole season or more in the AHL learning to play defense will benefit all of our OFD's than rushing them up. I remember Eakins having that complaint when he was with Edmonton, that many of his players at the NHL level didn't know squat about defensive structures.

If Minty is to be our #1 in the future, then he needs to develop that defensive structure in his game to where he won't be a huge defensive liability. I love me OFD's and one of my favorite Ducks is Ozolinsh, but I also know Ozolinsh is a defensive liability. Monty had speed and offensive, but didn't care about defensive structure - which is part of the reason the Ducks traded him away.

Physically, Minty is AHL ready. Losing a year from COVID is huge with respect to his development path. I don't think staying in the CHL is worth it b/c teams change over so often that the structures also change with them. I remember being hyped for Tracey's second season with Victoria only to see Victoria trade away their top talents during the summer. I was more impressed with Tracey carrying around a rebuild team and he did most of his damage on the PP, but I digress.

Just bring him over and don't put a timeline on his defensive development.

Yep I'd pencil him into the AHL lineup and at some point his overall play there will tell them when he's ready for the NHL. Might be camp, might be later in the season or maybe he does spend all year there. I just don't see it being too long though, he's a good one.

Reactions: Vipers31

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Yep I'd pencil him into the AHL lineup and at some point his overall play there will tell them when he's ready for the NHL. Might be camp, might be later in the season or maybe he does spend all year there. I just don't see it being too long though, he's a good one.

I'm just very skeptical of his defense and won't buy into #1 potential until I see that defensive acumen not be a liability to make the jump to the NHL next season right out of camp or in-season. PV noted that Minty and Zell have to learn how to play defense within a structure b/c what they're doing at the CHL level won't cut it at the NHL level. I do think he will learn it, but that's a lot to learn and get used to all the nuances. We've already rushed Drysdale. Let Minty marinate fully so he can be our version of Makar.

Right now, I'm higher on Hinds getting to the NHL before Minty and Zell. Hinds' defense is further developed and matured. I thought Hinds was very promising last year, but this year he took both is offense and defense to another level. His play made me sing, "You used to look good to me, but now I find you... simply irresistible." I'm not saying Hinds will better than Minty or Zell, but that his defense is what will push him to the NHL level faster. We need defensive D more than OFD at the NHL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad