Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
It's the same game Hinds played at the rookie tourney, which I said reminds me a lot of Lindholm. Lindholm wins puck battles as well as quickly and efficiently gets the puck out of the d-zone, essentially tilting the ice often. Hinds is my dark horse to make the NHL club next year, either to start or called up halfway through the season.
"Tilting the ice" was exactly the thought that came to my mind when I watched him last night. Not in higlight reel plays but just in terms of getting the puck from the opposition and giving it to teammates and not giving opponents much of a space to do things.

I'm not sure he'll be ready to go next year but surely I love his potential and fit in our org. I'm def with you in his fan club. He is the typical under the radar guy, his value usually doesn't show up in the scoresheet (in +/- it kinda does tho)

Last edited:

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
"Tilting the ice" was exactly the thought that came to my mind when I watched him last night. Not in higlight reel plays but just in terms of getting the puck from the opposition and giving it to teammates and not giving opponents much of a space to do things.

I'm not sure he'll be ready to go next year but surely I love his potential and fit in our org. I'm def with you in his fan club. He is the typical under the radar guy, his value usually doesn't show up in the scoresheet (in +/- it kinda does tho)

Hinds has exceeded expectations.

From DobberProspects:
The club traded up to select Hinds, a dependable rearguard from the QMJHL. After taking a mobile, high upside defender earlier in the draft (Zellweger), Hinds is the insurance pick who projects to be a safeguard, complementary piece to the bottom pairings. He’s considered a decent skater but does not project high upside.

Hinds​
QMJHL​
WJC​
Season​
Year​
Team​
Games​
G​
A​
Pts​
PPG​
Plus/Minus​
Comment​
D+0​
2020-21​
Shawinigan​
10​
0​
1​
1​
0.10​
3​
Defense, no offense​
Rimouski​
23​
6​
9​
15​
0.65​
7​
Improved offense​
D+1​
2021-22​
Rimouski​
23​
5​
11​
16​
0.70​
5​
Improved offense sustained​
Sherbrooke​
38​
7​
12​
19​
0.50​
23​
Improved defense​
D+2​
2022-23​
Sherbrooke​
56​
11​
43​
54​
0.96​
61​
Improved off & def; Highest +/- for D in league​
WJC-20​
7​
2​
0​
2​
0.29​
9​
Highest +/- for D on team; 2nd highest +/- for D at WJC​

Hinds just keeps getting better and better at each stop since his D+0 season. We'll get to follow him for the playoffs, possibly the Memorial Cup too! Hinds will continue to add more mass and strength. Maybe he might improve his skating with more strength training in his legs.

We have so many prospects in the CHL playoffs, it's gonna be fun to follow. Hvidston is the only CHL Ducks' prospect that isn't in the playoffs and should be heading to San Diego soon.

Reactions: lwvs84 and Static

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Pat Verbeek has stated (and proved with actions) he really likes (wants us to improve?) heavy forechecking.

Given this, I'd expect us to sign Tschigerl as he is supposedly good at that. Even if his offensive numbers dont pop

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Pat Verbeek has stated (and proved with actions) he really likes (wants us to improve?) heavy forechecking.

Given this, I'd expect us to sign Tschigerl as he is supposedly good at that. Even if his offensive numbers dont pop
I see him becoming one of those quality energy forwards every team likes to have on their 4th line, who can also play on the 3rd line.

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Tschigerl is gonna have to wait for the next season to official begin to be signed b/c once LaCombe comes on board, then we'll maxed out at 50 contracts.

UFA and RFA w/Arb after this season, courtesy of CapFriendly: (I added RFAs w/Arb players who may or may not be brought back.)

NHL
  • Forwards (2 UFAs, 1 RFA w/Arb)
    • Grant
    • Megna
    • Comtois RFA w/Arb
  • Defense (4 UFAs, 1 RFA w/Arb)
    • Beaulieu
    • Harrington
    • Moore
    • Shattenkirk
    • Benoit RFA w/Arb
  • Goalie (1 UFA)
    • Stolarz

NHL Non-roster
  • Forwards (2 UFAs, 2 RFAs w/Arb)
    • Kirkland
    • Sikura
    • Kindop RFA w/Arb
    • Slavin RFA w/Arb
  • Defense (4 UFAs)
    • Priskie
    • Del Zotto
    • Juolevi
    • Sustr
  • Goalie (1 RFA w/Arb)
    • OEE RFA w/Arb

Reactions: Kalv

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Tschigerl is gonna have to wait for the next season to official begin to be signed b/c once LaCombe comes on board, then we'll maxed out at 50 contracts.

UFA and RFA w/Arb after this season, courtesy of CapFriendly: (I added RFAs w/Arb players who may or may not be brought back.)

NHL
    • Grant
    • Megna
    • Comtois RFA w/Arb
    • Beaulieu
    • Harrington
    • Moore
    • Shattenkirk
    • Benoit RFA w/Arb
  • Goalie (1 UFA)
    • Stolarz

NHL Non-roster
    • Kirkland
    • Sikura
    • Kindop RFA w/Arb
    • Slavin RFA w/Arb
  • Defense (4 UFAs)
    • Priskie
    • Del Zotto
    • Juolevi
    • Sustr
  • Goalie (1 RFA w/Arb)
    • OEE RFA w/Arb
That's an interesting point, I had no idea.

But we can sign him to a Gulls ATO, right?

Reactions: tomd

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Tschigerl finished with a goal. A disappointing year by counting stats but finished the season strong. Wonder if we see him in San Diego soon.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Tschigerl finished with a goal. A disappointing year by counting stats but finished the season strong. Wonder if we see him in San Diego soon.

Isn't Tschigerl's team in the playoffs? According to the WHL site, Calgary (Tschigerl) will be facing off with Red Deer (King) this Friday.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
According to DefendtheNest site, he was expecting both Hvidston and Tschigerl to go to San Diego as soon as their season ended, since their rights are owned by the Ducks.
Does this have any more weight then one of us speculating? Not saying its not true, but its just speculation from a fan site.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Does this have any more weight then one of us speculating? Not saying its not true, but its just speculation from a fan site.

From DefendtheNest:

Black Aces: The CHL NHL transfer agreement also allows for CHL players to play in the AHL at the conclusion of their current season. Which is why it is fun to keep an eye on various prospects Junior clubs as the Gulls regular season starts to wind down.​

From DKpittsburghSports on CHL-NHL agreement faqs:
WHAT ABOUT WHEN JUNIOR SEASONS END?
Players who are restricted from playing in the minors during the season are allowed to play in the minors on an amateur contract after their junior team's season ends. The same rules still apply to the player the following season.

Last year, Zellweger was assigned to San Diego. He's already signed, though. Hvidston and Tschigerl aren't signed, but their rights still belong to the Ducks. They were the ones whose teams were on the brink of elimination. Swift Current didn't make it (Hvidston), but Calgary (Tschigerl) did eek in.

I hope this sates your inquiry and maybe checks some of your hubris about DefendtheNest.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Most of Harvard's best players are signing with their pro teams. I'd be very curious if ducks management is pushing to sign Moore or if they'd rather he be the number one guy for them next season.

Reactions: Sean Garrity

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach

NHL
    • Grant
    • Megna
    • Comtois RFA w/Arb
    • Beaulieu
    • Harrington
    • Moore
    • Shattenkirk
    • Benoit RFA w/Arb
  • Goalie (1 UFA)
    • Stolarz

NHL Non-roster
    • Kirkland
    • Sikura
    • Kindop RFA w/Arb
    • Slavin RFA w/Arb
  • Defense (4 UFAs)
    • Priskie
    • Del Zotto
    • Juolevi
    • Sustr
  • Goalie (1 RFA w/Arb)
    • OEE RFA w/Arb
This is an interesting list and probably merits it own discussion as to who should be resigned and who should be let go. If we resign some of the NHL players do we sign a one year contract or a multi year contract? I suspect that most of the NHL Non-roster players will be gone, although some of them will need to be replaced with other AHL vets. I also will guess that a majority of the NHL players will be let go, but some will be kept on shorter term contracts. We already know, for example, that Verbeek has said that he wants to resign Shattenkirk. This is a more interesting discussion, because after this disaster of a season who do you keep and why do you keep them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad