Prospect Info: 2022-23 Ducks Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

A pretty good read. Size doesn't magicaly solve all problems, but lack of it can be a huge disadvantage. Drysdale = hurt for the whole year. Last playoffs Sam Girard on the Avs was absolutely crushed so taken out of their run early... That's on top of any casual battle where bigger forwards often dominate

I've been wondering about it for a while and I don't think that we can make deep runs with both Dry and Zell on the team. Well, one of them has yet to crack pro hockey ofc

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
A pretty good read. Size doesn't magicaly solve all problems, but lack of it can be a huge disadvantage. Drysdale = hurt for the whole year. Last playoffs Sam Girard on the Avs was absolutely crushed so taken out of their run early... That's on top of any casual battle where bigger forwards often dominate

I've been wondering about it for a while and I don't think that we can make deep runs with both Dry and Zell on the team. Well, one of them has yet to crack pro hockey ofc
Drysdale isn't small, he just plays small. Zellweger is very small and I don't think he'll ever be a #1 because of that even if his offense totally translates.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Zell is objectively better than them in juniors (less games) but agin, makes you think...

Sam_Steel.jpg

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Drysdale isn't small, he just plays small. Zellweger is very small and I don't think he'll ever be a #1 because of that even if his offense totally translates.
Off the top of my head I can really only think of makar and Adam fox who are legit number one dmen and undersized. Most are/have been fairly specialized.

Even nieds seemed small to me and he's 6'1" and played at 200+ pounds.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Drysdale came in bigger this season and got hurt. He was smaller last year and played 81 games. Just bad luck for Jamie. He looks even bigger now in recent videos and he's still only 20 years old.

If we're going to use the balanced approach to pairings of 1 OFD/2-wayD with a DFD, then why can't both be on the same team?

Reactions: goonsaredumb

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Don’t know what made me think of this (probably Tschigerl’s ELC status), but what’s up with Janicke? Figured he would have had an ATO for the remainder of the year by now, just gonna let him walk to free agency?

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Ian White is a name i haven't heard for a long time. just came back to me that he was in the Phaneuf trade way back when. that transaction was like an NHL video game trade in real life

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
Drysdale came in bigger this season and got hurt. He was smaller last year and played 81 games. Just bad luck for Jamie. He looks even bigger now in recent videos and he's still only 20 years old.

If we're going to use the balanced approach to pairings of 1 OFD/2-wayD with a DFD, then why can't both be on the same team?
yeah, I don't get the logic behind "we can't have both of them and make deep playoff runs" in the slightest, if they're as talented as they are expected to be in what way is it a bad thing to have them both, they likely as you say get paired with guys like Hinds/Warren/etc. that will cover their weaknesses and allow them to fully thrive with their strengths.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
yeah, I don't get the logic behind "we can't have both of them and make deep playoff runs" in the slightest, if they're as talented as they are expected to be in what way is it a bad thing to have them both, they likely as you say get paired with guys like Hinds/Warren/etc. that will cover their weaknesses and allow them to fully thrive with their strengths.
I don’t know if it’ll cover their weaknesses. In the WCF Blackhawks series in 2015 they constantly attacked stoner on the third pairing when he was paired with vatanen and it absolutely worked. Just because one guy in the pairing has x going for him doesn’t mean they won’t exploit the other guys Y

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I don’t know if it’ll cover their weaknesses. In the WCF Blackhawks series in 2015 they constantly attacked stoner on the third pairing when he was paired with vatanen and it absolutely worked. Just because one guy in the pairing has x going for him doesn’t mean they won’t exploit the other guys Y

Then we gotta get better talent than Stoner.

Reactions: Duckcluck

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
I should have said "help cover their weaknesses" I don't think they will fully be able to eliminate their weaknesses obviously that's a near-impossible task but I definitely think they should be able to help in that regard.

I also personally think (and I'm sure some might disagree) that Zellweger/Drysdale will turn out better than Vatanen and that Hinds/Warren (Hinds at least) will turn out better than Stoner so I've got higher hopes for them in that regard.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I should have said "help cover their weaknesses" I don't think they will fully be able to eliminate their weaknesses obviously that's a near-impossible task but I definitely think they should be able to help in that regard.

I also personally think (and I'm sure some might disagree) that Zellweger/Drysdale will turn out better than Vatanen and that Hinds/Warren (Hinds at least) will turn out better than Stoner so I've got higher hopes for them in that regard.

I hope we are able to sign RD Moore next season! We could use a good skating, shutdown D developing on the pro side!

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Don’t know what made me think of this (probably Tschigerl’s ELC status), but what’s up with Janicke? Figured he would have had an ATO for the remainder of the year by now, just gonna let him walk to free agency?
Wouldn't be surprised if new management doesn't think he's worth signing

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Potentially, when they're without the puck faced up against bigger, pgysical forwards and forecheckers.

Having a big partner could decrease the negatives a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad