Prospect Info: 2022-2023 Coyotes Prospect General Discussion and Stats Weekly Update

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I find it hard to believe the Coyotes will improve enough to get out of the bottom 4. Who are they going to be better than?

Maybe Seattle? LOL.

Edit: yeah, Chicago as well. They REALLY need to tank for Bedard.

Bedard? Do you think NHL would allow him to go to Arizona?He can start sleeping in Blackhawks jersey.....

Given how committed Bettman is to keeping the team in AZ, I absolutely see the NHL allowing it ;)

Legionnaire11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 12, 2007
Fort Wayne
atlantichockeyleague.com
Jack McBain = Boyle-lite. Big bad center. Took a couple games to get going but should be a guy that is desirable to any team in their bottom 6.
Nathan Smith = Should be a solid bottom 6 guy for years that can slot up to the top line if needed. Gets into the dirty areas, drives the net. Similar to McBain without being built like a tank. Maybe a Martinook clone?
Michael Carcone - Probably better served in the AHL but can contribute when called up.
Boko Imama - Could develop into a great energy guy when needed.
Matias Maccelli - Had a great stint of games when first called up and then kind of disappeared. Has a little bit of Jarvis to his game. A little concerned about his willingness to put up with the physicality of the league. The type of guy that is a top 6 forward or bust.
Ben Mcartney - Didn't see any of the games he played.
Cam Dineen - Another guy that should just be an AHL call up
Vladislav Kolyachonok - Could be a fun player and he seems to be trying to figure out how to define his own role. Hard to gauge his offensive upside but he sure doesn't mind getting into the mix both sides of the ice. Quick north/south skater, needs to work on spacial awareness and I hope he is in the AHL next year to get stronger and concentrate on the small things because he could crack a top-4 if he puts everything together.
Janis Moser - Could have a Devon Toews type trajectory. Maybe the prospect I'm most excited for on this list. Was an over ager his draft year but looked like a vet from day one and on.
Karel Vejmelka - couldn't ask for much more this season but he is a goalie so who knows

Just what I saw from televised viewings this season. I watched probably 85% of the games and am in no way a good scout so hopefully others chime in too haha.

Great stuff. I realized I somehow forgot to ask about Dysin Mayo

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I've been looking forward to seeing Guenther in the playoffs when he comes to Winnipeg, for what should be an epic battle for the WHL championship. Unfortunately the series is scheduled to start on the day I leave for holidays. Guess I'll just watch the highlights and hope for updates from our friends with CHL TV (hbk & rt).

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I've been looking forward to seeing Guenther in the playoffs when he comes to Winnipeg, for what should be an epic battle for the WHL championship. Unfortunately the series is scheduled to start on the day I leave for holidays. Guess I'll just watch the highlights and hope for updates from our friends with CHL TV (hbk & rt).
There is an app. Every goal will have a highlight on Twitter as well.

Reactions: jmelm

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I'd like to see where Guenther would slot in on this upcoming draft if he was age eligible. Any guesses?

Because he's a winger, he would either be battling Slafkovsky for a top 3 slot (though teams would probably lean Slaf because of his size), or after the top 3 (Wright/Slaf/Cooley) and would be competing somewhere in the 4-7 slot with Gauthier, Nemec, Jiricek.

Or another way of looking at it, he would be the 2nd or 3rd winger chosen (between him and Gauthier, with the only real challenge from Gauthier being some teams see him as a C). Or you can look at it as he would be the 4th or 5th forward taken.

I would have him ahead of Kemell, Lekkerimaki, Savoie, and all the other forwards besides Wright/Slaf/Cooley and possibly Gauthier.

Now this is based on Guenther after his draft season, not his D+1 season (which is not a fair comparison, and then you also have to inlcude Wyatt Johnston who would also go ahead of Guenther, etc.).

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
See Vili Saarijarvi still listed on the Coyotes' reserves page on CapFriendly and he was one of the leading scorers in Finland's Liiga this past season.

Is that merely a formality or is there a chance he is in North America next season?

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Screenshot_20220520-183137_Chrome.jpg

DG ties up game 1 against Winnipeg.

The streaks alive! Add a shorthanded assist. Add another goal (PP) and now he leads playoffs with 11 goals.

A few other recognizable names in the game summary.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220520-180029_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220520-180029_Chrome.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Reactions: jmelm and MIGs Dog

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I'll be totally fine if we end up not sucking all the way to Bedard or Fanitlli next year and only get Zach Benson.

I mean, just look at this kid's picture and tell me he's not ready to step into the NHL in 2023....right out off the 8th grade.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Well I guess Guenther's streak had to end sometime....

No points for Savoie or Zach Benson either (despite WPG beating EDM 5-1)....so maybe it was just that kind of night. Only one PP assit for that bum Geekie.

Reactions: MIGs Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad