Prospect Info: 2022-2023 Coyotes Prospect General Discussion and Stats Weekly Update

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
I'm not saying DG is the next Ovi, but they both score a lot of goals from the same spot.

Reactions: Grimes

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
cleanhits.substack.com
I get Pastrnak vibes from him. Best shooting prospect we’ve had since Perlini. Granted that’s all he could do.

Yeah Pasta is a pretty great comparable from what I've seen too. There's a little Semin to his play and shot but with a different work ethic.

Kyle Connor is probably the first player that comes to my mind though. Similar builds and both listed at 6'1".

Legionnaire11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 12, 2007
Fort Wayne
atlantichockeyleague.com
Looking for info on players who made their NHL debut last season. Can anyone here tell me a bit about these guys like what role they played last season, what type of player they are and what their future outlook could be? Thanks!!

Jack McBain
Nathan Smith
Michael Carcone
Boko Imama
Matias Maccelli
Ben Mcartney
Cam Dineen
Vladislav Kolyachonok
Janis Moser
Karel Vejmelka

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
cleanhits.substack.com
Looking for info on players who made their NHL debut last season. Can anyone here tell me a bit about these guys like what role they played last season, what type of player they are and what their future outlook could be? Thanks!!

Jack McBain
Nathan Smith
Michael Carcone
Boko Imama
Matias Maccelli
Ben Mcartney
Cam Dineen
Vladislav Kolyachonok
Janis Moser
Karel Vejmelka

Jack McBain = Boyle-lite. Big bad center. Took a couple games to get going but should be a guy that is desirable to any team in their bottom 6.
Nathan Smith = Should be a solid bottom 6 guy for years that can slot up to the top line if needed. Gets into the dirty areas, drives the net. Similar to McBain without being built like a tank. Maybe a Martinook clone?
Michael Carcone - Probably better served in the AHL but can contribute when called up.
Boko Imama - Could develop into a great energy guy when needed.
Matias Maccelli - Had a great stint of games when first called up and then kind of disappeared. Has a little bit of Jarvis to his game. A little concerned about his willingness to put up with the physicality of the league. The type of guy that is a top 6 forward or bust.
Ben Mcartney - Didn't see any of the games he played.
Cam Dineen - Another guy that should just be an AHL call up
Vladislav Kolyachonok - Could be a fun player and he seems to be trying to figure out how to define his own role. Hard to gauge his offensive upside but he sure doesn't mind getting into the mix both sides of the ice. Quick north/south skater, needs to work on spacial awareness and I hope he is in the AHL next year to get stronger and concentrate on the small things because he could crack a top-4 if he puts everything together.
Janis Moser - Could have a Devon Toews type trajectory. Maybe the prospect I'm most excited for on this list. Was an over ager his draft year but looked like a vet from day one and on.
Karel Vejmelka - couldn't ask for much more this season but he is a goalie so who knows

Just what I saw from televised viewings this season. I watched probably 85% of the games and am in no way a good scout so hopefully others chime in too haha.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
If they think he's too good for the WHL, and we want to tank and don't want him around to help/hurt us score goal and win games to take us out of the Bedard sweepstakes, then let's just loan him to a good team in SWE, FIN or SUI. :)
I'm down for that

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
If they think he's too good for the WHL, and we want to tank and don't want him around to help/hurt us score goal and win games to take us out of the Bedard sweepstakes, then let's just loan him to a good team in SWE, FIN or SUI. :)
Forget Bedard. We'll get a great player next draft wherever our pick lands. Guenther is going to be ripping goals in Tempe. Our coach is too good and we'll have too much young talent to finish bottom five.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Forget Bedard. We'll get a great player next draft wherever our pick lands. Guenther is going to be ripping goals in Tempe. Our coach is too good and we'll have too much young talent to finish bottom five.

But maybe the hockey gods saved our lottery luck for next year? You said we won't be bottom 5, and New Jersey finished #6 :)

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I find it hard to believe the Coyotes will improve enough to get out of the bottom 4. Who are they going to be better than?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad