Patriots/NFL 2021 Season II: 1-2; Week 4 vs. TB

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Could Brady's side shut the f*** up? They sound like a bunch of f***ing losers who can't move on. Brady's success in Tampa speaks for itself. Convincingly. Why the need to bash Belichick and the Patriots? Belichick hasn't said a single thing about him since he left that wasn't glowing. Meanwhile, Tom's crew won't stop complaining about how Belichick was too mean to him.

That's the same f***ing approach that led to two decades of unparalleled success here. Brady only got pissed when his quack asshole business partner was undermining the Patriots trained medical staff and got kicked out for doing so. That's what this was all about.

And the proof is right there in the timing. Brady told Kraft he wanted out AFTER THEY WON THE SUPER BOWL AND HAD BEEN TO THREE STRAIGHT.

f*** I can't believe how gross Brady has been about this whole thing. YOU WON. Shut the f*** up.

I get it man, I really do. But to me, it shows how deep seated the dislike and distrust truly is. I'm not nearly as tired of this story as most, but only because I find it so fascinating that these two morons couldn't STFU and deal with each other in a professional manner until one of them retired. It's silly.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Seriously. You got to leave and cherry pick a team with weapons and you won a super bowl instead of having to stick around here with a subpar roster because belichick sacrificed the future to give you more of a window. Just shut the f*** up! Go help Guerrero cure cancer or whatever he is claiming he can do today

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Seriously. You got to leave and cherry pick a team with weapons and you won a super bowl instead of having to stick around here with a subpar roster because belichick sacrificed the future to give you more of a window. Just shut the f*** up!

Meh. He's taking a victory lap. Typical human response to want to shove it up your old bosses (or ex GF/BF's) ass when you're doing well without them, no?

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I get it man, I really do. But to me, it shows how deep seated the dislike and distrust truly is. I'm not nearly as tired of this story as most, but only because I find it so fascinating that these two morons couldn't STFU and deal with each other in a professional manner until one of them retired. It's silly.

Sounds like this was true of one side and not the other. Brady wanted out. Belichick just didn't want to hand out a 3-5 year deal to a guy in his 40s.

Also, f*** Gronk too. f*** it. I'm just letting loose now. Someday I won't be angry at either of them, but today is not that day.

Reactions: LSCII

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Meh. He's taking a victory lap. Typical human response to want to shove it up your old bosses (or ex GF/BF's) ass when you're doing well without them, no?

me personally? Idgaf, I focus on myself. I feel like that’s what adults do. High schoolers might go the Brady route

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
me personally? Idgaf, I focus on myself. I feel like that’s what adults do. High schoolers might go the Brady route

I agree with that too. Once I've moved on, I don't look back. But that's not the case with a lot of folks.

Reactions: CDJ

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I really can't believe the pass Brady gets for demanding to leave the Pats cause the coach was too mean and huwt his fweeings following a third Super Bowl title in five years.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I really can't believe the pass Brady gets for demanding to leave the Pats cause the coach was too mean and huwt his fweeings following a third Super Bowl title in five years.

I think it's relatable, TBH. Who hasn't been in a job where they've hated their boss and wanted to leave? And while you can point to the titles as proof for why he should STFU, you're ignoring the fact that he left and didn't skip a beat by winning another championship, but without the guy he was sick of. Seems to me one guy needed the other more in that scenario, no?

Cleveland Bill is still sitting on a losing record for his career and with zero titles (as a HC) without quarterbacks named Brady.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Sounds like this was true of one side and not the other. Brady wanted out. Belichick just didn't want to hand out a 3-5 year deal to a guy in his 40s.

Also, f*** Gronk too. f*** it. I'm just letting loose now. Someday I won't be angry at either of them, but today is not that day.
The Gronk situation always bugged me more than Brady. The guy quit on the team plain and simple and to boot he waited till after FA to tell them and screwed them about finding a replacement

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Could Brady's side shut the f*** up? They sound like a bunch of f***ing losers who can't move on. Brady's success in Tampa speaks for itself. Convincingly. Why the need to bash Belichick and the Patriots? Belichick hasn't said a single thing about him since he left that wasn't glowing. Meanwhile, Tom's crew won't stop complaining about how Belichick was too mean to him.

That's the same f***ing approach that led to two decades of unparalleled success here. Brady only got pissed when his quack asshole business partner was undermining the Patriots trained medical staff and got kicked out for doing so. That's what this was all about.

And the proof is right there in the timing. Brady told Kraft he wanted out AFTER THEY WON THE SUPER BOWL AND HAD BEEN TO THREE STRAIGHT.

f*** I can't believe how gross Brady has been about this whole thing. YOU WON. Shut the f*** up.

My favorite quote from Guerrero is the "So you can't treat someone who's in his 40s like they're 20. It doesn't work." It's like, oh yeah, that doesn't work? You made the Conference Championship 8 straight years and won 3 Super Bowls in 5 years, but clearly the most important working relationship on the team wasn't working.

Here's my view on Brady the person, and it's based purely on his relationship with Guerrero. He's either complicit, and knows his best friend is a snake oil salesman, or he's a moron who's easily influenced. I'd rather believe the latter because the former gives me too many negative feelings about my favorite athlete.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Who publicly calls out their boss after they leave their job?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The Gronk situation always bugged me more than Brady. The guy quit on the team plain and simple and to boot he waited till after FA to tell them and screwed them about finding a replacement

We've covered this many times here already. You still have yet to answer why a player should show loyalty to a coach/GM that argued with him on his healthcare treatments when hurt, nickel and dimed him on his contracts, and tried to trade him despite his wishes.

Like I said countless times, it's not Gronks fault that the Pats didn't pony up the money to incent him to come back. It's the GM's fault for not having a valid backup plan when the player didn't seem willing to budge.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
We've covered this many times here already. You still have yet to answer why a player should show loyalty to a coach/GM that argued with him on his healthcare treatments when hurt, nickel and dimed him on his contracts, and tried to trade him despite his wishes.

Like I said countless times, it's not Gronks fault that the Pats didn't pony up the money to incent him to come back. It's the GM's fault for not having a valid backup plan when the player didn't seem willing to budge.
Because he signed the contract. That's how it works. No one forced him to put his name to the contract

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

quitting is catching team a game clinching TD pass against the Rams? maybe its good Bill didnt trade him to Detroit

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Because he signed the contract. That's how it works. No one forced him to put his name to the contract

So teams always honor the contracts and never cut players when they have term left on their deals? Weird. I never knew that...:laugh:

He wasn't going to play under the terms of that deal, especially for Bill. He made it known he wanted more money and the team had the option to incentivize him to come back or to have a contingency plan in place in case he retired. Something that he'd been talking about for a couple of years at that point. So saying he screwed the team isn't factually accurate. They were well aware of his declining interest in football at that point.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
So teams always honor the contracts and never cut players when they have term left on their deals? Weird. I never knew that...:laugh:
That's how the league works. Just as Gronk has his right to retire or holdout, but that doesn't change that he quit that year.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Team plays in week 4 and Brady Sr and Guerrero already yapping.

someone should remind Tom Sr and Jr that he was almost not drafted and the only reason he even got a chance is cuz of Mo Lewis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad